2020-21 Around the League Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Who would've thought Laine would be traded out of Winnipeg. Especially after they were gifted that pick at the draft.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What a trade by Jarmo.

Getting both Laine and Roslovic is an impressive haul for Dubois.

No way the Avs would have paid anything close to that.
For the Avs the equivalent would be giving up Landeskog and Compher for PLD, although Landeskog is older than Laine so im not sure if that would work. Probably not. Rantanen is not an option, so Avs would probably had to give up a top prospect instead

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jets have been shopping Laine for months now and wanted a young 1C of equal value back.

They got lucky that one fell into their laps like that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's a pretty solid deal for both sides. Though I think I like it better for the Jets just because of the importance of good Center depth.

Laine is going to surprise a lot of people in Columbus. Calling it now that he and Torts are going to get along just fine.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Laine is just better than PLD and will be better in the future too.

Scheifele and Dubois is a damn good 1-2 punch down the middle though.
I think Laine has the ability to be better than PLD, but PLD has a higher floor. But also like you said WPGs 1-2 at C is ridiculous now and they now get to put Wheeler back on the wing where he’s best.

Reactions: S E P H

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Laine is going to surprise a lot of people in Columbus. Calling it now that he and Torts are going to get along just fine.
I mean anyone who is still calling Laine for laziness/attitude hasn't watched him for a long time. Last year he was the most complete forward from the Jets, in a team that has Scheifele who is very underrated. He was a monster powerforward in the game he played against Calgary in the opening. Remember Tortorella also coached a guy like Panarin, who does work hard but his style doesn't always indicate it. They got along just fine.

The big question is, how does Columbus system fit Laine, and will he resign there?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's pretty easy: if Laine turns into a consistent 45-50 goal scorer for the length of a new long term contract CBJ win the deal. If not then the Jets win.

That's assuming that both teams manage to sign their new guy long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad