2020-2021 season. When, how, etc

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Assuming that’s it, and we are paired with Central Division.

PAC: Avalanche, Stars, Knights
CEN: Tampa, Blue Jackets, Penguins
WC: Blues, Predators, Blackhawks, Wild, Panthers, Sharks, Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, Red Wings

That’s my guess anyways. I think we’re in a tier with Panthers, Wild and Coyotes.
Sharks are going to be light years ahead of the Wild and Yotes. Both those teams appear to be tanking hard.

the theory right now is no wild card. It will be top 4 in div instead and 1 plays 4 and 2 3
Sharks would definitely have a shot at 3 or 4 then.

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018
Sharks are going to be light years ahead of the Wild and Yotes. Both those teams appear to be tanking hard.

Sharks would definitely have a shot at 3 or 4 then.

Agreed!!

Although i'm not very optimistic about this coming season. I do think all this time off (recovery/rest) the core players will be better than they have been in some years. Including a refreshed EK65. Couple that with a new coach a lot of haters to prove wrong there's no chance SJ is Wild/Yotes level bad.

I can give DWs master plan a chance here, especially considering the draft went so well for having started by giving away a high 1st.

Needless to say there's lots of high end talent close by (Col/Vagus/Dal). Just gotta get in the playoffs and then anything can happen right ;)

Reactions: Erep and themelkman

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
From lebrun.

Finally we'll have the western division with Anaheim, Arizona, Colorado, Dallas, Los Angeles, St. Louis, San Jose and Vegas

So the favorites are dallas, colorado, blues and vegas. Leaving the sharks on very thin ice even if they meet some of the fantasy season that some fans expect them to have.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
From lebrun.

Finally we'll have the western division with Anaheim, Arizona, Colorado, Dallas, Los Angeles, St. Louis, San Jose and Vegas

So the favorites are dallas, colorado, blues and vegas. Leaving the sharks on very thin ice even if they meet some of the fantasy season that some fans expect them to have.
Honestly, probably best case scenario for us. We could show major improvement (which is what we want) while also getting a guaranteed lottery pick (also something we want). It'll kinda suck in terms of playoff hockey but that was a long shot and we are very unlikely to go far this year.

Reactions: themelkman

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
From lebrun.

Definitely on the outside looking in with that division

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018
5th place makes sense to me. We will see if Doug gets fired for it or not

Hasso seems like he'll be okay with 5th. I think bottoming out would have to be the case to see him fired.

Maybe if there's a combo shit storm. Perhaps EK pops another achilles and the trade starts to look even worse than it does now and Hertl needs two complete knee replacements after both knees spontaneously combust vs Las Vegas and Vlasic literally goes on vacation with his dogs mid season and IG's dog pics on a Mexican beach during another long losing streak.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hasso seems like he'll be okay with 5th. I think bottoming out would have to be the case to see him fired.

Maybe if there's a combo shit storm. Perhaps EK pops another achilles and the trade starts to look even worse than it does now and Hertl needs two complete knee replacements after both knees spontaneously combust vs Las Vegas and Vlasic literally goes on vacation with his dogs mid season and IG's dog pics on a Mexican beach during another long losing streak.

Wait vlasic hasn't done that the last 4 years already? Could of fooled me

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
From lebrun.

This kind of misrepresents how this was proposed. Lebrun was basically throwing stuff at the wall. Right after this he said some people predict Minn and some people predict St Louis going to the pacific. He doesn't know anything at this point. No one does because its being negotiated still.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Probable divisions for this season

Sharks' playoffs odds:

template-im-in-danger-0c6db91aec9c.jpg

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

Double insider trading.

If they could work it 3 ways somehow and have someone retain, wouldn't mind the Sharks getting Pacioretty. Love his blade pattern, been using it for abut 5 years.

Probable divisions for this season

Hope that's wrong. Pacific looks like the toughest division as far as top 4. If the Sharks are actually good it should easily be the toughest division. Division 2 is a joke and the Canadian division is only a little better. I really hope they go back to the old playoff seeding. Sharks could contend for the 7th or 8th spot if it's across 2 divisions. A lot of non playoff teams in Div 2.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
If they could work it 3 ways somehow and have someone retain, wouldn't mind the Sharks getting Pacioretty. Love his blade pattern, been using it for abut 5 years.

Hope that's wrong. Pacific looks like the toughest division as far as top 4. If the Sharks are actually good it should easily be the toughest division. Division 2 is a joke and the Canadian division is only a little better. I really hope they go back to the old playoff seeding. Sharks could contend for the 7th or 8th spot if it's across 2 divisions. A lot of non playoff teams in Div 2.

I’d rather implode like last year and end with a good pick than sneak into the playoffs and lose in 5.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I’d rather implode like last year and end with a good pick than sneak into the playoffs and lose in 5.
If those are the divisions I think any realistic chance of of making it in is gone. Maybe we beat out Minnesota, but Vegas, Colorado, St. Louis, and Dallas? Not unless the injury gods destroy one of their seasosns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad