2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Some sad news as one of Jack Smith's teammates was killed last night in a car crash, Mack Motzko, who's dad used to be Poheling's coach at SCSU and is slated to be Pitlick's coach at Minnesota next season. They were teammates at both the HS and USHL level, so this is going to be tough for Jack, I'm sure Ryan knew him I would think.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Can't find any gifs of it like the other game but back on July 23rd against Switzerland U20.. Mysak scored and had an assist.

In the 4 games he played he had 4 goals and 3 assists. Near 2 PPG.
This is probably what it's going to look like all season if he goes back to the OHL . I would expect a massive year offensively against his own age group.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is probably what it's going to look like all season if he goes back to the OHL . I would expect a massive year offensively against his own age group.

I had a first round grade on him and I'm not surprised he's found success at the WJC and AHL level already.

Think there's a great chance he's a 20-30-50 guy in his prime with great defense.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like I'll most probably sign up to the CHL leagues streaming service with all the prospects that will play there this year.

QMJHL:
Kidney
Trudeau
Roy
Simoneau (if he does back for his overage year)

OHL:
Mysak
Mailloux
Vrbetik
Sobolev

WHL:
Guhle

Reactions: Sagikev

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I wish the CHL would offer an all-in-one package for all 3 league’s at a reasonable price. Say $100-$150 for all 3. That would be damn good value and I think a lot of people would take advantage of that and it would help drive overall sales. Could be a good idea to help market the CHL. And they could really use as much of a cash flow as possible right now I’d imagine..

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Looks like I'll most probably sign up to the CHL leagues streaming service with all the prospects that will play there this year.

QMJHL:
Kidney
Trudeau
Roy

OHL:
Mysak
Mailloux
Vrbetik
Sobolev

WHL:
Guhle

Moved to Sherbrooke this year. I have already circled the Charlottetown and Bathurst games this year!

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I had a first round grade on him and I'm not surprised he's found success at the WJC and AHL level already.

Think there's a great chance he's a 20-30-50 guy in his prime with great defense.

What makes you sure about that? Just curious.

I doubt that Mysak’s offence will translate to the NHL. I see Lehkonen kind of impact…?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What makes you sure about that? Just curious.

I doubt that Mysak’s offence will translate to the NHL. I see Lehkonen kind of impact…?

His approach to the game, his skill-set and what we have seen already. He was able to play a mature game in the AHL level and get a couple of goals in his D+1 season.

Nothing is sure until it's sure, obviously, but there's been plenty of great things from him already and so far it looks like he's improved his skating a bit more and his shot has gotten even better over the summer.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I wish the CHL would offer an all-in-one package for all 3 league’s at a reasonable price. Say $100-$150 for all 3. That would be damn good value and I think a lot of people would take advantage of that and it would help drive overall sales. Could be a good idea to help market the CHL. And they could really use as much of a cash flow as possible right now I’d imagine..

This x a million. I'm exactly who they're targeting and even I find the cost of their packages ludicrous. I've talked to so many junior ticket holders who would buy it if it was reasonable. And they'd make so much more money on subs if they kept it reasonable.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
This x a million. I'm exactly who they're targeting and even I find the cost of their packages ludicrous. I've talked to so many junior ticket holders who would buy it if it was reasonable. And they'd make so much more money on subs if they kept it reasonable.

Well, the AHL FINALLY made their package affordable. I believe it’s $99 per year now if I’m remembering correctly. It used to be more expensive than NHL Centre Ice for crying out loud. And this was back when the streams looked like we were watching in 2004. :laugh:

Hopefully the Canadian Juniors follow suit.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

QMJHL:
Kidney
Trudeau
Roy

OHL:
Mysak
Mailloux
Vrbetik
Sobolev

WHL:
Guhle

looks like it will indeed be 9 CHL prospects this year. I know they had a new service last year, they had issues with their streams early on, so I never bought, forget what the prices are but i don't think they have a package for all the leagues. In the WHL at least you have only 1 team so it would be cheaper. Keep in TSN is going to have CHL games this year so hopefully they put out a schedule before the season so we can see what kind of games we would be getting out of the 9 teams in the 3 leagues.

If I were to buy a league pass it would likely be for the OHL but not sure if I will or not as it depends on cost after I pay for AHL.tv and look at what the NCAA will cost me.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

QMJHL:
Kidney
Trudeau
Roy

OHL:
Mysak
Mailloux
Vrbetik
Sobolev

WHL:
Guhle

Goes anybody know if the Supersport packs from Shaw and Rogers cover all the games of the 3 CHL leagues? I didn't pay attention to them before but have them from my "provider" so hopefully they do.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Goes anybody know if the Supersport packs from Shaw and Rogers cover all the games of the 3 CHL leagues? I didn't pay attention to them before but have them from my "provider" so hopefully they do.

Not with mine (Rogers). It was regional, so I only got OHL. And even then, it was only games that were televised locally, so probably 70% of games.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Not with mine (Rogers). It was regional, so I only got OHL. And even then, it was only games that were televised locally, so probably 70% of games.

Thanks, when glancing at mine, which I think was Shaw, It seemed to have all 3 leagues. Hoping for the best, because I can't see myself laying out additional money for something I will not have enough time to watch anyways.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

you might want to check as I believe it's all changed for next season now that TSN has the rights, granted I don't know as I haven't paid attention, just suggesting that whatever was the case in the past might not be now that the rights have changed (assuming TSN has sole rights, to which I also don't know)

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Our WJC prospects would look like : Mysak CZE , Guhle CAN, Tuch USA, Kapanen FIN

Is Kapanen a lock for WJC ?

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Our WJC prospects would look like : Mysak CZE , Guhle CAN, Tuch USA, Kapanen FIN

Is Kapanen a lock for WJC ?

I would say yes. He could be eligible for 3 WJC, I imagine they want him to play with the team so he can be a veteran presence later on

Plus he played well enough to be the 3rd ou 4th center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad