Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
This suspension of play has been really damaging to Kirk's progress. By international standards he was already developing against the odds, getting far less ice time and experience than other Europeans or North Americans. Hence he's a bit of a 'late developer' by comparison and really needed as much OHL hockey as he could get. If the Coyotes go into cost cutting mode, they may not even offer a contract. As a Brit, I hope they do.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Any insight as to what's going on with this guy? I'm starting to get concerned but that's purely based off stat watching. Any progress in his game whatsoever?

I haven't been able to catch any of Hayton other than what he's done at the NHL level. He looked alright at the NHL level and there were 3 games where he played extremely well and deserved to get more minutes vs what he was given. He looks to have the skill, tools necessary to perform well, his skating needs work. He has to get quicker to keep up with the NHL game. We're all hoping his feet catch up to his brain, but I have no idea why he has yet to register a point with Tucson.

I've listened to every game and he's mentioned frequently and praised by Tucson's radio announcer and listening he's hit several posts and made some nice passes that his linemates haven't scored on, but in his D+3 season, but this is putrid production from a player that is supposed to be further along than he is. Granted, most all of us have said that they screwed up his development by having him up last season and not playing and then again this season, not having him start in the AHL, but at some point the player has to take ownership of his production and I believe it's time for him to do that.

Reactions: JohnLennon

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
McCartny from Brandon does all the right things in Brandon. If his skating develops he may eke out a career on a 4th line somewhere.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Daryin hasnt had a look in either his KHL team's playoffs so far or the junior Loko team's playoffs either. The VHL season ended which has also stopped hockey for Savunov.

I hope they can be persuaded to move to the AHL with Maccelli next year because this wasnt a great year for their development despite getting a few games and even making the KHL would be in 4th line roles.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Daryin hasnt had a look in either his KHL team's playoffs so far or the junior Loko team's playoffs either. The VHL season ended which has also stopped hockey for Savunov.

I hope they can be persuaded to move to the AHL with Maccelli next year because this wasnt a great year for their development despite getting a few games and even making the KHL would be in 4th line roles.

Not sure there will be contract room, given that Russian rights are indefinite and there are guys that need to be signed like Callahan, Emberson, and Farinacci. Westerlund is worth a look too. If you aggressively flush guys, there's maybe 5 spots.

Let walk:

Burke
Sucese
Steenbergen
Speers
Mayo

5 contracts

Sign:
Farinacci
Callahan
McCartney
Emberson
Westerlund

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Yeah I'm assuming that the current crop of Jenik, Hayton and Soderstrom will move up to be NHLers which should be 3 more spots. Plus we have 4 open right now and a few tweeners like Gauthier, Fasching, Hunt etc who may choose other opportunities next year.

What makes you think Westerlund is worth a look? Our current desperation for D prospects to come through?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I'm assuming that the current crop of Jenik, Hayton and Soderstrom will move up to be NHLers which should be 3 more spots. Plus we have 4 open right now and a few tweeners like Gauthier, Fasching, Hunt etc who may choose other opportunities next year.

What makes you think Westerlund is worth a look? Our current desperation for D prospects to come through?

jenik vs maccelli, who do you guys like better? nice to have both!

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
jenik vs maccelli, who do you guys like better? nice to have both!
Sure is nice to have both. They are two of the better prospects around the league from outside the first two rounds.

They might both be NHL ready in the fall. Jenik will eventually find a role in the NHL whether he's scoring or not. Maccelli might have a hard time fighting his way onto the roster. We have a small team already and Bill Armstrong wants to get bigger and tougher.

Reactions: neelynugs

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Button has his top 75 nhl prospects out.

our usuals are on the list which wasn't surprising. The rankings are opinion. What really struck me though that PO Joseph was not only on the list but he is high on the list. Im shocked given that in my mind his development curve has gone on for so long i didn't even know if we should consider him a prospect anymore and if he was soon to be a waiver claim or expansion draft player. This is a testament to drafting a player and just letting them develop as long as it takes in the minors. Parking a guy like Hayton in the A for years until he’s fully developed in what he could he may be the best way to play things.

Reactions: sundance74

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Wasn't Button the one that was absolute best buddies with someone in the org and hence got the scoop on all Coyote news before anyone else? He used to noticeably overrate our prospects because of that.

Not surprised to see him drop them all down the list now he's lost his inside source. Broberg has his struggles but remains at #8. Sandin is #14. But Soderstrom falls all the way to #75. Spot the Canadian team prospects. Lol.

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
Do you think Michael Callahan will be sign? He seems to be a good prospect def...They don't have a lot of good prospects with good size and skating at the def!

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
I thought the Coyotes had until Aug 2022 to be sign them. Was there something that stated Callahan and Emberson were done with college?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
No, but it's more difficult to sign a college player after their senior year if they have options.

upload_2021-4-5_4-18-38.png

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Button has his top 75 nhl prospects out.

our usuals are on the list which wasn't surprising. The rankings are opinion. What really struck me though that PO Joseph was not only on the list but he is high on the list. Im shocked given that in my mind his development curve has gone on for so long i didn't even know if we should consider him a prospect anymore and if he was soon to be a waiver claim or expansion draft player. This is a testament to drafting a player and just letting them develop as long as it takes in the minors. Parking a guy like Hayton in the A for years until he’s fully developed in what he could he may be the best way to play things.
If it takes "years" for Hayton to develop him in the minors would be a big disappointment. I guess drafting him at 5OA was a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad