Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I know the level of competition isn’t exactly high but I really hope we sign Kirk to a very small deal to get him to Tucson/rapid city. He can be something someday with the right guidance

Reactions: Mosby

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
I know the level of competition isn’t exactly high but I really hope we sign Kirk to a very small deal to get him to Tucson/rapid city. He can be something someday with the right guidance
If it helps for comparison he's currently outscoring names like Yegor Sharangovich, Dominik Kubalik, Connor Brown, Anton Lundell and Jakub Vrana.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
The goals are nice, especially the last one. But I'm actually more impressed by his all-around game which has improved considerably. Defensively responsible, constantly moving, physically stronger and I think he'll continue to get better if he gets a year in the AHL which is what he really needs. Not sure the Coyotes will give him a contract but I hope so.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Just catching up some Sirius XM NHL prospect radio. They discussed AZ prospects today. I cant believe i almost forgot about Farinacci who had an outstanding world juniors. They chatted about Faranicci, Soderstrom, Emberson, and Jenik.

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Just catching up some Sirius XM NHL prospect radio. They discussed AZ prospects today. I cant believe i almost forgot about Farinacci who had an outstanding world juniors. They chatted about Faranicci, Soderstrom, Emberson, and Jenik.

I'm almost expecting him to pull a Vesy at this point but if he doesn't he is a great bottom 6 prospect!

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Looking for some info on players who debuted last season. What kind of NHL future do these guys have?

Jan Jenik
Lane Pederson
Ivan Prosvetov
Jenik: Currently the organization's top forward prospect. The kid produces offensively, while also playing a hard-nosed style of play. I think if can show he can play the center position consistently his upside is probably an above average 2nd line center....on the wing I would probably say his ceiling could be a serviceable top line winger.

Pederson: 4th liner. He was fine this year. You dont really notice him during the game (for good and bad reasons). Doesn't make too many mistakes, but isnt going to drive the play offensively at all.

Prosvetov: Top goalie prospect in the organization. The team has really high expectations for Prosvetov. Another solid couple years in the AHL while Hill and whomever how the fort down will be good for him. Down the line tho he will be looked at as the franchise's next #1 goalie.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
so anyone has an update on barrett hayton ? His anticipated role next year ?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
so anyone has an update on barrett hayton ? His anticipated role next year ?

New coaching hire has familiarity with him. I'd expect him to make the team out of camp out of necessity. His value in trade is low so I see that as unlikely.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
New coaching hire has familiarity with him. I'd expect him to make the team out of camp out of necessity. His value in trade is low so I see that as unlikely.
yeah, he had an amazing 2019-2020 with the wjc, good production on small AHL stint, but last year just didnt find his footing/broke out. Isn't he by far your best future center if not forward prospect ?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
yeah, he had an amazing 2019-2020 with the wjc, good production on small AHL stint, but last year just didnt find his footing/broke out. Isn't he by far your best future center if not forward prospect ?

Some would argue Jenik is further ahead but he may not be a center at the NHL level.

Reactions: molotce

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
upload_2021-7-25_11-48-29.png

Bantle and Doan playing on the same line together here. Good to finally see numerous Yotes prospects participating in these games again.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Thread locked… Vinny has opened a new one so move the discussion there. This thread will be unsticky’d in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad