2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Might honestly be a blessing in disguise for Farrell to go into the NCAA with that type of confidence.

Reactions: Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Farrell added 2 assists to his goal so far. The game is 7-7 with a few minutes left in the game. Farrell has now 62 pts on the season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Farrell with another assist on the OT winner. He finished the night with 4 pts (1G, 3A).

Edit: USHL doesn't credit Farrell with an assist in the OT winner, but looking at the play, you see him on the boards backhanding a pass to Ufko, who passes it to Doan for the OT winner. So they should add that 3rd assist retroactively.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gordin returned to the line-up for SKA-1946 today. He was on the 4th line. I can't say with 100% certainty, but it seems like he was injured and missed games (his last game was on February 19th), which would explain why he was on the 4th line today.

Despite that, he had an assist in a 4-2 loss.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Norlinder rips a lethal shot off the crossbar.

Have to be encouraged by his play lately.
He seems to me to be, in the offensive zone, more of a goal scoring threat as opposed to a Markov-type-passing threat.

This team really lacks that player that can break down an opposing team’s D with great passing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Norlinder rips a lethal shot off the crossbar.

Have to be encouraged by his play lately.

He was on the ice in OT on this 2-on-1 where Djurgardens scored. But he did what he needed to do. Give the goalie the shooter while covering the pass.

Also, Bexel has been really impressed with Norlinder:

Reactions: Redux91

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He seems to me to be, in the offensive zone, more of a goal scoring threat as opposed to a Markov-type-passing threat.

This team really lacks that player that can break down an opposing team’s D with great passing.

He attacks, he is a shooting threat and has really silky hands. He will create passing lanes, he might not have the playmaking of Markov but he will be a really strong PP weapon with Caufield and Suzuki.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

First time with back to back points this season, 4 pts in the last 5 games and 5 pts in the last 10 since returning from his latest injury. He's now tied for 8th OA in pts for U-21 defensemen in the SHL despite playing between 4-15 less games.

He's still being used as the 5th D again today,

1g, 1 shot, Even, 16:51

Reactions: Sagikev

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Watching how Norlinder scores his goals (because he usually gets more goals than assists), anyone think he could be a successful forward?

OK, flame on! :DD

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Watching how Norlinder scores his goals (because he usually gets more goals than assists), anyone think he could be a successful forward?

OK, flame on! :DD

He could, like most offensive D. However, I think we would lose some utility as he has the best offensive tools of our prospects and we need a guy like him at D.

Reactions: goforit

Chet-Nick

Feb 28, 2005
Ontario

Yes, Ohio St. has struggled this season. Their goalie, Tommy Nappier, is 22 and in his senior year with the Buckeyes.

My point being, Caufield isn't scoring against some raw 17 or 18 year old in (Canadian) junior. Something to be said about NCAA hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad