Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Hurry up and post the hatter gif :laugh:
From what ya hear, Lindmark was hid behind a strong depth chart of the US development team.
We've hit on some mid/late round defense, would be nice to start hitting mid round picks on forward.

Schwindt and Lindmark along with Luostarinen has our 3C/4C jobs competitive for years to come.
Curious if Schwindt will crack a couple cuts by Canada? Would be good for his confidence going back for a 4th and final OHL year, if they play this year that is.

I remember when Lindmark was drafted, he was projected to be a 3C possibly. Would be very nice if that pans out. Remember though, Wisco is playing Arizona State today. Not heavy competition

I'd say zero chance Schwindt makes the first cut with Team Canada. They were rumoured to cut 12 to 16 players first cut , and now that quarantine has happened I bet that # is even greater. Team Canada is going to want to get the roster set ASAP, and I imagine they are just going to go mostly with first round picks, or prior Team Canada experience. Not to mention he only played half the first game, missing the next game and half with a upper-body injury.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Both Lindmark and Luostarinen have that edge, that nastiness to their game and by all accounts are hard workers. I think that propels both of them enough to at least get a long look in the future. Schwindt has worked very hard to get to where he is right now too though
He just doesn't have the same bite the other two do though. But he does have a great drive to get better. Smilanic will also have a say in our bottom six center mix in a few years imo. He may be better suited to wing though. He can also play a variety of roles. That versatility may serve him well.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I remember when Lindmark was drafted, he was projected to be a 3C possibly. Would be very nice if that pans out. Remember though, Wisco is playing Arizona State today. Not heavy competition

I'd say zero chance Schwindt makes the first cut with Team Canada. They were rumoured to cut 12 to 16 players first cut , and now that quarantine has happened I bet that # is even greater. Team Canada is going to want to get the roster set ASAP, and I imagine they are just going to go mostly with first round picks, or prior Team Canada experience. Not to mention he only played half the first game, missing the next game and half with a upper-body injury.

Good points. Maybe they carry some extra taxi guys because of possible covid issues? But agree he's likely low on the final list.
Really hope all this focus on development from Zito will pan out.
We know not every FLA drafted prospects will pan out but graduating your own NHL developed talent says a ton about your organization.

We will never attract star level free agents until we consistently win in playoffs, so Zito knows we need to build from within. Just hoping he isnt scared to trade a 1st (unlike Tallon to do so) from 2022 on to help on D. We need a #3 guy while Ekblad and Weegar are here along with Barkov and Huberdeau. We have a good shot to semi go all in the 2022 year, if Barkov is gonna stay.

Confident we have 4 NHL talents with our 1sts from Tippett on. That feels good.
Even Borgstrom can still put it together, maybe as a winger, we need LW depth.
But C should be okay if we can re-sign Barkov, promote Lundell to 2C and fill the bottom 6 with Luostarinen and one of Schwindt, Lindmark or maybe Ang?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I guess we can throw Lammikko in there too. I keep forgetting he's back in the fold.

Even the way Abols is playing the last year in AHL and his resume in the SHL, I'd give him a look as a 4C with his 6'4 frame and gritty and defensive style of play.
Can produce in other pro leagues and still relatively young at 25 years old in January, just needs a chance.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Even the way Abols is playing the last year in AHL and his resume in the SHL, I'd give him a look as a 4C with his 6'4 frame and gritty and defensive style of play.
Can produce in other pro leagues and still relatively young at 25 years old in January, just needs a chance.

Yeah, our center depth is shaping up nicely.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

1. US has way too many forwards with last names starting with B.
  2. Lindmark not being on the roster increases the probability I root for Team Lundell

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Saarela had a primary assist in a 4-0 ass kicking of HIFK today. Lukkos tendie had himself a game, stopping all 33 shots he faced

Lundell, Borgstrom, Kolyachonok, Heineman and Schutz all held off the scoresheets in their games today.

I'd trade Lundell, he's clearly peaked already. Just kidding

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Saarela had a primary assist in a 4-0 ass kicking of HIFK today. Lukkos tendie had himself a game, stopping all 33 shots he faced

Lundell, Borgstrom, Kolyachonok, Heineman and Schutz all held off the scoresheets in their games today.

Do the Panthers still have Repo's rights?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Do the Panthers still have Repo's rights?

Surprisingly no, with him only turning 24 years old this past June.
According to Capfriendly below:
We terminated his contract in December 2019, just a day after placing him on UW.
Too bad, liked his game from what I saw, remember him having some physical grit to him.
Doing okay in Liiga since going there late last year.

repo contract terminated.PNG

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Surprisingly no, with him only turning 24 years old this past June.
According to Capfriendly below:
We terminated his contract in December 2019, just a day after placing him on UW.
Too bad, liked his game from what I saw, remember him having some physical grit to him.
Doing okay in Liiga since going there late last year.

View attachment 377814
Would you say the emergence of Abols has made him expandable? Seems like maybe they play the same kind of game.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would you say the emergence of Abols has made him expandable? Seems like maybe they play the same kind of game.

Don't think Repo played C for Springfield but could be wrong. More remember Abols being a 3/4C with them and Repo on the right side.
Think he's more predominantly a RW.
Last year in Liiga, he only had 61 faceoffs in 28 games, likely some PK time or when the C gets kicked out of dot for infractions.
This year only taking 3 faceoffs in 19 games.

Abols is a C the majority of the time. Think FLA had Sceviour here blocking Repo, were possibly higher on Hawryluk, and then Acciari if used on RW, makes Repo expendable.
RW is actually our strongest depth if Deni and Tippet both play as a RW.
Horny (likely here for the 3 years unless LTIR'd with another concussion) and Connolly (here for at least this year, may be taken by SEA)
Hino can play RW as well
Guys like Noel, Schwindt if converted to wing because C is strong enough, Hutsko and Mamin on his offside if he comes back.

But C could be the strongest if Barkov stays, Lundell becomes a 60ish pt guy and two of Luo, Abols, Ang, Lindmark, Schwindt etc can fill out the bottom 6 roles.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Don't think Repo played C for Springfield but could be wrong. More remember Abols being a 3/4C with them and Repo on the right side.
Think he's more predominantly a RW.
Last year in Liiga, he only had 61 faceoffs in 28 games, likely some PK time or when the C gets kicked out of dot for infractions.
This year only taking 3 faceoffs in 19 games.

Abols is a C the majority of the time. Think FLA had Sceviour here blocking Repo, were possibly higher on Hawryluk, and then Acciari if used on RW, makes Repo expendable.
RW is actually our strongest depth if Deni and Tippet both play as a RW.
Horny (likely here for the 3 years unless LTIR'd with another concussion) and Connolly (here for at least this year, may be taken by SEA)
Hino can play RW as well
Guys like Noel, Schwindt if converted to wing because C is strong enough, Hutsko and Mamin on his offside if he comes back.

But C could be the strongest if Barkov stays, Lundell becomes a 60ish pt guy and two of Luo, Abols, Ang, Lindmark, Schwindt etc can fill out the bottom 6 roles.
My bad, I thought they were both RW.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So the only prospects the Panthers will have going are in the NCAA Big 10? I can't think of much going on right now. :dunno:

All quiet on the Western front sans NCAA but come late December/early January, there will be tons of hockey with Euro leagues, NCAA, WJC, AHL and NHL up and running :crossfing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad