2020-21 Expected Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Is that allowed? Sharks only offer sheeted Hjammer. The Hawks then just had to let Neimi walk after arbitration and the Sharks just scoped him up.

Idk in this tight cap area I'm not sure the offer sheet case is as likely. The 2015 Saad situation was a far more likely one I got fearing
Yeah that's what happened but they used the Hjalmarsson offer sheet to force the Hawks to let Niemi walk. It was proabably a good thing for the Hawks because they probably don't win 2 more cups with Niemi in net.

If you match the first OS there's nothing that says they can't offer another one.

Reactions: ClydeLee

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah that's what happened but they used the Hjalmarsson offer sheet to force the Hawks to let Niemi walk. It was proabably a good thing for the Hawks because they probably don't win 2 more cups with Niemi in net.

If you match the first OS there's nothing that says they can't offer another one.
A ton of teams have promising RFA's needing new deals with most teams close to the cap. Why would a team focus all it's efforts on the Hawks?

Not saying it can't happen, but it's not something to be worried about this early.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
A ton of teams have promising RFA's needing new deals with most teams close to the cap. Why would a team focus all it's efforts on the Hawks?

Not saying it can't happen, but it's not something to be worried about this early.
If you're not a bottom feeder I'd give up a 1st/3rd in about 10 seconds for Kubalik. Just my opinion, but he's a notch below Panarin in talent. Would not surprise me at all if he puts up 40 goals and 75 points one day. (I don't necessarily expect him to do so, but it wouldn't be shocking if he did) Hell of a find by Stan and the Euro scouts.

In the same breath, I'd offer sheet Strome at 4.2 M(2nd round compensation) in about 10 seconds as well. If Strome was even an average skater he'd be a star. That's the only weakness in his game, and a big one. The rest of his skillset is so damn good that IMO he could be a low end 1C as is. Strome's biggest asset is his brain.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If you're not a bottom feeder I'd give up a 1st/3rd in about 10 seconds for Kubalik. Just my opinion, but he's a notch below Panarin in talent. Would not surprise me at all if he puts up 40 goals and 75 points one day. (I don't necessarily expect him to do so, but it wouldn't be shocking if he did) Hell of a find by Stan and the Euro scouts.

In the same breath, I'd offer sheet Strome at 4.2 M(2nd round compensation) in about 10 seconds as well. If Strome was even an average skater he'd be a star. That's the only weakness in his game, and a big one. The rest of his skillset is so damn good that IMO he could be a low end 1C as is. Strome's biggest asset is his brain.
There are a number of guys who will be RFA's this offseason that are a similar talent level to Kubalik and Strome.

So for a team to offersheet one of our guys, they'd need to first have the necessary picks, they'd need to determine that they specifically want our guys, and then our players would need to sign an offer sheet.

You're overthinking things again. We're months too early for any real discussion about the possibility of an offer sheet.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

If you’re a bottom feeder? I don’t know about that.

That would mean you’re giving up a high lottery pick for Kubalik.

I could see lower end playoff team with space giving up its first for Kubalik, but not a bottom feeder.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
In the hypothetical situation we beat the Oilers and move on to the first round, I fully expect Bowman to be working the phones to package that first with Seabrook.

It’ll likely take more and some cap coming back, but he has to do his due diligence to dump him.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
In the hypothetical situation we beat the Oilers and move on to the first round, I fully expect Bowman to be working the phones to package that first with Seabrook.

It’ll likely take more and some cap coming back, but he has to do his due diligence to dump him.
No, that's my Khusnutdinov pick

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

He's not gonna waive, just get it out of your head. It's LTIRetirement out of frustration via lack of playing time or we're stuck with him. It is what it is. One can only hope he realizes he can't play anymore sooner rather than later and goes home and collects his checks. I think these surgeries were his last ditch effort to keep playing. If he can't play anymore next year I think he accepts his fate.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He's not gonna waive, just get it out of your head. It's LTIRetirement out of frustration via lack of playing time or we're stuck with him. It is what it is. One can only hope he realizes he can't play anymore sooner rather than later and goes home and collects his checks. I think these surgeries were his last ditch effort to keep playing. If he can't play anymore next year I think he accepts his fate.
Didn't he have that comment where he said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that he believes he belongs in the league whether it's with the Hawks or not?

Could have just been said out of frustration, but maybe he would waive for a team that would give him minutes.

Of course such a team probably doesn't exist...

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Didn't he have that comment where he said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that he believes he belongs in the league whether it's with the Hawks or not?

Could have just been said out of frustration, but maybe he would waive for a team that would give him minutes.

Of course such a team probably doesn't exist...
Such a team almost definitely doesn't exist.

Seabs is in denial right now.....he's going to have to go through the stages of grief. It is what it is.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Until the Hawks can rid themselves of the Seabrook contract they will continue to bleed depth from the lineup.

That means if any rfa’s (Kubalik, strome) ask for debrincat type of dollars then they will be traded or someone else will be removed (saad).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Doubt any GMs would be aggressive enough to offersheet players when the cap is going to be flat and draft picks (and therefore guys on ELC's) will be at premium value.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Doubt any GMs would be aggressive enough to offersheet players when the cap is going to be flat and draft picks (and therefore guys on ELC's) will be at premium value.
If that's the case they could get away with qualifying Strome as he's not arbitration eligible.
If they got 2nd round compensation for him in an offer sheet it wouldn't be horrible.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
If Strome or Kubalik gets OSed, I hope like hell that it’s for at least a 1st and 3rd and that the 1st ends up being high enough to get us Luke Hughes. Next year is the draft for D-men. There’s not a Rasmus Dahlin level talent but there are at least 3 or 4 guys that could be Quinn Hughes level or at least close.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I'm fairly concerned about both Strome and Kubalik getting offersheeted by the same team. They get the Hawks to match Kubalik north of $6M then turn around and OS Strome at 4.2M and wait. It's exactly how the Sharks got Niemi in 2010.
We arent Carolina, our players actually like playing here

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks should try to acquire Alexander Georgiev and go with a Georgiev/Delia tandem next year

I have liked what I have seen of Georgiev but with Lundqvist signed another year and Shesterkin in place as #1 and future of organization its clear Georgiev will be on way out of NY

Just turned 24 yrs old in Feb so he fits the Hawks youth retool

We arent Carolina, our players actually like playing here

Raleigh actually has been very popular for players especially those with families

I dont recall many players leaving Carolina because they didn't like it there. Problem was for years they were on budget under Karmanos

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Hawks should try to acquire Alexander Georgiev and go with a Georgiev/Delia tandem next year

I have liked what I have seen of Georgiev but with Lundqvist signed another year and Shesterkin in place as #1 and future of organization its clear Georgiev will be on way out of NY

Just turned 24 yrs old in Feb so he fits the Hawks youth retool

Raleigh actually has been very popular for players especially those with families

I dont recall many players leaving Carolina because they didn't like it there. Problem was for years they were on budget under Karmanos
Aho signed an offersheet just last season

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And?

Joe Sakic signed one with NYR
Federov signed one with Carolina

Its a avenue for players to get paid when interest exists

By your logic Chicago is not place players want to play since Hammer signed an offer sheet

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm fairly concerned about both Strome and Kubalik getting offersheeted by the same team. They get the Hawks to match Kubalik north of $6M then turn around and OS Strome at 4.2M and wait. It's exactly how the Sharks got Niemi in 2010.

losing Strome to an offer sheet is not a big problem at all

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nobody is going to offer-sheet Strome.

Kubalik, absolutely, which is why you get him signed first and then discuss what fraction of the crumbs Strome is willing to stay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad