2020-21 ECHL Season Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Florida Everblades Star McCarron Leads Unofficial ECHL Midseason Awards

Mar 18, 2021
Mike Ashmore

With the ECHL season at roughly the halfway point, we thought it might be interesting to take a look at who might — with a big emphasis on “might” — be in line to win the league’s coveted awards.

A reminder that these are all unofficial and for fun, and that we’d love to see you send your “ballots” to us on Twitter at @FloHockey to see who you think should be in the lead for these awards. ...

Read about the Unofficial Nominees at: Florida Everblades Star McCarron Leads Unofficial ECHL Midseason Awards

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Arwin Atwal Strike 2:

Atwal, of the Florida Everblades got his third game misconduct; is now a repeat offender; AND is suspended for 5 more games.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
According to some Greenville fans, he was allegedly calling them inbreeders at the tunnel. Classy move
"inbreeders" could apply to a professional calling, like workers in a fertility research lab or an animal husbandry field. Sounds like a compliment to me. :nod:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
It's been over a month since we looked at this. For reference, the 2020-21 ECHL ir-regular season ends on Saturday, June 5th.

ECHL West Standings (23 Mar 2021).JPG

ECHL East Standings (23 Mar 2021).JPG

Attachments

• ECHL East Standings (23 Mar 2021).JPG
    ECHL East Standings (23 Mar 2021).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Shack...he would fit the definition of acting a fool at times. But in a fun way.

I met him once...was at an Ace Baily memorial event after 9/11. He was supposed to be a celebrity coach but one of the MCs was unable to attend due to illness and he jumped right into that role. He was incredibly funny and personable. Like many other old-time players, he was still there a couple of hours after the event was officially over hanging out with fans.

Reactions: Roadhog

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I met him once...was at an Ace Baily memorial event after 9/11. He was supposed to be a celebrity coach but one of the MCs was unable to attend due to illness and he jumped right into that role. He was incredibly funny and personable. Like many other old-time players, he was still there a couple of hours after the event was officially over hanging out with fans.
Never had the pleasure but from what I'm told by those who did meet him ...he was super personable and fun to talk to, just like most of that generation of players.

Reactions: 210

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Indy coach gets fined and Suspended:

Doug Christiansen fined and suspended 6 games for violations of the salary cap
2004-05Danbury TrashersUHL77243862164151133623
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Maybe falling back to his playing days in Danbury. He played for the Royals for a couple years, and told me some of the things that they did for players in Danbury outside of their salary and benefits. Was a great place to be a player for sure, but that stuff will get you in trouble in the ECHL. Or maybe he was just late with his league reports.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
2004-05Danbury TrashersUHL77243862164151133623
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Maybe falling back to his playing days in Danbury. He played for the Royals for a couple years, and told me some of the things that they did for players in Danbury outside of their salary and benefits. Was a great place to be a player for sure, but that stuff will get you in trouble in the ECHL. Or maybe he was just late with his league reports.
part of the Monarchs organization before he went to Indy ..... that was just odd timing to release that in this pandemic year, glad though the ECHL is on top of that type of foolishness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad