Pre-Game Talk: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche Preseason Thread

Which new bloke are you most looking forward to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kaut will be on the taxi squad to start the season but will probably be in the lineup on a regular basis. He got his 9 game trial last March and did very well so the expectation is that he'll burn the first year of his ELC this season.
His ELC counts regardless now. It’s sad he’s the forgotten man. Nobody asks or talks about him. For someone who had a really successful audition too.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
His ELC counts regardless now. It’s sad he’s the forgotten man. Nobody asks or talks about him. For someone who had a really successful audition too.
He won't be forgotten for long. Once he cracks the lineup I reckon he'll stay in more often than not as he'll probably be the 1st taxi-squad "callup" and chances are that we won't be 100% healthy all the time.

Guys like Jost and Donskoi better bring their best game every night or else they could face the prospect of being replaced by Kaut outright.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
He won't be forgotten for long. Once he cracks the lineup I reckon he'll stay in more often than not as he'll probably be the 1st taxi-squad "callup" and chances are that we won't be 100% healthy all the time.

Guys like Jost and Donskoi better bring their best game every night or else they could face the prospect of being replaced by Kaut outright.

With the way the Avs are set up w strong prospects everywhere except in net they can even trade a player like Donskoi or Cole with retention without much impact on the cap as the replacement players are all on cheap entry level deals.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Not sure where Capfriendly got their info, for the Avs roster, they got

Forwards (12)
Burakovsky - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Kadri - Saad
Nichushkin - Compher - Donskoi
Jost - Bellemare - Calvert

Defense (7)
Toews - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Graves - Cole
Johnson

Goalies (2)
Graubauer
Francouz

Taxi Squad (6)
O'Connor
Bowers
Kaut
Sherwood
Gilbert
Miska

.. and Byram not on the roster or taxi squad

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Not sure where Capfriendly got their info, for the Avs roster, they got

Forwards (12)
Burakovsky - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Kadri - Saad
Nichushkin - Compher - Donskoi
Jost - Bellemare - Calvert

Defense (7)
Toews - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Graves - Cole
Johnson

Goalies (2)
Graubauer
Francouz

Taxi Squad (6)
O'Connor
Bowers
Kaut
Sherwood
Gilbert
Miska

.. and Byram not on the roster or taxi squad

Don’t worry about Byram. The coaches have already said he’ll be playing some games with the Avs. He’s not on the roster because he’s still in quarantine.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I'm not too worried about all of this hype tbh. Not that he's the only guy on the team, but Mackinnon is a huge X factor here and seems like a guy who doesn't even really give a shit and just wants to win a cup.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017

Loved Kaut, I think the guy has great 3rd line upside. I imagine he makes his way into the lineup this year if one of Compher, Jost, Nuke start struggling

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Makin' out at all those Covid parties without his front teeth.

upload_2021-1-13_14-29-6.png

Reactions: S E P H
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->