Prospect Info: 2020-21 Blackhawks' Rookies

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Awesome!

We all hoped Suter would be the 'next' gem found from overseas like Panarin, Kahun, Kubalik and he hasn't really disappointed has he?

Kurashev I'd say is the biggest surprise, I know their were a few supporters on here but he really is good at hockey, how good will get?

Mitchell has been about what I had hoped he'd be, do any rookie dmen ever really get 20 minutes a game in year one?

Beaudin to me is the bonus prospect on defence, under the radar with Boqvist and Mitchell getting all the hype, his future affects that of Carlsson, Kalynuk, Krys, Phillips, Krutil, Vlasic, Kaiser, who has to be moved to make room?

Carlsson to me is solid like Carl Dahlstrom and Klas Dahlbeck were, and like both of those will probably be lost either via waivers, expansion draft space or as a package deal, does he get resigned or traded?

Lankinen is the real surprise this season, it was known that a trifecta of goalies would be auditioning for th starters job and Lankinen has won it hands down! Does the second half continue to his year?

Hagel is the player I'm most happy for, and it's come at the expense of both Highmore and Wallmark. Both have under performed, Hagel is what I hoped Highmore would be this season...hopefully he can pick up some finishing touches from Kubalik soon, we need him and Kampf to start finishing like Carpenter and Soderberg have of late. He scored in junior. Could Hagel be our next Bolland/Frolik type player?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I know this thread is about rookies, but a note on a future rookie: Lucas Reichel with a goal and assist today. After a relatively slow start to the season he now has 21 points in 24 games and is averaging 1ppg over his last 15 games or so.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I know this thread is about rookies, but a note on a future rookie: Lucas Reichel with a goal and assist today. After a relatively slow start to the season he now has 21 points in 24 games and is averaging 1ppg over his last 15 games or so.
Excellent! Maybe he can join us for the playoffs! JK I know he's atleast a year away, man do I love this crop of kids!

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

promising for sure considering he has been playing as an 18 year old boy in a mens league for a couple of seasons now.

dont want to rush him but part of me is hoping he can make the jump to the hawks next season...

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
IMG_2401.PNG
IMG_2402.PNG

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Tough for Kurashev who seems stapled onto the fourth line nowadays. Wonder if he's still in the lineup when Dach is back.

I preferred it when he was rotating all the kids through the top of the lineup. Has Kurashev regressed a lot to be stapled at the bottom, or have Suter and others just outperformed him?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Tough for Kurashev who seems stapled onto the fourth line nowadays. Wonder if he's still in the lineup when Dach is back.

I preferred it when he was rotating all the kids through the top of the lineup. Has Kurashev regressed a lot to be stapled at the bottom, or have Suter and others just outperformed him?
I think he's just temporarily on the 4th line. He'll be back on the 3rd line when Janmark is traded. Given that the Hawks are still in a playoff spot, I think Janmark will be traded and Soderberg will stay. They also may attempt to trade de Haan as his fancy stats are still ok I think.

Reactions: JohnLennon

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Any of our three rookie forwards could lead teammin rookie pts at seasons end...Suter, Kurashev or Hagel I believe

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

I wouldn't say Kurashev has regressed - he is still having the same disruptive effect on the forecheck and puck hunting but he seems to be making more ill-advised plays now than before. Mostly poor judgement/execution passes. Whereas Suter has been very steady from the start, Hagel has gotten better and Kurashev may be either pressing a bit or hit the rookie wall. Still, 3 outstanding rookie forwards that look to be pieces of the future - what's not to like?

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Boqvist is leading our D in points with a lot less games. Scoring at a .67 clip and has picked it up since returning.
That covid break for him looks like it really helped him get his mind right. He's been really strong since he returned.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I wouldn't say Kurashev has regressed - he is still having the same disruptive effect on the forecheck and puck hunting but he seems to be making more ill-advised plays now than before. Mostly poor judgement/execution passes. Whereas Suter has been very steady from the start, Hagel has gotten better and Kurashev may be either pressing a bit or hit the rookie wall. Still, 3 outstanding rookie forwards that look to be pieces of the future - what's not to like?
Something that hasn't been mentioned here or on the boards that I've seen is the fact all three of Suter Hagel and Kurashev played in leagues before this season started...and it shows, they've all impressed and maybe short of the unknown/known element of Suter they've exceeded expectations.

Hagel for one has been beast mode now almost like he's ready for the playoffs to start

Reactions: Pertti

giza

Jul 19, 2011
This Reese Johnson guy---who played with Hagel in the WHL......he seems like a good 4th line, North South player, how is he in the dot and do people think he is on the 4th line next year?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Thoughts on Kalynuk so far?

what’s his upside? Strengths? Weaknesses?

think he sticks with Chicago for rest of this season ?
Kalynuk has been steady, I always look at minutes played and when played, obviously veterans dominate but with Beaudin, Mitchell and Carlsson all trying for that one spot this season is a learning curve one...next season will be big step...looks like Rockford won't be playing playoff hockey so I'd move those ATO guys back to either their WHL teams or down to Indy...keep rotating one of the four on the Hawks then play three in Rockford

Reactions: Pertti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad