2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
SKA-1946 have been shut out for 3 games straight.

They lost 2-0 on Sunday.
They lost 2-0 on Monday.
They lost 1-0 today.

And the game before these three, they lost 4-3, and Gordin didn't get on the board. So it's been 4 games straight he hasn't put up any points.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
wow what a goal from Caufield, total bullet of a shot. His 18th and he added an assist, so up to 35 pts, in 23 games. He had 36 in 36 last year.

Gorniak also played well.

Caufield and Farrell have matched their previous season totals in 2/3 as many games. The kind of progression you like to see.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gorniak also had an assist yesterday.

Farrell also had an assist after going two games without any points. He has 56 pts (18G, 38A) in 30 GP.

Dobes made 31 saves on 35 shots in a 5-4 win for an .886 SV%. In the last 8 games, he's had a SV% below .900 5 times. On the season, he has a 2.28 GAA and a .915 SV%.

No points for Pitclick in a 4-1 win for Tri-City. And no points for Smith in a 6-2 loss for Sioux Falls.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good news, Ikonen is back in the line-up for Ilves, playing 3C, with the other J. Ikonen:

_ZlQpFI1

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Struble's game from last night, didn't watch the whole game, was going to make a highlight vid but there really was nothing to put into the vid. He didn't do much, was a -2 but one goal against he wasn't at fault at all, the other he was out of position but I thought just having a clip of that wasn't worth it.

about to watch Tuch's game now, will post a clip of his game and CC's game which starts an hour later so I will have both up, just not sure when, likely around the time the Habs game starts.

My man Dobes has let in 8 goals in the last 2 games, before that he only let in more then 3 goals in a game twice all season. He leads the USHL in minutes played at 1552, so here's the leaders,

Dobes - 1552
Boynton - 1435
Ouellette- 1390
Glockner -1142

wonder if that heavy work load is getting to him. I haven't seen much of him since early in the season when I had a sub for hockey.tv (it's expensive) all on the list expect Dobes are 20 year olds as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LOOOOOOK TUCH! Tying and winning goals for BU today

And the story continues!

10 pts (6G, 4A) in 11 GP.

Edit: It's not Tuch who tied it. It was Kaufman who scored it. So Tuch only scored the OT winner.

Here is the tying goal, scored by #21:

And here is Tuch's OT winner:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagikev

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If you watch and see the first few seconds in after the goal against (Tuch wasn't at fault but just thought I would show it so posters know), the next clip is of him checking someone into the boards, he got 2 mins for roughing for that, it was so weak of a call I wanted others to see it. Not his best game, and i think there was issues with the ice as he and others were on their ass several times, the announcers said they thought the ice could be bad.

But he gets his 5th, has 9 pts in 11 games this year, lots to be happy about with his play so far.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
watched Struble's game from last night, didn't watch the whole game, was going to make a highlight vid but there really was nothing to put into the vid. He didn't do much, was a -2 but one goal against he wasn't at fault at all, the other he was out of position but I thought just having a clip of that wasn't worth it.

about to watch Tuch's game now, will post a clip of his game and CC's game which starts an hour later so I will have both up, just not sure when, likely around the time the Habs game starts.

My man Dobes has let in 8 goals in the last 2 games, before that he only let in more then 3 goals in a game twice all season. He leads the USHL in minutes played at 1552, so here's the leaders,

Dobes - 1552
Boynton - 1435
Ouellette- 1390
Glockner -1142

wonder if that heavy work load is getting to him. I haven't seen much of him since early in the season when I had a sub for hockey.tv (it's expensive) all on the list expect Dobes are 20 year olds as well.

He also leads the USHL in SV%, but not in GAA which I interpret as him having a harder job than the #2 who is 0.003 behind in sv% but 0.24 ahead in GAA.

He's already close (28 games so far) to his career high in recorded games played in a year which was 35 last year between the NAHL, USHL and WJAC-U19.

Currently, only 4 goalies played more than 20 games and 11 more than 15 games.

He played all but 3 of his team games so far and all 3 goalies that played when he was not have terrible stats.

Will be very interesting to see how he does at the NCAA level.

Our goalie stable hasn't looked that good since Price and Halak were prospects.

Primeau looks good at the AHL level, McNiven has shown some nice flashes, Dichow has been good in the 5 Denmark games he played this year, Dobes is leading the USHL and on top of that we have Demchenko who has yet to play a game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If you listen at about the 50 second mark, the announcers talk about how the Wisconsin players weren't on the list to vote for the Hobey Baker award and how after it was fixed that Caufield went to the top of the voting but that the leafs fans were voting for another player. I thought it was funny so I recorded it.

Reactions: Sagikev and Gravity

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
And the story continues!

10 pts (6G, 4A) in 11 GP.

Edit: It's not Tuch who tied it. It was Kaufman who scored it. So Tuch only scored the OT winner.

Here is the tying goal, scored by #21:

And here is Tuch's OT winner:

College Hockey Scoreboard had Tuch with 2 goals in the game, but obviously they're wrong. Still he led the team with 6 SOG, which is a good sign. Caufield was +4 in a game they lost in shootout, another good sign.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
College Hockey Scoreboard had Tuch with 2 goals in the game, but obviously they're wrong. Still he led the team with 6 SOG, which is a good sign. Caufield was +4 in a game they lost in shootout, another good sign.

it was #21 that scored the goal that they credited to Tuch, must have mistaken it for #11 but he was just on the previous shift.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
it was #21 that scored the goal that they credited to Tuch, must have mistaken it for #11 but he was just on the previous shift.
Ya, I see they changed it now, and took away a SOG as well. But last year's U18 players are dominating as NCAA freshmen around the league. I think that group was underrated at the draft due to the defensive style they were coached in. But the experience should benefit them as pros.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I know, I checked there, too. But after I saw BU's tweets of the goals, I realized that it wasn't Tuch with the tying goal. So it was an error from CHN.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

If you watch and see the first few seconds in after the goal against (Tuch wasn't at fault but just thought I would show it so posters know), the next clip is of him checking someone into the boards, he got 2 mins for roughing for that, it was so weak of a call I wanted others to see it. Not his best game, and i think there was issues with the ice as he and others were on their ass several times, the announcers said they thought the ice could be bad.

But he gets his 5th, has 9 pts in 11 games this year, lots to be happy about with his play so far.

He's playing real physical, always looking to initiate contact and separate guys from the puck. You have to love his aggressiveness.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Video was deleted by youtube, sucks... Was it because of music?

yeah from what I hear it's really just algorithms hunting titles and maybe descriptions for certain words.

after almost 12 hours they finally got back to me and reversed their decision to remove it for a 2nd time. Guess I will have to be more careful about the words I use. Sucks cause he scored such a good goal, now it might not get too many hits.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
This used to be my favorite thread and ive completely forgotten about it lol, been such a weird year
No Worries, Montreal always keeps it going. I check in about once a week. Harris is starting to look interesting. Tuch? A nice dice roll. Norlinder I have no f***ing idea. Could be a star or a dud. What is your take on Norlinder at this point Montreal? Can he play real pro hockey?

Jack Smith is back in the line-up for Sioux Falls tonight.
And Jack Black has another movie coming up. Sorry. Stupid post. Just like the name Jack.

well it's mainly just me post vids of NCAA games and whenever Norlinder does something.

feel free to check out the 300 or so vids i've posted in the past few months, and hit that subscribe button if don't mind!

https://www.youtube.com/user/harryhood1919/videos
I am on it. Keep it going.

Intelligent play. Passed against the grain.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No Worries, Montreal always keeps it going. I check in about once a week. Harris is starting to look interesting. Tuch? A nice dice roll. Norlinder I have no f***ing idea. Could be a star or a dud. What is your take on Norlinder at this point Montreal? Can he play real pro hockey?

Harris has always been interesting, you just don't see many just turned 18 year olds playing on the top pair at a top 20 program for a non top 20 or even top 50 draft pick. But to do that and play such a solid defensive game while being undersized was very impressive. I watch a ton of college hockey over the last 20 years and that really impressed me although I had wondered if I overrated it due to just how good his goalie was. As impressed as I was with Harris, Primeau's 18 and 19 age seasons were among the best I ever saw.

But last year we saw a nice improvement/progression in Harris's offensive game, to the point where he was among the top U-20 D's in the NCAA. This year he's taken another leap forward offensively to the point where he's one of the top blueliners in the NCAA. (I'd say best in the Hockey East for sure but David Farrance, when he plays is better)

It's going to be very interesting to see what Harris turns into, no doubt in my mind he plays in the NHL at some point. Needs to add mass and get stronger but those high IQ players are tough to bet against. His elite skating/mobility and poise really help as well.

Tuch has been a nice surprise, another year at BU in what hopefully ends up being a normal year so he can get the full experience/amount of games. Plays for Team USA at the WJC's, then we'll see how it goes as he has NHL size, strength, his skating/speed are fine. He's physical and seems to enjoy getting his nose dirty as he goes to the net hard and isn't easy to move despite being 18 in a league where the average age is 21.5

Not sure how much offensive upside he has as it's so early in his development, best to just see how next year goes and go from there but at this point at worst you should have a 4th liner down the road. As if you think McCarron but without the skating issues, he's not as nasty but plays much smarter then big Mike did at that age.

Norlinder will easily be an NHLer, I would be shocked if he's not, just has too many tools. That said I expected a much better season from him and if he doesn't make it my guess would be due to injuries as he had 2 last year that cost him a chunk and 3 minor ones this year which cost him his spot in the top 3 so since he's been back he's been more a 5th or 6th.

His team seems to be in a bit of a slump, losing their last 4 games by a score of 12-4 and the last 2 games by a 6-0 combined score.

If you look at U-21 defensemen in the SHL, despite missing a chunk of games, he's tied for 6th oa in goals, 2 more and he would be 3rd. His pts put him 10th OA and his ppg 9th OA but 2 more and he would be 3rd. So while he's not had the season I had hoped, I still think he's shown enough that he will turn into an NHLer. I assume he's back in the SHL for one more year and then in the NHL but we'll see how next year goes. I thought Brook would take a big leap forward this year and it's still very early but so far I don't see it so maybe we won't see it with Norlinder.

Another one to look out for is Struble, like Norlinder you get a little concerned over these injuries but he's got the physical tools to be an NHLer, strength, speed, skating, and he's got that compact Subban frame. He's physical and has some solid offensive skills. Another year in the NCAA where he can be a top pairing D to see how he handles it would be best imo and then we'll see how that goes. He's much more raw that Harris, who just gets it, but he's got more offensive skill and strength so there could be something special there or he could be just a decent bottom pairing D or nothing as he's still a wild card to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad