2020-2021 season. When, how, etc

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
If those are going to be the divisons, I think vegas and Colorado will vye for the crown and Dallas will be the 3rd place team. I can't see us catching those 3. Most of the rest of the divison is bad too. Arizona might have had the worst off season in the league, LA and Anaheim are rebuilding and Minnesota is Minnesota. I could see us challenging for 4th.

Given how bad our diviosn is we could make it, but we would probably be tossed in 5. Can't say I look forward to that. I would much rather try to use this year to retool and get some prospects to help in the future.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If those are going to be the divisons, I think vegas and Colorado will vye for the crown and Dallas will be the 3rd place team. I can't see us catching those 3. Most of the rest of the divison is bad too. Arizona might have had the worst off season in the league, LA and Anaheim are rebuilding and Minnesota is Minnesota. I could see us challenging for 4th.

Given how bad our diviosn is we could make it, but we would probably be tossed in 5. Can't say I look forward to that. I would much rather try to use this year to retool and get some prospects to help in the future.
I dont think the sharks trade any picks or prospects away, but this team isnt going to be a bottom feeder. Its going to be a tweener baring a ton of injuries again. Maybe we pick like 10th-20th imo

Reactions: tiburon12

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I dont think the sharks trade any picks or prospects away, but this team isnt going to be a bottom feeder. Its going to be a tweener baring a ton of injuries again. Maybe we pick like 10th-20th imo

Other then coaching, what is so different from the bottom feeding team last season to this season?

And don't say injuries because the 1st big injury happened in early january when the team was already a bottom feeder.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I agree in general. I have them pegged at 20th-24th placein the league this season so picking around 10th makes sense to me.

The sharks should not be trading their 1sts or 2nds for the next couple of years until they are a playoff contender again. And to be fair I dont think DW will either so we should be able to refill the prospect pipeline this and maybe next year.

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Other then coaching, what is so different from the bottom feeding team last season to this season?

And don't say injuries because the 1st big injury happened in early january when the team was already a bottom feeder.
The team was far improved when the coaching switch happened. Jones numbers improved, the defense was better, the new system was helping. Now they added another 20 goals in Donato, got back PK prowess in Nieto, and grabbed a highly motivated goalie to motivate the goalie they need to improve. This team will be better, its just how much better to be seen.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I think Minnesota would be the team to beat out. Otherwise it should be SJ, ARZ, LA, and ANA duking it out for 1OA.
Think Vegas and Colorado would be playoff locks while pretty much everyone in the next tier will be battling it out for the 3rd spot (Dallas isn't as good as the SCF appearance makes them look to be). Central would grab both of the WC berths assuming they don't beat each other to a pulp.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

If this is how the divisions shake out, I actually feel pretty decent about the sharks challenging for a wildcard spot or even a top 3 spot in our div.

Oh cool, so basically what I thought for the pacific. Sharks should be able to contend for 3rd or 4th then. Minn is taking a huge step back this coming season.

Dude... c'mon man. This is been hashed and rehashed. You can go read all the reasons in the other thread.
Think Vegas and Colorado would be playoff locks while pretty much everyone in the next tier will be battling it out for the 3rd spot (Dallas isn't as good as the SCF appearance makes them look to be). Central would grab both of the WC berths assuming they don't beat each other to a pulp.
I don't agree at all. The central is just as top heavy as the pacific. Blues and Tampa, after that it's a crap shoot and the Sharks are just as good if not better than most of the rest in the central.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
They literally only downgraded this offseason(other than maybe Dubnyk)
Who are we talking about? Sharks or Minn? Please don't say the Sharks. Getting tired of repeating why that's an incorrect analysis of the difference between last years team and this next years. Minn lost Koivu and Steal, their captain and one of their best centers.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Who are we talking about? Sharks or Minn? Please don't say the Sharks. Getting tired of repeating why that's an incorrect analysis of the difference between last years team and this next years.
Minn. They made a ton of deals to lose good players and get either nothing or worse players back. I am with you in that the sharks will be better

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

If this is how the divisions shake out, I actually feel pretty decent about the sharks challenging for a wildcard spot or even a top 3 spot in our div.

Assuming that’s it, and we are paired with Central Division.

PAC: Avalanche, Stars, Knights
CEN: Tampa, Blue Jackets, Penguins
WC: Blues, Predators, Blackhawks, Wild, Panthers, Sharks, Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, Red Wings

That’s my guess anyways. I think we’re in a tier with Panthers, Wild and Coyotes.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Assuming that’s it, and we are paired with Central Division.

PAC: Avalanche, Stars, Knights
CEN: Tampa, Blue Jackets, Penguins
WC: Blues, Predators, Blackhawks, Wild, Panthers, Sharks, Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, Red Wings

That’s my guess anyways. I think we’re in a tier with Panthers, Wild and Coyotes.
the theory right now is no wild card. It will be top 4 in div instead and 1 plays 4 and 2 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad