2020-2021 Roster Thread

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I will crap myself laughing if Polie were to trade one of Duchene/Johansen and a fistful of maybes for Malkin. It would be the most 2020 trade ever.
That would be fantastic for us, but Malkin has an NMC so I don't suppose he'd have any reason to be willing to come here even if we could work out trade particulars.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If they get games or they don't, I at least like that they're cycling them up at times to get a little more money in their pockets.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Why in God's name can't we give Carrier a look? The 3rd pair has been a garbage fire the last few games, Fabbro obviously needs some time on the 3rd pair and Tinordi shouldn't ever be a top-four defenseman.

What is there to lose?

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Why in God's name can't we give Carrier a look? The 3rd pair has been a garbage fire the last few games, Fabbro obviously needs some time on the 3rd pair and Tinordi shouldn't ever be a top-four defenseman.

What is there to lose?

Why in the world would we play and evaluate the kids when those positions can be filled by average at best veterans who do absolutely nothing to make the team better now or for the future?

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019

What is there to lose?
Well, Fabbro was most of our offense in recent games. o_O

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Well, Fabbro was most of our offense in recent games. o_O
Fabbro gets the Legwand treatment here. Any mistake he makes gets blasted yet Ellis, Josi and Ekholm make just as many and get passes. Fabbro has had issues with turnovers lately, some his fault, some his partners are also to blame. He got blasted for the 2 on one against Detroit where he went he left his man down low to get the guy coming around the net leaving the other guy uncovered but no one talks about where was his help, why is he having to cover the both? No centers, no partners in camera view, just "dammit Fabbro, why'd you leave your man?"

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro gets the Legwand treatment here. Any mistake he makes gets blasted yet Ellis, Josi and Ekholm make just as many and get passes. Fabbro has had issues with turnovers lately, some his fault, some his partners are also to blame. He got blasted for the 2 on one against Detroit where he went he left his man down low to get the guy coming around the net leaving the other guy uncovered but no one talks about where was his help, why is he having to cover the both? No centers, no partners in camera view, just "dammit Fabbro, why'd you leave your man?"
Nah, I think that is just fan perception on the part of a few posters. Fabbro has made our most glaring awful highlight-reel turnovers this year, kind of like Subban did once upon a time, but at the same time we acknowledge he has been our best all-round D. And then Josi and Ellis we are just used to how awful they are in their own zone. It's implicit and accepted. Some fans are just too sensitive to pick up on all that. Everybody loves Fabbro.

Reactions: originalpredfan

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Benning has been mostly unnoticeable but I don't think we would miss him if we put Carrier in for him.
I think Borowiecki/Benning was a reasonable try if you thought we were going to be a team fighting for a playoff spot, and some extra little edge in experience or physicality might have mattered on the 3rd pair. That's what most of us thought the team would be.

They are a little better than Irwin/Weber.

But if we are going to be totally out of it and not even competitive most nights... I mean, in that case why not try players with some upside? Put in Carrier, bring Davies up at some point and put him in. Sign Farrance next month when his NCAA season is over and put him in. At this point, that's really what we should be focusing on.
:dunno:

Reactions: bdub24

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
In what sense? :huh:
To me it means he’s a developmental coach working with kids and teaching. That’s what he used to be. In the NHL there’s not much teaching to be done. These players have reached the pinnacle of their career; the ultimate. They somehow were skilled enough at something to get here. Up in the NHL it’s about using talent based on skills that got them here. If they have flaws then it’s back to the AHL or juniors to work on their flaw. Supposedly like Tolvanen for example.
If you’re teaching up here, you’re backing up. Reminding, motivating, properly allocating skills but especially setting up a system that properly uses the skills of your particular players is vital. Hyne’s system doesn’t fit his talent available.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

And Rinne severely overplayed the wrap around. He went way beyond the outside post and had no chance of getting back to the center of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->