Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Think the worry/hesitation on him was related to his offensive potential in the NHL.
He seems to be a perfect mold for Zito's build, that of a 2 way guy who is full of compete/effort.
Not too worried about him right now but if he continues to stumble offensively next year, some doubt may creep in.
Wouldn't be the first guy to struggle in a pro league as a teenager.

Hopefully he can make the WJC team so we can get a better look at him amongst his peers.
It sounds like Zito is all about character guys.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Your sewing skills are legit.

Happy for him, thats a big honor for a teenager in a pro/men's league.
Maybe he'll put up another hatter today?
Eh I’ll gladly give the C to Lundell from Barkov: Barky is Finnished as captain once Mr Intangibles Lundell is on the team

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
But his offence may not be there? :sarcasm:
HIFK slaughtering their opponents recently. Love what Lundell's doing.
On the flip side, they're up 9-1 and Borgstrom doesn't have a single point. It's only his second game after coming back from injury but still...
Finnish people, can we get some analysis for the two guys?

Reactions: RogerRoger

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Tallon got roasted for saying this over and over but I feel more confident with Zitos attitude for some reason. How about you?
I don't. Since the lockout (15 years) only 4 Stanley Cup have been won by "character teams" and all 3 were riding really hot goalies. If our path to success relies solely on Knight, then the next 4 years are a waste. Although, I guess it's worth giving Bob, I mean Driedger, one more year before kicking in the retool.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't. Since the lockout (15 years) only 4 Stanley Cup have been won by "character teams" and all 3 were riding really hot goalies. If our path to success relies solely on Knight, then the next 4 years are a waste. Although, I guess it's worth giving Bob, I mean Driedger, one more year before kicking in the retool.

Well we should have a good blend of skill/grit/character players imo.
We shall see though.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m calling it right now: we’re making the playoffs.

It only makes sense, because this year nothing makes sense.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

You need a. healthy blend of both skill and character to win the Cup. Tampa has been the most skilled team in the league for years, but it wasn't until this past season when they added Coleman, Goodrow, Bogosian, Schenn, and Maroon that they finally got over the hump. We have had good skill for the last few years. . That hasn't been our problem. 7th in GF in 18-19 and tied for 6th in GF in 19-20. We need to inject some serious character and a defensive, hardworking mindset into this lineup if we want to take the next step.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
You need a. healthy blend of both skill and character to win the Cup. Tampa has been the most skilled team in the league for years, but it wasn't until this past season when they added Coleman, Goodrow, Bogosian, Schenn, and Maroon that they finally got over the hump. We have had good skill for the last few years. . That hasn't been our problem. 7th in GF in 18-19 and tied for 6th in GF in 19-20. We need to inject some serious character and a defensive, hardworking mindset into this lineup if we want to take the next step.
Trade, trade, trade, UFA, UFA. Rounding out your team for the playoffs make sense, when you are an already skilled playoff team.
GF is a really bad way of measuring skills, goal differential or xGF% would be much better if you want to look at it with a goal related metric. The Panthers are not a skilled team, it's a one line team with a great PP, a dreadful bottom 6, a dreadful bottom 4, and a dreadful starting goalie. I count about 9 players on the Panthers team that would make it onto Tampa's squad. That's not good enough. That's not being a skilled team and it shows in the standings.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Kind of related question, can we stream Checkers games?

I went to the AHL site a month ago and they charge but hoping to hear through the grapevine, we have some sources around here to get some streams for free.
Not sure what they (AHL) charge a month though, didn't get that far.
If it's something reasonable like $5/month then I may sign up to avoid poor quality streams elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad