Vaak Zboril

Rask Halak

CAP: 76 Million (81)
WALK: Chara. Krug. Miller. Nordstrom.
SIGN: Hall 6X8.75
TRADE: Ritchie
EDM: Debrusk Moore +
BOS: Nurse

I like this a lot, Nurse is the guy we could use out there to replace the sandpaper lost by Miller and Quaider. He is a modern version of that type of player as he can skate, handle the puck and play more than half a season healthy.

Inserting young guys that have some size and skill is key to the rebuild, Seny, Frederic, Stud and Lauzon. Give Bjork a year to find his scoring touch. We cannot keep playing the same old guys over and over hoping for a better ending. That core is long in the tooth, let the new one start.

Reactions: Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Really rooting for him on his next team.
I'm sentimental, but if I was the GM this guy wouldn't see a shift for another team until he had a chance to come back and play for the Bruins first. If he fails to stick then so be it, but IMO he has been a major missing ingredient the last couple years. I honestly think a healthy Kevan Miller could have made the St. Louis series into a whole different animal. The odds are obviously stacked against him but this guy is like the family dog and as GM I'd be trying everything in my power to keep him around.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
I'm sentimental, but if I was the GM this guy wouldn't see a shift for another team until he had a chance to come back and play for the Bruins first. If he fails to stick then so be it, but IMO he has been a major missing ingredient the last couple years. I honestly think a healthy Kevan Miller could have made the St. Louis series into a whole different animal. The odds are obviously stacked against him but this guy is like the family dog and as GM I'd be trying everything in my power to keep him around.
You’re extremely sentimental. The guy at this best doesn’t move the needle whatsoever. People in here on Carlos case since the playoffs ended....ya Carlo >> KMiller times a hundred

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You wouldn’t bring him to camp on a PTO?

I would not and here is why: he'd look fine in camp, earn a contract (deserve it I daresay because when he was healthy and at his best he was good) and twenty games into the season blow out his knee again. Not worth it for the Bruins to use cap space and a roster slot on a guy that hasn't played for over year and had two torn apart knees plus various other injuries over the years.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

No issue giving him 1yr 900k

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Id give Killer a PTO and if he looks good bring him back as the 7th D....never know when you might need his toughness in a matchup.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You’re extremely sentimental. The guy at this best doesn’t move the needle whatsoever. People in here on Carlos case since the playoffs ended....ya Carlo >> KMiller times a hundred

But Carlo is a 2/3.

Miller is a 6/7.

Sure Carlo is better.

But for the role of 6th defenseman, playing 12-14 minutes per game. who plays physical, Miller was perfect.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I'd attempt to turn Debrusk + whatever into Nurse/Hanifin
Sign Hall/Hoffman, preferably Hall
Let Studnicka take over as 3C until he falters........if he does, we have options

Marchand-Bergy-Krejci
Hall-Coyle-Pasta
Bjork-Studnicka-Kase
Ritchie-Frederic-Kuraly
Wagner

Hanifin/Nurse-McAvoy
Gryzz-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon
Vaak/Zboril-Clifton

Rask
Halak

Reactions: TobanWest

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Carlo is not 100 times better than Miller! He is a better skater and younger and that's where it stops! Miller is 1000 times more physical than Carlo, has a better shot, handles the puck better and blocks shots better. Miller has injury history and that is his biggest problem.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I think it’s time to move on from Miller. Even if he looks good in the training camp he’s so injury prone it’s not worth having to fill his spot midway through the season.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad