2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Frolunda wins 4-2. Norlinder had a solid game, they moved him to LD on the PP, I didn't notice if they did that earlier on as I know he was on the ice while one penalty was called so he didn't get any PP time because they then scored (which I thought it wouldn't be allowed as he redirected it with his skate)

here's his totals,

1 assist, 3 shots, 2 pims, Even, 15:56 TOI

that's his lowest TOI of the season and the first in 4 games that it went down but he didn't seem to play as much in the 1st but played more in the 3rd.

here's a pass he makes after some moves to create a good scoring chance,

Reactions: Acadien86

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Game report for Olofsson and Norlinder 01-10-2020.
Olofsson et les siens ont le dessus sur Norlinder dans une victoire de Skelleftea | Rapport de match

Norlinder got the highest TOI among defenseman on his team. Man, he will be really good at the end of the year. Great coaches right there.

Norlinder seems really good at holding the blue line when the other team is getting out of their zone. It can be a really efficient play when our 3rd FWD is already back checking and in good position. Everytime I saw him doing it, the 3rd guy was indeed in a good position. I really love that play, if it works it opens up the ice for a chance in the offensive zone. If it doesn’t, fellow dman and fwd back checking takes the 1-2FWD. All Norlinder has to do is to take their 3FWD.

If it keeps working, I hope Julien practice it. Romanov would be deadly in this kind of system, opens up the option for an open ice hit.

Last edited:

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Norlinder seems really good at
holding the blue line when the other team is getting out of their zone. It can be a really efficient play when the 3rd FWD is already back checking and in good position. Everytime I saw him doing it, the 3rd guy was indeed in a good position. I really love that play because of it works, it opens up the ice for a chance in the offensive zone. If it doesn’t, fellow dman and fwd back checking takes the 1-2FWD. All Norlinder has to do is to take their 3FWD.

If it keeps working, I hope Julien practice it. Romanov would be deadly in this kind of system, opens up the option for an open ice hit.
You are so right with this. All the little things he does really impress me

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ylonen in action at 11:30.

Interestingly, he is listed as 2LW in this graphic. I don't know if he's also played the left side. Personally, every time I've seen him, he was always at RW.

Reactions: kevsavard95

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watching Norlinder, after 1 period nothing much happened as it's been a tight checking game 0-0 so far.

Norlinder was in on the opening goal, he barely touched the puck but if they gave out a 3rd assist he would get one. It's 1-0 after 2, boring game with very little going on.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Norlinder's team won 3-0, not much to say as he was solid, no mistakes but not much happened in the game. Here's his totals,

0 pts, 1 shot, +1, 18:50

that's his 2nd highest TOI of the season.

on a side note I have been impressed with the Canes prospect Jesper Sellgren, very nice pick in the 6th round.

here's Norlinder's shot on goal,

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After playing on the 4th line last game and scoring his first goal of the season, Olofsson is now at 3LW. He's playing at 9:15AM.

Ej9rqz0XsAAGarC

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I had hoped to watch Gordin today but he didn't dress for his VHL team, so don't know if he was moved up or down or just didn't dress.

I watched Olofsson, not much to see. His team did win 3-1, and he was used on the PP, they put him at RW there and LW 5 on 5. Here's his totals,

0 pts/shots/hits/pims, Even, 12:43

the good news is that TOI is only :17 away from a season high and 2 of the last 3 games he's now been close to 13 mins. So far in 6 games though just the 1 pt.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I had hoped to watch Gordin today but he didn't dress for his VHL team, so don't know if he was moved up or down or just didn't dress.

I watched Olofsson, not much to see. His team did win 3-1, and he was used on the PP, they put him at RW there and LW 5 on 5. Here's his totals,

0 pts/shots/hits/pims, Even, 12:43

the good news is that TOI is only :17 away from a season high and 2 of the last 3 games he's now been close to 13 mins. So far in 6 games though just the 1 pt.
''Not much to see but good TOI '' is pretty much the best we can hope for in Olofsson's case. I really wish there was an added dimension to his game but it seems like I'll still be waiting for it by the time he's retired .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad