Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is he starting to get some size to him, or is he still extremely small?

Majority of sites still have him listed in the 65-67kg (143-147lb range)
Only one site (dobber prospects) had him listed at 154lbs.

The player profile for his current league (Hockey Allsvenskan) has him at 65kg (143lbs) and he's listed around 5'9 to 5'10.

He's gonna be 22 in January, my hope of him becoming a NHL player have faded big time since last year.
For reference, Malgin was 5'9 but weighed in at 177lbs.
He's got at least 25lbs on Hepo which is crazy to think about.

Marchessault is also 5'9 but weighs 180lbs.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
He still doesn't look nearly big enough.

Majority of sites still have him listed in the 65-67kg (143-147lb range)
Only one site (dobber prospects) had him listed at 154lbs.

The player profile for his current league (Hockey Allsvenskan) has him at 65kg (143lbs) and he's listed around 5'9 to 5'10.

He's gonna be 22 in January, my hope of him becoming a NHL player have faded big time since last year.
For reference, Malgin was 5'9 but weighed in at 177lbs.
He's got at least 25lbs on Hepo which is crazy to think about.

Marchessault is also 5'9 but weighs 180lbs.

You almost have to be an incredible player when you're that small.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Lindmark with two assists, +2, 1st star of the game in a 5-3 win on Saturday. Inamoto also with an assist.
OL is a prospect I’m high on: I don’t expect him to be more than a good 3rd-4th liner but it would be nice to develop our stud 4th line center instead of paying a premium in free agency as we did for MacKenzie and Acciari. Apparently OL is also a good cultural guy from what I’ve heard (and his inclusion on many team USA projections)

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
OL is a prospect I’m high on: I don’t expect him to be more than a good 3rd-4th liner but it would be nice to develop our stud 4th line center instead of paying a premium in free agency as we did for MacKenzie and Acciari. Apparently OL is also a good cultural guy from what I’ve heard (and his inclusion on many team USA projections)

I agree, I think Lindmark is gonna be a good 4th liner, the kind of solid depth that teams like Boston and San Jose regularly cultivate and bring up from their farm systems.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So what's Hutsko going to become? Has anyone seen him play?

I think he has a good shot of becoming a bottom 6 energy type who can chip in some offense. Sort of like Hawk but a little more talented and a little less physical. He seems to have good leadership qualities and a strong work ethic. Basically the kind of forward Zito has been bringing in a lot of lately.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@letsgrowcactus , can't recall but feel you were high on Kinnunen?
If so he had a good game today with 2 assists in a 6-5 SOW and now has 6 assists/points in 13 games for Tappara in Liiga

Also @Boothinator and @GermanPanther , I'm trying to keep an eye on Schutz.
He's currently on loan from DEL team, playing for EC Salzburg in IceHL league, so that is the Austrian league?

He has 3 assists in 7 games going off capfriendly. Any update if/when DEL may start?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
@letsgrowcactus , can't recall but feel you were high on Kinnunen?
If so he had a good game today with 2 assists in a 6-5 SOW and now has 6 assists/points in 13 games for Tappara in Liiga

Also @Boothinator and @GermanPanther , I'm trying to keep an eye on Schutz.
He's currently on loan from DEL team, playing for EC Salzburg in IceHL league, so that is the Austrian league?

He has 3 assists in 7 games going off capfriendly. Any update if/when DEL may start?
About two years ago, yes. Since then, he hasn't really progressed much, so my expectations went way down.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Updates on some our reserve list players

Elliot Ekmark
- C - (2020 7th rounder) currently playing in the J20 Nationell Swedish league has 2 goals and 10 pts in 7 games so far.

Emil Henineman - LW - (2020 2nd rounder) is struggling in SHL with only the one goal in 15 games and looks to have been sent down to the J20 Nationell league, probably to build up his confidence and jump start his offense.

Juho Lammikko - C/LW (2014 3rd rounder) has cooled off big time after a hot start, 6 goals and 8 pts in 20 games in the KHL

Maxim Mamin - LW/RW - (2016 6th rounder) is still having a decent season points wise, 9 goals and 17pts in 26 games. CSKA is very dominant again this year.
Had 10 goals, 28pts in 51 games last year

The other guys haven't started their season yet (NCAA) or only played 2-5 games and not worth updating until they play more games.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Updates on our signed players/prospects

Eetu Luostarinen - C- having a solid start to the year, 5 goals and 13pts in 11 games, +6 for Kalpa in Liiga.
55% win rate in faceoffs, averaging just under 17mins a game.

Really like this guy. Hoping for 3C role down the road but fine if he becomes an inexpensive 4C.

Aleksi Heponiemi - LW - decent start with 4 goals and 12 pts in 13 games, +7 for MODO in Allsvenskan (2nd tier Swedish league)

Rodrigo Abols - C - 5 goals and 8pts in 11 games, +7 for Orebro HK in SHL.

Kolyachonok - D - 1 goal, 3pts in 22 games, +2 for Dinamo Minsk in KHL

Emil Djuse - D - 2 goals, 13pts in 19 games, -6 for Spartak Moskva in KHL

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Updates on some our reserve list players

Elliot Ekmark
- C - (2020 7th rounder) currently playing in the J20 Nationell Swedish league has 2 goals and 10 pts in 7 games so far.

Emil Henineman - LW - (2020 2nd rounder) is struggling in SHL with only the one goal in 15 games and looks to have been sent down to the J20 Nationell league, probably to build up his confidence and jump start his offense.

Juho Lammikko - C/LW (2014 3rd rounder) has cooled off big time after a hot start, 2 goals and 8 pts in 20 games in the KHL

Maxim Mamin - LW/RW - (2016 6th rounder) is still having a decent season points wise, 9 goals and 17pts in 26 games. CSKA is very dominant again this year.
Had 10 goals, 28pts in 51 games last year

The other guys haven't started their season yet (NCAA) or only played 2-5 games and not worth updating until they play more games.

That's good to hear with Heineman, he's not ready for shl. He is still a bit raw, so J20 is better for him right now to hone his game. He has a tantalizing package of tools but it's not quite all put together yet. Plus with him being a gritty bottom 6 type guy they probably weren't giving him much ice time, that's not good for development.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That's good to hear with Heineman, he's not ready for shl. He is still a bit raw, so J20 is better for him right now to hone his game. He has a tantalizing package of tools but it's not quite all put together yet. Plus with him being a gritty bottom 6 type guy they probably weren't giving him much ice time, that's not good for development.

Don't quote me on him being sent down but it would make sense to help him get going. Nothing has been posted but just my gut feeling. Should have worded it better

Last 5 games TOI, most recent at top:

15:47
12:48
11:03
17:11
10:29

Very up and down minutes, no consistency and no points with more TOI/opportunity so just feel it has the signs of possible demotion.

Think he will settle in as a 3rd line NHL guy and most reviews felt we did reach on him in 2nd round but I do like his motor and all around package as a middle 6 winger one day.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Don't quote me on him being sent down but it would make sense to help him get going. Nothing has been posted but just my gut feeling. Should have worded it better

Last 5 games TOI, most recent at top:

15:47
12:48
11:03
17:11
10:29

Very up and down minutes, no consistency and no points with more TOI/opportunity so just feel it has the signs of possible demotion.

Think he will settle in as a 3rd line NHL guy and most reviews felt we did reach on him in 2nd round but I do like his motor and all around package as a middle 6 winger one day.

Ah ok. I've seen some reviews that really love him, most notably Scouching Report who actually likes all our 2020 draft picks, especially Lundell. Scouching goes fairly heavy into analytics too, so it's not just eye test with them. I think it's fair to say he's a relatively safe bet Heineman will have some role at the nhl level one day, and it will likely be 3rd line duty where he'll be expected to finish checks, be a good forechecker, and chip in some points.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ah ok. I've seen some reviews that really love him, most notably Scouching Report who actually likes all our 2020 draft picks, especially Lundell. Scouching goes fairly heavy into analytics too, so it's not just eye test with them. I think it's fair to say he's a relatively safe bet Heineman will have some role at the nhl level one day, and it will likely be 3rd line duty where he'll be expected to finish checks, be a good forechecker, and chip in some points.

Think the worry/hesitation on him was related to his offensive potential in the NHL.
He seems to be a perfect mold for Zito's build, that of a 2 way guy who is full of compete/effort.
Not too worried about him right now but if he continues to stumble offensively next year, some doubt may creep in.
Wouldn't be the first guy to struggle in a pro league as a teenager.

Hopefully he can make the WJC team so we can get a better look at him amongst his peers.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Think the worry/hesitation on him was related to his offensive potential in the NHL.
He seems to be a perfect mold for Zito's build, that of a 2 way guy who is full of compete/effort.
Not too worried about him right now but if he continues to stumble offensively next year, some doubt may creep in.
Wouldn't be the first guy to struggle in a pro league as a teenager.

Hopefully he can make the WJC team so we can get a better look at him amongst his peers.

He's not as safe a pick as some other guys in that range were, but I do like his possible ceiling. Yeah, he should make the wjc team, looking forward to see how he does.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He's not as safe a pick as some other guys in that range were, but I do like his possible ceiling. Yeah, he should make the wjc team, looking forward to see how he does.
Still bad value: I put him below Sourdif and Smilanic in my organizational ranking...

Reactions: stppnmd

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
The Swedish J20 and J18 leagues announced last week that they are suspended until the end of the year, so it's SHL or nothing for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad