2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Rask is now the only one left from the golden generation of Finnish NHL goalies. The list could look really bleak in a few years:

Saros
Lankinen
Rask (I'd guess he has 3 years left max)
Korpisalo (needs more consistency or he'll find himself in the KHL)
Koskinen (Edmonton is a terrible fit for him and that may screw his chances with another team, he's also getting old)
Kähkönen (Seattle's number 1 soon enough)
Husso (same boat as Korpisalo)
Raanta (injuries and age, I think he goes back to Europe in a year or two)
Luukkonen (hopefully he's Buffalo's answer in net)
Gibson (probably Europe bound, he's toiled away in the minors long enough)
Vehviläinen (don't think he'll make it)
Kaskisuo (already signed in Europe)
Annunen (tough to say at this point, he's just starting his AHL years)

Worst case scenario we have 4 NHL goalies in 2023 (Saros, Lankinen, Kähkönen and Luukkonen).

Reactions: harv33173

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
WTF are Canes doing? I mean I'm happy whenever they get f***ed over ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harv33173

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Kane has been an issue since entering the league. Has never had to grow up.
Never was a problem in Atlanta: good character and all time great after knocking out Cooke

I feel bad whenever I see this with him: I thought he would be Atlanta’s Barkov or Huberdeau.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Never was a problem in Atlanta: good character and all time great after knocking out Cooke

I feel bad whenever I see this with him: I thought he would be Atlanta’s Barkov or Huberdeau.
I find it hard to believe that he suddenly let loose after arriving in Winnipeg. Maybe nothing was publicized as attention at the time was squarely focused on the relocation. But regardless, he has been a problem child for years.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Really? Hes always seemed like a dbag. I hope he goes to prison honestly. That cocky f***

Reactions: Great8Cam

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I find it hard to believe that he suddenly let loose after arriving in Winnipeg. Maybe nothing was publicized as attention at the time was squarely focused on the relocation. But regardless, he has been a problem child for years.
He was in a city that culturally valued him. Not a surprise that some of the stuff wasn’t a problem…I thjnk Winnipeg and Buffalo were terrible cities culturally and where some of the problems started. Addictions begin as a coping mechanism

Atlanta is a fun city for a young athlete named Evander ;5
Really? Hes always seemed like a dbag. I hope he goes to prison honestly. That cocky f***
Don’t be an asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad