News Article: 2020 - 2021 NHL, 56 games, Jan.13th target date.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Dobber's Offseason Fantasy Grades 2020: Detroit Red Wings

"Rasmussen was taken ninth overall in 2017. As a hulking 6-6 center, patience is needed. He needs a couple of years more than most players. Doubling his AHL points-per-game average from 0.29 to 0.63 last season was a nice step forward. Pencil him in for maybe a dozen games this season, with a full-time jump as a checking-line center in 2021-22."

I would've guessed a full time NHL spot, but I guess taxi squad/AHL & some NHL per Dobber.

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Taxi squad is nonsense for him. Rasmussen could play those first weeks in NHL (when there's no AHL games yet), then sent to AHL (when there's games) if wanted. Just sitting out would be moronic.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-10_8-20-27.png

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Still a days to get good player via trade . Here is my lines for 2021 season
Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Rayan-Fabbri-Zadina
Brome-Namestnikov-Gagne
Filppula-Glendening-Nielsen
Nemeth -Hronek
DD-Stecher
Staal-Djoos
Taxi: Svechnikov, Mcilrath, Biega, Picked, Erne, Smith

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
"You and your child do not play for the Red Wings" - I get the Draper reference but assuming that's not photoshopped, why is that on the list for the general public?

My guess would be it was made back when Detroit was a dynasty, and it’s just been left there ever since.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
"You and your child do not play for the Red Wings" - I get the Draper reference but assuming that's not photoshopped, why is that on the list for the general public?
To show people that they shouldn't expect their kids to play like pros, that they should just have fun and not be screamed at from the stands.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
My guess would be it was made back when Detroit was a dynasty, and it’s just been left there ever since.

Hahaha... Maybe they're tempted to revise it. "You and your child COULD play for the Red Wings..."

To show people that they shouldn't expect their kids to play like pros, that they should just have fun and not be screamed at from the stands.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking but I didn't want to say it/didn't want to believe it. I imagined tiger parents who take things too far in their own minds. It's been a while since I've been to a kids hockey game.

Reactions: jaster

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Are we assuming Toews has COVID or something else?
I wouldn't assume Covid, nor preclude it either. "Mysterious illness" could be they actually don't even know yet, or they suspect/know but don't wanna go public yet is my guess. Maybe he just wants to take the season off, he's been pouting about the "surprise rebuild" that "blindsided him". Or maybe he hates the quasi-bubble protocols. None of these would surprise me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Are we assuming Toews has COVID or something else?

It sounded like more of depression-like of syndrome.

Think he just takes too much pride about Hawks former stars. Takes it mentally so hard, when the former battle-mates are leaving, and is devasted seeing guys like Saad traded. Seabrook injured, and Crawford leaving the town, even though the guy retired afterwards.

Toews is one of a kind, do or die -type. He probably can't stand Hawks being so shitty because he just knows it too well. He's too smart to make any false believings of the team state. Motivation disappears. He'd probably like to get another challenge again in a winning team, but is a Blackhawk for life in his mind and, just... sucked in a black hole. No positive light on his sight.

Think Hawks should consider trading him to a contender (with 50% retention, as 5M guy he is a total weapon). That would be best for the Toews human being, to get new motivation and spark again.

But he is that do or die- type, and that's maybe his only own flaw. Captain who thinks he has to sink with the ship. Too much pride. Too less common sense.

Maybe one off-year will clear his mind. I hope for that.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
It sounded like more of depression-like of syndrome.

Think he just takes too much pride about Hawks former stars. Takes it mentally so hard, when the former battle-mates are leaving, and is devasted seeing guys like Saad traded. Seabrook injured, and Crawford leaving the town, even though the guy retired afterwards.

Toews is one of a kind, do or die -type. He probably can't stand Hawks being so shitty because he just knows it too well. He's too smart to make any false believings of the team state. Motivation disappears. He'd probably like to get another challenge again in a winning team, but is a Blackhawk for life in his mind and, just... sucked in a black hole. No positive light on his sight.

Think Hawks should consider trading him to a contender (with 50% retention, as 5M guy he is a total weapon). That would be best for the Toews human being, to get new motivation and spark again.

But he is that do or die- type, and that's maybe his only own flaw. Captain who thinks he has to sink with the ship. Too much pride. Too less common sense.

Maybe one off-year will clear his mind. I hope for that.
Yeah...I was thinking some kind of anxiety disorder or depression like. Based on the fatigue symptoms, the possibility for something lyme-related is also not out of the question. Easy to miss and you have to be looking for it to find it, so its easily missed on standard physicals/blood work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad