Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If it takes "years" for Hayton to develop him in the minors would be a big disappointment. I guess drafting him at 5OA was a big mistake.
Depends on the number. He still goes in top 10 today in a redraft. Nobody i know other than Chayka had Hayton in top 5. This is a legacy defining pick by the previous administration.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Chayka was on crack in the 2019 draft too. Was trading our second to move up two or three spots to draft Soderstrom really necessary? I thought for sure he was moving up because Matt Boldy was still up for grabs.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Maccelli's and Raty's seasons are over now as their teams playoffs have ended. Saarijarvi continues as a third pairing D for Lukko, the top seeds.

Daryin is playing for Loko in the playoffs and interestingly got deployed as a center in one game. Still getting moved around, really hope he finds some stability next season and stays on one team, maybe even the Roadrunners.

Kirk was named to GB's squad for the Worlds where they will be huge underdogs against relative giants like Russia and Sweden. They will try to beat Belarus to stay for a 3rd year. It's been incredibly difficult for British players to get any game time to prepare. Brett Perlini (older brother of Brendan) will be in the GB squad too.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Maccelli's and Raty's seasons are over now as their teams playoffs have ended. Saarijarvi continues as a third pairing D for Lukko, the top seeds.

Daryin is playing for Loko in the playoffs and interestingly got deployed as a center in one game. Still getting moved around, really hope he finds some stability next season and stays on one team, maybe even the Roadrunners.

Kirk was named to GB's squad for the Worlds where they will be huge underdogs against relative giants like Russia and Sweden. They will try to beat Belarus to stay for a 3rd year. It's been incredibly difficult for British players to get any game time to prepare. Brett Perlini (older brother of Brendan) will be in the GB squad too.
Appreciate these recaps from overseas players.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
No worries, I recommend using the Flashscores app to track overseas players.

Filip Barklund (6th rounder in 2020) - I knew after U20's hockey was stopped, he dropped down to the HockeyEttan Vastra division which is pretty low level and dominated there. But I hadnt realised he'd actually been called up to the big team Orebro in the SHL where he's played 19 games and is in the playoffs with them (5 games 1 goal 1 assist). Pretty good progress for an 18 yo and I should be able to catch a game or two on TV.

Reactions: AZhockey1991

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Depends on the number. He still goes in top 10 today in a redraft. Nobody i know other than Chayka had Hayton in top 5. This is a legacy defining pick by the previous administration.
I sure don't see him top ten. Even if you have him top ten I see three or four D I would have taken before Hayton.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chayka was on crack in the 2019 draft too. Was trading our second to move up two or three spots to draft Soderstrom really necessary? I thought for sure he was moving up because Matt Boldy was still up for grabs.
Chayka drafted a forward in a heavy D year, and a D in a heavy forward year. I guess taking crack explains a lot.:)

Reactions: Kaizen

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
Clarification - there's no relegation this year due to the lower divisions not going ahead so GB will also be in the Worlds next year in Finland.

Kirk finishes the EIHL Series with 10+10 from 12 games, good for fourth overall in scoring and second in British players behind series-leading Mike Hammond (6+17). His Steelers finished first and will play fourth-placed Manchester in the semifinal.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
McCartney continues to impress in Brandon. Beautiful assist on first goal.

hayton looked better in Tucson today as well. Hate the 4 line rotation. Hate it.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

hayton looked better in Tucson today as well. Hate the 4 line rotation. Hate it.
At least when it happens in Tucson you don’t have to listen to Tyson Nash drool over the fourth line all game.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

I finally got around to watching a Roadrunners game and thought Hayton was very noticeable out there (in a good way). I wish I was able to watch more of the games to see if his point totals are consistent with his play.

Reactions: slumpy43

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Liam Kirk will be playing for GB against Russia on Saturday in game 1 of the WC's. Absolutely a David vs Goliath matchup.. Adam Keefe, brother of Sheldon is the co-coach of the team and Brett Perlini (brother of Brendan) will be on the team.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
posted this in the roster talk thread but it's probably better served here

If the Yotes are going to climb out of the re-build/re-tool sooner rather than later...these are the types of success stories they have to have. Mid to late round picks need to hit.

Reactions: Jakey53

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Twitter thinks Kirk will go to Sweden next year if he can get a roster spot (rumor is Mora IK) as there's apparently been no contact with the Coyotes.

Still early days in BA's restructure and they have a fair few borderline overseas prospects they need to think about. Bergqvist, Saarijarvi, Daryin, Savunov, Kirk, Barklund, Ekefjard, Raty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->