Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Borgstrom with his 2nd of the game, a really nice PP snipe which may hold up as the GWG with only minutes to go as HIFK go up 4-3

EDIT - it did hold up as GWG, HIFK win 5-3

Clearly Lundell was holding him back:sarcasm:

Really curious what happens with him in July.
Thats 7 goals and 9pts in 16 games now

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Borgstrom with his 2nd of the game, a really nice PP snipe which may hold up as the GWG with only minutes to go as HIFK go up 4-3

EDIT - it did hold up as GWG, HIFK win 5-3

Clearly Lundell was holding him back:sarcasm:

Really curious what happens with him in July.
Thats 7 goals and 9pts in 16 games now

I’m guessing that he’ll be traded: I don’t see a space for him as a center. Converting him to wing doesn’t help much (Hiberdeau and Hornqvist are fixed. Looks like Verh stays. Maybe we don’t re sign Duclair?)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I’m guessing that he’ll be traded: I don’t see a space for him as a center. Converting him to wing doesn’t help much (Hiberdeau and Hornqvist are fixed. Looks like Verh stays. Maybe we don’t re sign Duclair?)
I don't see why there's not a space on the wing - Hornqvist, Verhaege, Duclair won't be here forever, and even with them, it never hurts to have more middle6 options. We could really use more offense on this team.
Though a trade is definitely also an option.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

There's no market Borg. Plus, Lundell most likely ain't ready for 2C action aka 0.6pts/game production right off the bat so Zito will retain every option at his disposal.
I don't mind Duke in the bottom6 but this top6 experiment has to stop, the guy is just too unreliable kinda like Conn and Vatrano are.
Horny's age will show sooner or later and therefore his production will settle down... a lot. Safe bet is to consider Hornqvist as a 3rd liner who can be effective in PP. So Hubs and Verheagy are really the only top6 players in the roster. Maybe Tipp can make a case for 1st line duties so that still leaves the 2C and 2LW/RW spots open for competition.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Our LW depth isn't strong right now, Borg could possibly replace Vatrano in another year, not his style of play but at least some playmaking skill.
Guess we have Hepo as well so between the two of them, one will likely stay and one maybe used as a sweetener in a trade for a top 4 D.

Maybe Lammikko can develop into a good two way 3LW?

Or Deni plays on LW, Smilanic is a couple years away.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Our LW depth isn't strong right now, Borg could possibly replace Vatrano in another year, not his style of play but at least some playmaking skill.
Guess we have Hepo as well so between the two of them, one will likely stay and one maybe used as a sweetener in a trade for a top 4 D.

Maybe Lammikko can develop into a good two way 3LW?

Or Deni plays on LW, Smilanic is a couple years away.
He could be useful for us but I could see him staying in Europe: not sure how appealing it would be to be a tweener next season tbh

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Nice, thanks! How does his team stack up against those teams?
Any idea where Lundell slots into the lineup?
I haven't followed the EHT tournaments in years, because the teams don't really care who wins it at the end of the day. It's just a prequel to the World Championship and all the teams are rotating young players (drafted and still in Europe) and older players on a breakthrough season or on the verge of making the WHC team. Basically it's experience for the kids and WHC tryouts for prime/veteran guys. It's good experience for Lundell playing against men from other European leagues, and should prepare him better for the World Championship, assuming he makes the team.

I would think they'll practice tomorrow, they travelled on Monday to Sweden.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I haven't followed the EHT tournaments in years, because the teams don't really care who wins it at the end of the day. It's just a prequel to the World Championship and all the teams are rotating young players (drafted and still in Europe) and older players on a breakthrough season or on the verge of making the WHC team. Basically it's experience for the kids and WHC tryouts for prime/veteran guys. It's good experience for Lundell playing against men from other European leagues, and should prepare him better for the World Championship, assuming he makes the team.

I would think they'll practice tomorrow, they travelled on Monday to Sweden.
Yeah, those tournaments are not too fun these days. Russia sent their WJC team to their tournament in December, and won it. Ridiculous.

Reactions: SoupyFIN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I feel bad for Hutsko. The only reason he returned for another season is to go for a championship, and BC was looking like they could do it, and then he gets injured.

Somewhat related, do you guys expect Knight to turn pro after the season is over too? Usually leaving a goalie in the NCAA for another year wouldn't be a problem, but I'm also not sure what else he can prove there. And given that Hutsko, Boldy and Newhook are probably gone, the team probably won't be where it was therse last two years. Now might be a good time to make the jump to the AHL, but I also don't know how your goalie situation looks like in the pros.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
CrunchCats come all the way back from down 3-0, tied it at 3 to force OT, but did lose in the extra frame by a 4-3 score.

Heponiemi had two primary assists, one on the 1st goal and one on the game tying 3rd goal.

Stillman had a primary helper on the 2nd goal

Monty back in net, stopped 22/26 in the OTL.

Had this beauty of a save below:

Reactions: Pigge and Cold Cat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
After the Niners season, I can’t handle any more injuries.

-ghoste

I'll skip the year if we lose any key guys, such an important season ahead.
Did you hear Gore wants to come back for one final year, I'd welcome him back as a 3rd string guy for nostalgia reasons.

I feel bad for Hutsko. The only reason he returned for another season is to go for a championship, and BC was looking like they could do it, and then he gets injured.

Somewhat related, do you guys expect Knight to turn pro after the season is over too? Usually leaving a goalie in the NCAA for another year wouldn't be a problem, but I'm also not sure what else he can prove there. And given that Hutsko, Boldy and Newhook are probably gone, the team probably won't be where it was therse last two years. Now might be a good time to make the jump to the AHL, but I also don't know how your goalie situation looks like in the pros.

Would love it if he did stay another year at BC to delay Bob's deal a bit longer but as you said, Knight doesn't really have much left to prove so expect the signing shortly after the NCAA year is over.
He will likely start in AHL but our goalie depth is fairly strong right now.

We have Levi who is going to make his debut in NCAA soon (out since WJC with rib injury)
We have Bednard in ECHL (who will be in AHL next year), tearing it up with his 3rd player of the week award
We have Montembeault (currently in AHL with Syracuse) and he looks to have a shot at a NHL backup role if Driedger isn't back.

Reactions: Ghoste

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
CrunchCats come all the way back from down 3-0, tied it at 3 to force OT, but did lose in the extra frame by a 4-3 score.

Heponiemi had two primary assists, one on the 1st goal and one on the game tying 3rd goal.

Stillman had a primary helper on the 2nd goal

Monty back in net, stopped 22/26 in the OTL.

Had this beauty of a save below:

Maybe Hepo is a legitimate prospect and last year was just a bad equilibrium?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
You can't blame me. I am located in one of the southernmost points of Canada
:sueme:
I have friends from Winnipeg who said they used to drive down to North Dakota to warm up during spring breaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad