News Article: 2020 - 2021 NHL, 56 games, Jan.13th target date.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I know a lot of people want to dismiss this on account of the source, but if this happens it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Jeeze guys the website is referencing information from Wyshynski and Kaplan who are both accredited NHL reporters. That’s not to say a cancellation is inevitable but to hand waive this away as click bate rumour mongering is an inaccurate assessment of the information at hand.

Media literacy is a real problem in the 21st century.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The source is ESPN... MOD or OP, please update.

That said, it was 1 paragraph in a pretty extensive article. And the general tone of the article does not suggest the season being cancelled is a likely outcome.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Irregardless of the source I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I don't normally feel sorry for billionaires but if I owned a sports team I would have no idea what I would do.

One step ahead of the grammar police.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Irregardless of the source I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I don't normally feel sorry for billionaires but if I owned a sports team I would have no idea what I would do.

:laugh: Merriam-Webster just added it to the official "recognized as an actual word" list this year. I literally read this last week. I'm guessing b/c 1/2 the population seem illiterate (not you) & use it, instead of "regardless", the actual correct word.

Grammar Police :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: FMichael

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If I would be a billionaire, I would like the team to play. No matter what if empty seats or not. I like my team to play.

I'd also like to pay them on million scale, if my business is at billion scale.

Al48

Apr 23, 2020
Contracts just get pushed a year if there’s no season right?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

I don't feel sorry for them. Deal with it. If you don't have the stomach for dealing with losses, sell your team at a bargain basement price and still live out life comfortably as a billionaire.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Not that I believe this article. But.

what if like 10 just say no? What happens then? So they lose the team? Isn’t there American laws that force Corporations to work in the best interests of shareholders?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't feel sorry for them. Deal with it. If you don't have the stomach for dealing with losses, sell your team at a bargain basement price and still live out life comfortably as a billionaire.
Agreed.

They can declare bankruptcy for that business, walk away from the related financial obligations, and go on being millionaires. Not quite the same as declaring bankruptcy as a regular person. It's not like they're gonna end up waiting in food lines.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Jeeze guys the website is referencing information from Wyshynski and Kaplan who are both accredited NHL reporters. That’s not to say a cancellation is inevitable but to hand waive this away as click bate rumour mongering is an inaccurate assessment of the information at hand.

Media literacy is a real problem in the 21st century.

It depends. If a site has had a several misleading articles then it is natural to doubt the site even when they come up with one good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad