2020-21 Free Agent Frenzy

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
So, the IF next year is Carpenter, DeJong, Edman, and Goldschmidt. 2 of the 4 are on the decline, one is a utility player, and DeJong is who knows at this point.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Colome is a must for Sox to bring back. We have no other option and he has pitched great for team since being acquired and with hopes of contending for WS title you cant have back of your bullpen a problem

McCann is gone as he will likely find a place he can start with his play of last two years

Dyson is likely not back as he is just D substitute and pinch runner

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So, the IF next year is Carpenter, DeJong, Edman, and Goldschmidt. 2 of the 4 are on the decline, one is a utility player, and DeJong is who knows at this point.

Goldy bounced back this season. His HR numbers are down but everything else is in line with career averages. 146 wRC+ .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What makes it interesting? It's a pretty thin crop this year.
I'm predicting there will be a lot more declined options/non-tenders than usual as teams are in a money crunch. Also will be interesting to see how the market changes even though there's no flat cap issue like in the NHL. Hard to say who will still be throwing money around and who won't.

Reactions: Cas and darko

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The only prediction here is the Angels won’t get any pitching
e823f869841c10d01cc73430d71ed31e.gif

Reactions: Mrfenn92

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm predicting there will be a lot more declined options/non-tenders than usual as teams are in a money crunch. Also will be interesting to see how the market changes even though there's no flat cap issue like in the NHL. Hard to say who will still be throwing money around and who won't.

Hope so.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Wow , One of the best closers in baseball over last 5 years (Has had ERA below 3 in 4 of last 5 years ,, Only year he didn't his ERA was 3.30)

This is absolutely absurd move

Indians ownership is cheap as f***

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Maybe they think Gorman is ready for the big leagues at 3B? No one else in the system or on the roster is an everyday 3B or 2B. Edman should be a super utility and Carpenter is a pinch hitter/DH at this point. DeJong is so up and down with the bat but he's a good defender. I'm fine with him and Goldy still has a few years left.

I think they're hoping Wong sees there's no money out there and comes back at a bargain. They need OF's too. Carlson is the only sure thing to start. Fowler is washed, Bader can't hit his own weight. O'Neill is a 2 outcome player and better on the bench.

They need pretty much everything besides LF, 1B and SS.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

Wow , One of the best closers in baseball over last 5 years (Has had ERA below 3 in 4 of last 5 years ,, Only year he didn't his ERA was 3.30)

This is absolutely absurd move

Indians ownership is cheap as f***

I hope Houston claims him. Essentially the $10 million option replaces the $10 million + Osuna would have made. Houston earlier on placed Osuna on waivers but essentially will be non tendered if he clears.

Also, although not a closer, the Braves declined the option of Darren O'Day, which was $3.5 million.

Apparently the Rockies owner sent out a letter to season ticket holders saying this off season will be nothing normal about this offseason as the industry faces a new economic reality.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Rays decline option on Charlie Morton which was $15 mil. Also Zunino.

Would love to see him back in Houston. But I wonder if he retires. Wouldn't mind Zunino as well for a Maldonado Zunino tandem.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
With tons of teams walking away from good players who are on reasonable contracts I’ll be pretty pissed if the Jays don’t address some of the holes in their roster. SP, bullpen, and another legit bat.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Meh move from Rays, Morton is gamer.

I think he goes back to... Braves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->