Speculation: 2020-2021: Sharks Roster Discussion Part 3 - It's still the Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I think he's a fine player, but not going to be worth the contract he gets and I don't think he ages as well as Burns either. I'd be fine to see him end up in Vegas as that's going to be very penal to them in a few years.

PDB will make sure AP gets heavy minutes. ;)

Reactions: Sandisfan

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

Posts like this are one reason people don't like Kurz.

It's one thing to voice an opinion that the team needs to rebuild and rework the core, he's entitled to his opinion. I find his attitude and responses grating and his tone pompous. I much prefer the well reasoned and detailed reporting/analysis of Sheng Peng. Even if I disagree, at least Sheng's work is thought provoking and informative.

Last edited:

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Is it wrong of me that I’m giggling under my breath that it seems as if the Vegas Golden Knights are squirming with trying to move Fleury and Pacioretty??
It feels bad but it feels so good.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Is it wrong of me that I’m giggling under my breath that it seems as if the Vegas Golden Knights are squirming with trying to move Fleury and Pacioretty??
It feels bad but it feels so good.
Nah, you're in the clear for a little bit of schadenfreude in this case. For me, beyond all the contentious history out teams have, the thing that pisses me off most about Vegas is that the NHL gifted them a playoff team. It's amazing how quickly they went from their inaugural season to absolute cap-hell.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

It's one thing to voice an opinion that the team needs to rebuild and rework the core, he's entitled to his opinion. I find his attitude and responses grating and his tone pompous. I much prefer the well reasoned and detailed reporting/analysis of Sheng Peng. Even if I disagree, at least Sheng's work is thought provoking and informative.

And, well, St. Louis was in last place in January 2019 before it went on an insane run fueled by Binnington coming out of nowhere and playing in God mode, and a team that headshotted its way to the Cup and was allowed to do so by George Parros.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

This has always been my biggest problem with Kurz. He acts like he's the smartest guy in the room because of his connections, but his speculation and hockey opinions are so narrative-based and superficial. The worst part about it, and I've said this before, is that he's a fine writer when given a good story; he just acts like his hockey opinions are so much more valid than everyone else's.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
It’s wild. In recent years, I had crossed my fingers for defenseman Ian McCoshen, Madison Bowey and Slater K.
Now each of them is ufa already.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
It’s wild. In recent years, I had crossed my fingers for defenseman Ian McCoshen, Madison Bowey and Slater K.
Now each of them is ufa already.
I could see Slater K come here. If we arent going big on Toffoli or Dadonov we will have the cap for a decent third pair RD. Could come in the Stetcher or Kokok variety

Reactions: Alaskanice

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

he also thinks its still to soon to fire PDB so yea.....

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

He’s made it abundantly clear that professionalism and treating his readers with respect is not important to him. I’m surprised there haven’t been any professional repercussions for his actions.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
He’s made it abundantly clear that professionalism and treating his readers with respect is not important to him. I’m surprised there haven’t been any professional repercussions for his actions.

At least be glad that Kurz is apparently free to criticize the organization. A narrative it may be, but in the past, we know that media personnel would only stick to certain narratives for fear of losing access and/or their jobs.

I'd much rather have a waspish journalist who is willing to tell the truth/unvarnished opinion than a butterfly who is yolked by the organization he works for.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
At least be glad that Kurz is apparently free to criticize the organization. A narrative it may be, but in the past, we know that media personnel would only stick to certain narratives for fear of losing access and/or their jobs.

That's fair, but once any of us start criticizing the org, it's like we insulted his mom or something.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

I'd much rather have a waspish journalist who is willing to tell the truth/unvarnished opinion than a butterfly who is yolked by the organization he works for.
I'm definitely not advocating for sycophant or yes-man. Last thing I want to read is the team's propaganda. The problem with Kurz is twofold, he has poorly reasoned, narrative driven opinions that he stubbornly adheres to, and his general snarky delivery/defense of said opinions.

This has always been my biggest problem with Kurz. He acts like he's the smartest guy in the room because of his connections, but his speculation and hockey opinions are so narrative-based and superficial. The worst part about it, and I've said this before, is that he's a fine writer when given a good story; he just acts like his hockey opinions are so much more valid than everyone else's.

This. It's mostly a matter of tone and attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad