2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good stick there by Olofsson to break up the cycle Frolunda had going. Ever since they got a PP a few minutes ago, Frolunda has been applying the pressure in the Skelleftea zone.

Norlinder with a really good look there, but the goalie made the save.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Performance offensive à l’opposé pour Ylonen et Olofsson | Rapport de match des deux espoirs du Canadien de Montréal

Not much to tell about Olofsson in his last game on september 26th, but still showed us he his willing to use his body to protect the puck. Just above 8m of TOI. Sad.

He's not the guy who will dazzle you or light the world on fire. But he has qualities that I think could make him a full-time NHL'er down the road, even if it would be for a bottom-6 role.

He can skate. His zone entries are one of his qualities, too. He's also a very responsible player. And this year, he looks like he's gotten bigger.

I've liked what I've seen from him so far today.

Reactions: Calgary Blazer

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Seems like Frolunda is having problems scoring so far this season. Only 6 goals in 3 games.....Why does that sound familiar...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
3-1 final, Frolunda didn't look so hot. Norlinder wasn't bad but just didn't do too much. Plus either the ice was bad or his skates needed to be sharpen as he fell down twice. Olofsson didn't stand out too much, made a good defensive play but nothing much from him. On one shift though he was held and later tripped and neither were called.

The one good thing I liked was at the end there between the PP and when they pulled their goalie down 2 goals, Norlinder was double shifted. Not bad for a rookie in his 3rd game and while very early in the season it was a season high and in each game his TOI has gone up a little.

Here's what they did,

Norlinder - 0 pts, 2 shots, 2 hits, Even, 19:21
Oloffson -0 pts, 0 shots, 1 hit, 2 pims, Even, 10:16

Reactions: Acadien86

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Liiga regular season started yesterday. Today, both Leskinen is in action with KalPa and Ylonen with Pelicans.

Leskinen as 1RD vs. Jukurit

Ylonen as 2RW vs. Vaasan Sport

Both games are at 11:30 AM ET

Also in action today at noon is Verbeek with Banska Bystrica of the Slovak Extraliga.

Also, Alssvenskan starts their regular season today, as well. Vejdemo and Sodertalje are in action at 1PM ET vs. Vasby.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Didn't get to see Ylonen, hopefully tomorrow's game can be seen. Here's how they did, no Leskinen today perhaps he's injured,

Ylonen - 0 pts, 4 pims, 5 shots, Even, 16:40 TOI
Vejdemo - 1 a, 4 shots, +1, 11 out of 14 on draws

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Didn't see the whole game but watched Olofsson, he had a better game then last and was rewarded with a little bit of PP time which led to a season high TOI. His team lost 3-2 after giving up a goal with a 1 min left in the 3rd and just after his team had a long 5 on 3 PP. His totals,

0 pts, 1 shot, 1 hit, +1, 12:59

Won't be able to see Ylonen's 2nd game, not sure what's happening as the preseason games where there but no regular season streams can be found. That sucks, also having trouble the past 2 days with the liiga site.

Norlinder's game starts at noon so I'll be watching and i'll post some clips at some point today.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Don't know if this was posted anywhere, but they have 3 Canadiens prospects in their Top 25. It was free yesterday, but not anymore today..that's weird.

Ranking the NHL’s Best Prospects, Skaters 25-1

Cole Caufield- 2nd
Alexander Romanov-10th
Mattias Norlinder-16th

Nice to see Norlinder get some love.

Caufield 2nd? Wow. I guess the word's out on Norlinder.

Was the guy who wrote this a Hab fan? I know our prospect pool is actually pretty good but these rankings seem a bit high.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Nice. Points generated from strong D play? That's a Romanov thing! Nice to see our slick, skilled kid show that kind of thing as well. Don't know the guy he bumped into the boards but Norlinder doesn't seem too weak for a smallish young D in a man's league. Great sign.

Good early start of the season for him. The big worry was how will he translate to the SHL. So far so good.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Didn't see the whole game but watched Olofsson, he had a better game then last and was rewarded with a little bit of PP time which led to a season high TOI. His team lost 3-2 after giving up a goal with a 1 min left in the 3rd and just after his team had a long 5 on 3 PP. His totals,

0 pts, 1 shot, 1 hit, +1, 12:59

Won't be able to see Ylonen's 2nd game, not sure what's happening as the preseason games where there but no regular season streams can be found. That sucks, also having trouble the past 2 days with the liiga site.

Norlinder's game starts at noon so I'll be watching and i'll post some clips at some point today.

Did Ylonen's game already happen? It said it was on at 10am on habs prospects but it also doesn't seem to show that it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad