2020-2021 Roster Thread

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Johansen stinks. Let’s get tomasino in there, I’m sure he can at least score a goal, something Johansen can’t do.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Joey is week to week, I don't even think anyone noticed what the injury was at the time either, but it can't be too good. Hopefully he's back in March and better than ever.
I think Joey has been hurt all year and was attempting to go on. Now they may be attempting rest for healing. Just a thought.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Joey: ..... or it's a concussion. Usually if you don't remember seeing the play that hurt him, it's a head injury from something that looked normal. Week-to-Week feels like concussion. While Joey can be infuriating, we are a much worse team without him. I doubt they bring up Tomasino. He just starting playing at the AHL level. We'll only see him if we drop out of the race and we're ready to go all-in on youth. Would love to be wrong cuz it's fun to watch "the-next-one" provide hope.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
With Richardson and Joey out, it is time for Tomasino.
I think Tomasino would more likely have been a candidate to come in with Kunin out, but they went to Tolvanen instead? And I think the growth we've seen in Tolvanen's game has been worth it. Tomasino is fine where he is. He can play 4 or 5 games for us at the end of the season maybe, after the AHL is done.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
2 assists in 2 games for Tomasino. Any idea on how much ice time he's getting? What line he's playing on?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think Tomasino would more likely have been a candidate to come in with Kunin out, but they went to Tolvanen instead? And I think the growth we've seen in Tolvanen's game has been worth it. Tomasino is fine where he is. He can play 4 or 5 games for us at the end of the season maybe, after the AHL is done.
Tolvanen looks better than Kunin or Haula to me....

Thundr70

Jul 17, 2014
I think the issue with the Preds organization, is they always send their prospects to other league or send them to admirals, I just dont see Polie wanted to have Tomasino come up to play with the Preds, he would rather have players like Tinordi or Trenin like players. So when its time for are good prospect to come up to play, there ready to move on to a different team. I know we all hate Vesey, but he is a prime example, he knew if he sign with the Preds, Polie was going to send him to the Admirals and he wanted to play in the NHL. Polie is stuck in the past when it come to development of prospects, Its just like with Lavy or Trotz they are alright coaches with average players, but with elite players they win. I think if we expect to see are top prospects play more than a few game with team I surely will be surprised, but its not going to happen unless you change management.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldOnGold

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Tolvanen is looking like a much smarter player than I realized. He is also really suprising me with his 2 way game. I see nothing that makes me want to sit him.
His confidence is growing. If tolvanen is scratched at any point going forward, that’s a fireable offense in my opinion. He looks solid.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think the issue with the Preds organization, is they always send their prospects to other league or send them to admirals, I just dont see Polie wanted to have Tomasino come up to play with the Preds, he would rather have players like Tinordi or Trenin like players. So when its time for are good prospect to come up to play, there ready to move on to a different team. I know we all hate Vesey, but he is a prime example, he knew if he sign with the Preds, Polie was going to send him to the Admirals and he wanted to play in the NHL. Polie is stuck in the past when it come tot development of prospects, Its just like with Lavy or Trotz alright coaches with average players, but with elite players they win. I think if we expect to see are top prospects play more than a few game with team I surely will be surprised, but its not going to happen unless you change management.
Actually Poile pretty much guaranteed Vesey a roster spot coming straight in so that wasn't it. Vesey just wanted to play for a big name team in the East. Probably would have been Toronto but I think they were advised not to because his dad worked for the team.

Tomasino is in the AHL by an exemption because of Covid, otherwise he would be with his junior team currently. He would have gotten his handful of games and then sent back unless he played really well under a normal season. He will probably get the same number of games this season but Poile is going to try and let that contract slide another year if he can.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
1G a game since Joey got injured. Not hard to shut down a team when their 2C is one of Jarnkrok, Sissons, or Haula.

Honestly, you can't tell me Tomasino and Tolvanen aren't better than Haula, Kunnin, Cousins, McCarron, Jarnkrok.

Hynes seems to have a real problem with giving young players a good shot at the top 6. Even when Tolvanen gets in the game he’s stuck on the third line where offense goes to die this season

Reactions: triggrman

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Exactly. I don't think a lot of our bottom six (Cousins, Haula, Jarnkrok, etc.) have been world beaters but if you're going to scratch them why do it for McCarron and Malone.
You know, a year from now we won’t know any if these people you’re talking about.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Shit, I don't know who Malone is today and I follow our prospects pretty closely, or so I thought.
Ha, I actually drafted Malone like 7 years ago in the last round of my FHL entry draft. McCarron was on his team in the USNTDP program. But don't worry that was a few years after Hynes had left, so we can't draw that particular connection. Although all roads go through Ann Arbor these days, it seems...

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
With Lavy, offensive players wanted to play here. With Hynes, they absolutely will not. No top free agent would willingly play for him.
You'd think if anybody wanted to play for him it'd be Taylor Hall. We cleared the cap space. Took on an 8-year buyout cap hit to do it too. But Hall still took $8M for 1 year from Buffalo - BUFFALO! - rather than come here and play for Hynes. Hoffman didn't want to come here. The word might be getting around that this is not the best place for your career. :(

All the more reason to stockpile draft picks and make sure our scouting stays on top of things. We're probably gonna need them more than ever before.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I will crap myself laughing if Polie were to trade one of Duchene/Johansen and a fistful of maybes for Malkin. It would be the most 2020 trade ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad