IF Troja-Ljungby
1.png
HockeyAllsvenskan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, I don't see much of NHL talent there. The only one that has a chance is Latimer as a bottom 6 F, or Johanssen.

Oliver Johansson : 24th
Viktor Lodin : not voted yet
Vitali Abramov : 20th
Olle Alsing : not ranked (not a prospect)
Jakov Novak : not voted yet
Carson Latimer : 26th
Jonny Tychonick : not voted yet
Eric Engstrand : not voted yet

The only 2 prospects that we care about here are Oliver Johansson and Carson Latimer. Vitali Abramov should be too but I don't know, he has to succeed in the KHL to get back on the map

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
First shift he destroys a guy :laugh:

I'm skeptical about the pick but there's no question his hitting ability is elite.

Arguably the most physical player drafted in almost a decade.
He didn't touch the puck much but a Freshman so to be expected I guess...dont see him being a transition guy either.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
First shift he destroys a guy :laugh:

I'm skeptical about the pick but there's no question his hitting ability is elite.

Arguably the most physical player drafted in almost a decade.

I love the penalty he got, takes a faceoff and just sort of shoves the other guy after and sends him flying... just physically dominating guys

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IDK I saw a guy who can stick handle, who has good vision & passing ability. Boucher can skate, he is physically dominating & he scored a goal & should be another good front of the net prescence where the majority of goals are scored in the NHL. What's not to like about this guy?

I assume they should put him with Pinto & Stutzle when he is ready & he will create a lot of space for those two to create more offence. I think he will be better & much more physical than C. Brown who is on the 2nd line now. Those three could challenge the top line every game as the best line on the team. I think Boucher is going to be great for this team & a lot better player than people think he is just like Tkachuk turned into a much better player than most thought he would be.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
IDK I saw a guy who can stick handle, who has good vision & passing ability. Boucher can skate, he is physically dominating & he scored a goal & should be another good front of the net prescence where the majority of goals are scored in the NHL. What's not to like about this guy?

I assume they should put him with Pinto & Stutzle when he is ready & he will create a lot of space for those two to create more offence. I think he will be better & much more physical than C. Brown who is on the 2nd line now. Those three could challenge the top line every game as the best line on the team. I think Boucher is going to be great for this team & a lot better player than people think he is just like Tkachuk turned into a much better player than most thought he would be.
He's got some things to work on but I like what I saw. He might not ever dangle like Batherson but he's going to impact games.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Played shorthanded, on the PP, 4 on 4. Played LW, C, RW. Scored a goal, took a penalty, had a huge hit and several physical plays. Moved the puck quickly and efficiently most of the time... showed a willingness to stickhandle and drive the net... made a few passes that were off, but that could just be nerves/systems/unfamiliarity with teammates.

I see no reason why he can't be an important player for us. He could be the best player on a 3rd line or the least skilled player on a top 6 line down the line, much like Wilson.

Reactions: aragorn

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It's a shame what's happening with Abramov.

Meh, he got his millions and is playing hockey in his home country. We have so many first and 2nd round prospects its impossible for me to even name them all without looking them up. Everyone is fine.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
That's fine and dandy, but I had higher expectation for him.

They will forever be a mystery but you have to believe that there are quite a number of players that just missed out on their chance due to Covid. Perhaps he would have had a great camp and had a hot start, etc...

Not sure what is up with him now though, he just doesn't seem able to find a way to produce.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
That's fine and dandy, but I had higher expectation for him.

Hard to believe a guy like that had any realistic shot of being in our top 6. Small and skilled, but isn't particularly spectacular at anything. There's nobody in our top 6 I'd put him over, and he doesn't suit a 3rd/4th line role.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Hard to believe a guy like that had any realistic shot of being in our top 6. Small and skilled, but isn't particularly spectacular at anything. There's nobody in our top 6 I'd put him over, and he doesn't suit a 3rd/4th line role.

Skating. Skating was his issue. Just not fast enough for a small guy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Meh, he got his millions and is playing hockey in his home country. We have so many first and 2nd round prospects its impossible for me to even name them all without looking them up. Everyone is fine.

Yeah, our young talent wealth allows us some misses but to think that Lassi Thomson is the sole remaining option to salvage the Duchene trade is a bit stressful lol

They will forever be a mystery but you have to believe that there are quite a number of players that just missed out on their chance due to Covid. Perhaps he would have had a great camp and had a hot start, etc...

Not sure what is up with him now though, he just doesn't seem able to find a way to produce.

He was so freaking good in the Q, seriously looked like a mini Kucherov. It took him a bit of time to be good in the AHL but finally found his groove in his 2nd season. That being said, he was always a big boom or bust prospect. Not saying he'll be a bust because he still has time on his side but I doubt he'll be a player for the Sens due to very big organizational depth now. Hopefully he ends up finding his groove in the KHL as well so we could maybe get an asset for him down the road.

Many Teams desire is to have more than 2 scoring lines now. Abramov could have been the complimentary skilled guy on a bottom-6 line but like others have said, he's not fast enough. At his size, he'd need to be a speedster. He is also lacking in defensive awareness so not the type of Sens player at all (not enough speed, physicality, defense). He's the anti-Tyler Boucher

If Balcers, Duclair, Logan Brown, Chlapik and Wolanin weren't "Sens types", no chance Abramov was going to be

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yeah, our young talent wealth allows us some misses but to think that Lassi Thomson is the sole remaining option to salvage the Duchene trade is a bit stressful lol

If the org plays everything perfectly in terms of development Lassi can be a good #4 Right shot D for many years for this team not saying thats worth a 4th overall pick but its something.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In the debate between Brannstrom versus Mete some thought they could use both in the lineup & some thought they could only afford to have one in the lineup. Some liked Mete more, some like Brann more, but I thought neither were good solutions because I see the left side being Chabot, Sanderson & Kleven as soon as this coming season.

The same debate could be coming between Thomson & JBD, I'm not sure there is room on this roater for both & in the end only one will eventually take a spot. I like JBD, IMO he is the better defensive D & although Thomson has a great shot from the point, JBD makes better decisions IMO. I also expect that they will draft a defencemen either in the 1st or 2nd rd in this upcoming draft which will make things interesting too. We're probably still a yr away from this debate, but I think it's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad