Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Wednesday games

Liiga - JYP Jyväskylä vs HC TPS Turku @ 9:30 AM (Patrik Siikanen)
VHL - SKA-Neva vs Lada Togliatti @ 10 AM (Maxim Denezhkin)

Last edited:

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Sorry if the wrong spot for this. Wondering if anyone could help me with a list for this year's prospects. I'm in a deep keeper league where the only guys not yet drafted are the guys who were yet to be drafted to the NHL or were 3-7th round picks from years back that are starting to show up in the NHL. Also, undrafted free agents...for example I got Pius Suter in like the 6th round last year. I know nothing about this draft. I didn't even know Berniers. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Sorry if the wrong spot for this. Wondering if anyone could help me with a list for this year's prospects. I'm in a deep keeper league where the only guys not yet drafted are the guys who were yet to be drafted to the NHL or were 3-7th round picks from years back that are starting to show up in the NHL. Also, undrafted free agents...for example I got Pius Suter in like the 6th round last year. I know nothing about this draft. I didn't even know Berniers. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
You should go to the Prospects Board. They can give you information on guys who are twelve right now. And I am not even kidding about that.

Reactions: nally

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Aapeli Räsänen second in team scoring with 7 points in 8 games. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we have until next summer to decide on his rights?

Maybe there's a contract waiting if he keeps this up.

Reactions: Giggleplex

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Aapeli Räsänen second in team scoring with 7 points in 8 games. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we have until next summer to decide on his rights?

Maybe there's a contract waiting if he keeps this up.
I could be wrong but believe the deadline for him was August unfortunately.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I could be wrong but believe the deadline for him was August unfortunately.

That's what I thought too, but I read this recently.

Bubbling Under: The 2021 Copper And Blue Top 25 Under 25

• #27: Aapeli Räsänen: A centre from Finland, Räsänen was taken in by the Oilers in the sixth round way back in the 2016 draft. Räsänen scored 23 points last season with Kalpa (Liiga), putting him fifth among forwards, he had spent the three previous years with Boston College (NCAA) The Oilers have one more year before deciding whether or not they want to sign the six-foot right shot forward, else they will end up relinquishing his rights in August of 2022.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
CapFriendly seems to think Rasanen’s rights are still the Oilers, even though he’s been removed from the Oilers website. I was sure they expired this year though.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Räsänen is a curious case. Could see him in a checking role in the NHL, but then again, don't know if he has the wheels - I think he has everything else needed for that role.

I also question whether he'll have a long career in hockey, seems that he is a man of many off-ice interests as well. Although, would be fun having two such civilized hockey players like Hyman and Räsänen in the same team. Maybe they would start a reading group for all the other players.:sarcasm:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Räsänen is a curious case. Could see him in a checking role in the NHL, but then again, don't know if he has the wheels - I think he has everything else needed for that role.

I also question whether he'll have a long career in hockey, seems that he is a man of many off-ice interests as well. Although, would be fun having two such civilized hockey players like Hyman and Räsänen in the same team. Maybe they would start a reading group for all the other players.:sarcasm:

They might have to start some of them with children’s books though, Hyman could always recommend his :D

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I was a big Rasanen fan in his draft year, loved the pick, always thought 4C was the ceiling, but he could be a really solid 4C.

Always showed up big internationally and now he's producing in a pro league. Interesting to note he also has a 63.3% faceoff percentage. Which is tops in the Liiga for players that regularly take draws. He's always been a faceoff ace. Right shot too. Also top five league wide in ice-time for forwards. He's playing a big role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad