Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You could've picked an easier team to learn from, Stadi dialect and Swedish being HIFK's languages. ;)

I agree with the decision to play Borg at LW, he didn't show any improvements as a center.

You guys have book reports/reviews/projects in elementary school?
Your hands must have been crippled writing things out, not sure if you're pre computer days or not. As you know, English is lazy AF but so confusing with so many words that sound the same but spelt differently.

I used to make longer sentences on purpose just to cheat the word count our teachers would have for us. Too bad you guys didn't have a letter count, some of those words are 20 letters long. :laugh:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He not only looks like the coolest guy, but he also looks like he is going to be better than you. That's a good thing for a goalie.

Ya its a reserved confidence, not a cocky in your face type but just smooth operator vibe.
Can't wait to see his FLA gear once he gets here in a couple years.

He is a yapper though, referencing that BC video from last year where he was mic'd up in practice and giving his teammates the lip the whole time

Reactions: Cold Cat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lundell got an assist in a 3-2 loss yesterday, keeping his PPG pace alive and well. 8 goals and 11pts in 11 games. He's slowed down a bit after a couple multi point games, mostly due to @violaswallet not loving him enough. He logged 23 mins of ice time in the game and was a +1.

Borgstrom held off the scoresheet in that 3-2 loss but first game back in 84 years so lets give him a game or two to get going. Played 17:20 in the match.

Kolyachonok without a point again today in a 6-0 win, they needed this W badly. He took 2 penalties, +1 and played 17:49 in the game.

Heponiemi with a sweet steal and saucy dish to his teammate who scored (down below), game is tied at 2 after 40mins.
Good to see him picking up the offense even if its in the 2nd tier Swedish league.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lundell got an assist in a 3-2 loss yesterday, keeping his PPG pace alive and well. 8 goals and 11pts in 11 games. He's slowed down a bit after a couple multi point games, mostly due to @violaswallet not loving him enough. He logged 23 mins of ice time in the game and was a +1.

Borgstrom held off the scoresheet in that 3-2 loss but first game back in 84 years so lets give him a game or two to get going. Played 17:20 in the match.

Kolyachonok without a point again today in a 6-0 win, they needed this W badly. He took 2 penalties, +1 and played 17:49 in the game.

Heponiemi with a sweet steal and saucy dish to his teammate who scored (down below), game is tied at 2 after 40mins.
Good to see him picking up the offense even if its in the 2nd tier Swedish league.

I really like that Lundell is getting all that ice time. Kid is a machine on the ice and carries the biggest responsibilities. Playing first line center is no joke.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

This is so funny, was just gonna reply to you and say maybe their coach would try Lundell and Borg together and try him on the wing.

Maybe in an ideal world they can form some chemistry and become a decent 2nd line combo and one of our better goal scoring RWs completes that line in a couple years?

I wonder if Florida asked HIFK to do this; if so, man we might have great depth in a couple years:

Huby-Barkov-Tippett
Denisenko-Lundell-Borgstrom

Borg might thrive there. Plus prevents competition between the two hurting the team.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Lundell is protesting the rigged performance of the polls...my Lundell to anything else post ratio is above 1 and trending to infinity.

I thought Malkin being left off the top 100 was bad...this is worst

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I wonder if Florida asked HIFK to do this; if so, man we might have great depth in a couple years:

Huby-Barkov-Tippett
Denisenko-Lundell-Borgstrom

Borg might thrive there. Plus prevents competition between the two hurting the team.
Just to be a nitpicker, but OT shoots right, but plays LW. Not sure how Huby and him are going to play together.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Look at the video highlights. He is always on the left side of the ice.

I even believe the video when he was drafted, they talked about how he shoots right, but plays on the wing on the left side.
Interesting...I see what you mean: he often plays left side. I think he often is on the right side on the Power play?

I guess we can flip Deni and Tippett. For some reason I like Tippett-Lundell-Borg less tho

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Interesting...I see what you mean: he often plays left side. I think he often is on the right side on the Power play?

I guess we can flip Deni and Tippett. For some reason I like Tippett-Lundell-Borg less tho

(1:06)

IIRC at least on the power play, Deny plays the right top Circle, just like Hoff. Imagine a power-play where you could have Denny on the right side, and OT on the left side?! I think that would be deadly!

My memory information comes from watching him the past two World Juniors on Team Russia. Captain of the second team. That's also another big advantage for him. I'm assuming he has good leadership qualities.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
IIRC from doing a good amount of game recaps for the Birds last year, Tippett was usually in the top RW spot when lineups were posted.
I quickly rummaged through some of the tweets from December and January, just before his injury and he was playing RW with Hunt (LW) and Borgstrom/Saarela (C) on top line.
I remember Tippett finding some decent chemistry with Saarela for a good chunk of games.

When he went down, Hepo and Borg would play RW with Saarela playing C.
Sometimes Borg and Saarela would switch spots when Hepo was bumped down again.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
IIRC from doing a good amount of game recaps for the Birds last year, Tippett was usually in the top RW spot when lineups were posted.
I quickly rummaged through some of the tweets from December and January, just before his injury and he was playing RW with Hunt (LW) and Borgstrom/Saarela (C) on top line.
I remember Tippett finding some decent chemistry with Saarela for a good chunk of games.

When he went down, Hepo and Borg would play RW with Saarela playing C.
Sometimes Borg and Saarela would switch spots when Hepo was bumped down again.

Interesting...

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Some sites list him primarily as RW and others have him as LW/RW so he can likely play both sides.
And he will line up in the left faceoff dot on the PP as he did for Springfield.

Just wanna see him do his thing whatever side he's on
The more versatile the better :5:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Looks like the Ivy League cancelled their hockey season this year. Won’t affect us (I don’t think we have any prospects there) but could affect other leagues...what do those players do?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Nobody ever mentions Ābols and his 5+3 in 11gp SHL.
It seems a lot of his goals are produced when he's camping in front of the net, which is nice for a big guy like that. Perhaps it's a little hard to get super excited about such a non-flashy forward. Some will be thrilled to know he just served a suspension for elbowing Jack Drury in the head though.

Reactions: KW and violaswallet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad