Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Replacement value is low and we drafted him above expectation: I’d be fine if he was a third or fourth round pick.

I think Sourdif and Smilianic are better prospects already
Yeah I like them both too. I just think if he turns into a hornqvist type player we did amazing

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Mamin (CSKA) vs Kolyachonok (Dinamo Minsk) went head to head today.
Dinamo takes the big 4-2 win over 1st place CSKA.

Mamin had an assist and a fight, looks like he started it as well since he got a 2 minute roughing then a 5 + 10.

Kolyachonok kept off the scoresheet but that's no biggie.
Really impressed they have turned around their season and heating up now.

Heineman is playing his last game before leaving to WJC camp for Team Sweden. Leksands is currently up 2-0 early in 2nd but no points for Horny Jr yet.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Michael Benning had his season opener last night for Denver in the NCAA. They lost 2-1 to Minnesota-Duluth. He didn't register any points.

A defenseman at 5'8" does not excite me :shakehead

I think he's bigger than 5'8" from watching highlights of him, but in any case, a good pick at his spot. I think in some ways he could be more dynamic than Yandle. I think he has the potential to be a better transition guy than Yandle. He can really move the puck.

I think Heineman is gonna be a good one too. If he turns into the next Hornqvist, then he was a great pick. He looks good in the Leksand highlights I've seen. I think he's gonna have a nice wjc.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He's been on a .ppg pace since the first 2-3 pointless games, no?
Seems he's been doing quite well with Modo; what are the chances he gets called up to the SHL?

6 goals and 14 pts, +5 in 16 games so far.
Ya it seems he has been producing consistently for a while now.
I'd assume he's in the top 6 and getting a fair amount of PP time.
I'm surprised to see 22PIMS in 16 games though, that's 11 minors.

Not sure of his contract details, he's turning 22 in January.
I'll ask around and see if he can be called up to SHL or has to wait and sign a contract with a team next year.
He'll be a late bloomer, 25-26 years old if he makes NHL imo, seems he hasn't gained a pound since draft day.
Maybe he got stronger but 145-150lbs at 5'10 is tiny.
Marchy and Malgin are around same height and outweigh him by 25-35lbs

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Michigan State (Cole Krygier #8) Versus Minnesota just starting. For all you Canadian fans, it's on tsn2.If

Great chance to watch hockey tonight, Spartans at Gophers.

Watching 14:00 min left in the 2nd 2-2 tie so far. Minnesota outshooting Michigan 23 to 13.
Thanks for the information.

Reactions: Cold Cat

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Mike Benning gets an assist on the PP in the first period tonight. If he develops strong chemistry with Brink on the PP Benning is going to put up some solid numbers this year as a freshman D. He already has chemistry with Savoie. I think Benning was the most underrated prospect in the draft.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

I'll ask around and see if he can be called up to SHL or has to wait and sign a contract with a team next year.
He'll be a late bloomer, 25-26 years old if he makes NHL imo, seems he hasn't gained a pound since draft day.

I think his pims were from that game when he elbowed some guy?

At his age and weight, i think he's done as an nhl prospect

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Mike Benning gets an assist on the PP in the first period tonight. If he develops strong chemistry with Brink on the PP Benning is going to put up some solid numbers this year as a freshman D. He already has chemistry with Savoie. I think Benning was the most underrated prospect in the draft.
He seems like a good guy. I've never watched him play, so I want to see how well a 5'8" 178 lbs defenseman is a defensive presence and able to hold his own on the ice.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
On the ice on the PP late in the 3rd and Benning makes a beautiful zone entry and pass for the tying goal.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Cold Cat

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Yeah I think 160 lbs is the absolute minimum; you have plenty of tiny guys at 165-170 lbs nowadays, but that's still quite a bit of mass he'd need to put on.
Still watching him but the expectations are definitely at an all-time low.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Big day on the ice for Panthers NCAA prospects.

At 4:30, Panther defenseman prospects Zach Uens is making his long-anticipated Panther Prospect debut for Merrimack College. They are at Massachusetts University. Uens has become my new favourite prospect. Not only does he share my mother's maiden name, but he wears the family's Lucky Number 7. I get a good feeling about this guy!

At 7, Boston College is at Providence. Spencer Knight and Logan Hutsko should both be on the ice.

At 9:05, Saint Cloud State is at Michael Benning's Denver University.

The only postponement today was UConn's Carter Berger.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Big day on the ice for Panthers NCAA prospects.

At 4:30, Panther defenseman prospects Zach Uens is making his long-anticipated Panther Prospect debut for Merrimack College. They are at Massachusetts University. Uens has become my new favourite prospect. Not only does he share my mother's maiden name, but he wears the family's Lucky Number 7. I get a good feeling about this guy!

At 7, Boston College is at Providence. Spencer Knight and Logan Hutsko should both be on the ice.

At 9:05, Saint Cloud State is at Michael Benning's Denver University.

The only postponement today was UConn's Carter Berger.

Uens is not in the lineup today. Not sure why.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Watched the BC game from half way point when it was already 5-0.
9-0 final and the Eagles keep rolling.
They scored 3 SHG in the game.

Hutsko with a goal and 2 helpers.
He is a worker, fun to watch. Hoping we can sign him or else he can walk the end of this season.

Knight is just so calm and routine.
Back to back shutouts.
Stopped all 36 shots tonight, 17 of them in the 3rd.
His knob to toe stick taps on the posts while standing tall and setting himself the same way everytime there's a break in action. Focused AF. Had some decent saves in the 30mins I saw. Made a real nice sliding leg save very late in the game.

Providence had a decent 3rd, mostly in BCs zone but they were clearly outmatched the first half of the game.
Providence did have 7 PP's but still couldn't get it past Knight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghoste and Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Watched the BC game from half way point when it was already 5-0.
9-0 final and the Eagles keep rolling.
They scored 3 SHG in the game.

Hutsko with a goal and 2 helpers.
He is a worker, fun to watch. Hoping we can sign him or else he can walk the end of this season.

Knight is just so calm and routine.
Back to back shutouts.
Stopped all 32 shots tonight, 13 of them in the 3rd.
His knob to toe stick taps on the posts while standing tall and setting himself the same way everytime there's a break in action. Focused AF. Had some decent saves in the 30mins I saw. Made a real nice sliding leg save very late in the game.

Providence had a decent 3rd, mostly in BCs zone but they were clearly outmatched the first half of the game.
Providence did have 7 PP's but still couldn't get it past Knight.
Hutsko with a goal and six assists now in four games. I would think he would be signed for sure at the end of his season.

Knight sounded solid! Did you see the save near the end of the second? Sprawled across the ice!

Now that being said, that was only Providence second game of the year, and they have yet to score a goal this season. -9 goal differential tonight, yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad