Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Stats uploaded. Like to take note that our 5th overall pick only has 1 assist in 3 games for Ilves...all those what want to pile on feel free.

Jenik looks like he's not skipped a beat in his return after the injury...and Farinacci seems to be doing well in the USHL.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Stats uploaded. Like to take note that our 5th overall pick only has 1 assist in 3 games for Ilves...all those what want to pile on feel free.

Jenik looks like he's not skipped a beat in his return after the injury...and Farinacci seems to be doing well in the USHL.
Meh... not too worried about Hayton’s lack of point production only 3 games in. A lot of factors there... travel, 14 day quarantine, completely different style of play, new line mates.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Meh... not too worried about Hayton’s lack of point production only 3 games in. A lot of factors there... travel, 14 day quarantine, completely different style of play, new line mates.
Time to stop making excuses for Hayton. High end talent should deliver regardless of where they play. If he was coming back from an injury I could see your point, but he is healthy. Jenik is the one who would have an excuse, not Hayton. Hayton has shown me absolutely nothing in the NHL, but some of that blame is our bone headed HC.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Really quick little update for whoever care, not even going to proof read for spelling or grammar so apologies if it makes no sense
Just watched Maccelli's shifts from his game against the Sport (who were brutal) on the 14th... and that means Hayton as well because they played every shift together
Hayton created the most scoring chances on his line.. was actually very impressed by how well he played, and controlled the puck and probably could have had 3 points (2 for sure) half way through the game if it wasn't for some bad luck. him and Maccelli were both very aware of where there teammates were with an ability to get them the puck. Consistently gained the offensive zone while maintaining puck possession. Hayton also had 8 shots in the game (9 attempted shots), most were top of the circle on the PP where he likes to shoot from but still liked the shot selection, wasn't passing up any other options when he did it.
Maccelli was great as well. Still playing a shifty style when he had the puck, kind of like Garland.. would like to see him be more physical but he's still small and young so hopefully that comes. Love his ability to make tough passes though, he sees passing lanes very well.
Neither had to play a lot of defence because the Sport rarely had offensive zone possession.

Probably watch some more shift videos of there games against better teams soon. if anything pops out ill make a post

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Time to stop making excuses for Hayton. High end talent should deliver regardless of where they play. If he was coming back from an injury I could see your point, but he is healthy. Jenik is the one who would have an excuse, not Hayton. Hayton has shown me absolutely nothing in the NHL, but some of that blame is our bone headed HC.
Nah... if you want to write him off after getting 1 point in 3 games in a preseason tune-up stint in Finland go ahead. I'm not gonna do that.

I view this stint as a way to keep him in playing shape so he is ready to hit the ground running for training camp.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Really quick little update for whoever care, not even going to proof read for spelling or grammar so apologies if it makes no sense
Just watched Maccelli's shifts from his game against the Sport (who were brutal) on the 14th... and that means Hayton as well because they played every shift together
Hayton created the most scoring chances on his line.. was actually very impressed by how well he played, and controlled the puck and probably could have had 3 points (2 for sure) half way through the game if it wasn't for some bad luck. him and Maccelli were both very aware of where there teammates were with an ability to get them the puck. Consistently gained the offensive zone while maintaining puck possession. Hayton also had 8 shots in the game (9 attempted shots), most were top of the circle on the PP where he likes to shoot from but still liked the shot selection, wasn't passing up any other options when he did it.
Maccelli was great as well. Still playing a shifty style when he had the puck, kind of like Garland.. would like to see him be more physical but he's still small and young so hopefully that comes. Love his ability to make tough passes though, he sees passing lanes very well.
Neither had to play a lot of defence because the Sport rarely had offensive zone possession.

Probably watch some more shift videos of there games against better teams soon. if anything pops out ill make a post
Appreciate the info. Please feel free to drop summaries like this whenever you have time.

@Jakey53 ... stat sheet doesnt always tell the whole story.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015

Thanks for the update. can you share the link?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That's good to hear, but proof is in the pudding. He has to put up big numbers playing against non NHL teams. Make no mistake, this is a big year for Hayton. We just need a coach with a half a brain that can put him in a position to succeed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nah... if you want to write him off after getting 1 point in 3 games in a preseason tune-up stint in Finland go ahead. I'm not gonna do that.

I view this stint as a way to keep him in playing shape so he is ready to hit the ground running for training camp.
Really don't care about these three games, rather the games he played in the NHL last year. In Hayton's defense, RT did not help Hayton at all by not playing him, but at the same time his play should make it impossible for RT not to dress him, but that never happened. I'm really pulling for the kid, but he has to start showing something

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Appreciate the info. Please feel free to drop summaries like this whenever you have time.

@Jakey53 ... stat sheet doesnt always tell the whole story.
I agree, but for being picked 5 OA in a draft, you better have a good looking stat sheet. He wasn't picked that high to be a PK'er.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
@Jakey53 I tend to agree that being picked 5OA comes with expectations of performing. Personally, I expect him to be a player in the NHL this year that can hold his own. I do not think that this is the year he is going to breakout and be a 50 point NHL center....but I do want to see him contribute at both ends of the ice and more importantly...not be a liability.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

Hayton with a primary assist here as his shot gets tipped. Game still going on currently.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Jenik scores a game tying goal with 6 seconds left to rescue his team.

This after the last game where he brought them back from 2-4 down to 4-4 with two goals and they went on to win 6-4.

Could this guy get any more clutch? This is supposed to be injury rehab after a year out.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Crottys club, Sparta Sarpsborg, is now in quarantine due to one infected player. I hope there is no connection.

Nobody tell them about how Coyotes-luck looks like.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Updated, the Allsvenken struggling, but not shut down. Teams are playing, just no games for Coyotes prospects for two weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad