B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think even if he does he's going to Belleville .. and they would not make that kind of call out of camp

And the Senators are not paying an NHL salary to a goaltender to play in the AHL to pay Gus, so we are committed to Murray and Forsberg as the goaltenders unless they completely screw up or get injured.

Reactions: Emrasie and aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Another positive thing about some of the "enforcer" types is that they tend to be good people and offer support to mental health programs. Tyrell Goulbourne who was signed by the Sens last week was doing just such a thing in 2020 before the pandemic hit.

Reactions: aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I created a compilation of some of the best pro fights of Tyrell Goulbourne. He should be a fun player and fan favorite. He might even create some added entertainment in pre-season.

Reactions: Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I created a compilation of some of the best pro fights of Tyrell Goulbourne. He should be a fun player and fan favorite. He might even create some added entertainment in pre-season.

Man, it's not how hard you can hit, it's how much you can take & stand in there & he stands in there. He is one tough SOB & not that big & given it to much bigger guys. :thumbu:

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Man, it's not hard you can hit, it's how much you can take & stand in there & he stands in there. He is one tough SOB & not that big & given it to much bigger guys. :thumbu:
The AHL website listed him at 6' 215 lbs as of this season so he has put on a bit of size over the years. I am curious to see what he weighs in at during training camp. I am also curious to see how he performs at training camp. He can throw big hits, has decent speed and is a solid defensive forward. I know he is only on an AHL contract but look what happened with Sabourin. He was brought in on a try out two years ago and earned himself an NHL gig. D.J. Smith prioritizes defensive play and he likes tough players that can fight and hit and agitate so Goulbourne might earn himself an extended look in camp and possibly even a 2 way contract if he plays well enough,

But yeah he is a tough SOB and throws bombs at anyone willing to trade with him. With a bit more strength and balance, he probably beats most bigger guys.

Reactions: aragorn

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I like signing good AHL veterans,its always a good bet ...These older guys are usually pretty motivated to make an impression,and sometimes can provide a good spark or in cases like Matt Carkner become solid role players

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
Question about AHLTV. Can I watch past games whenever I want? do they save for a week/ month/year? or is it like a cable package where you have to record the game you want to watch at a later date?

Also Will all Belleville games be there for the upcoming season or is there the odd blackout?

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
The defensive pairings for the B-sens are taking shape:

Xavier Bernard (L) - Maxence Guenette (R)
Jonathon Aspirot (L) - Colby Williams (R)
Zach Leslie (L) - Lassi Thomson (R)
Dillon Heatherington (L)

Bedard and Guenette were paired at Val D'or and proved to be stingy in goals against. Guenette has the obvious edge offensively.

Aspirot and Williams form a duo of good skaters with offensive upside and relatively good plus-minus numbers.

Leslie and Thomson arguably have the most potential for offensive punch. Leslie gets a good look as a local hero, while Thomson could be set to deliver on his first-round selection status.

Heatherington and Thomson might make sense where stronger defensive posture is needed.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The defensive pairings for the B-sens are taking shape:

Xavier Bernard (L) - Maxence Guenette (R)
Jonathon Aspirot (L) - Colby Williams (R)
Zach Leslie (L) - Lassi Thomson (R)
Dillon Heatherington (L)

Bedard and Guenette were paired at Val D'or and proved to be stingy in goals against. Guenette has the obvious edge offensively.

Aspirot and Williams form a duo of good skaters with offensive upside and relatively good plus-minus numbers.

Leslie and Thomson arguably have the most potential for offensive punch. Leslie gets a good look as a local hero, while Thomson could be set to deliver on his first-round selection status.

Heatherington and Thomson might make sense where stronger defensive posture is needed.

JBD and Brannstrom are good bets to start there as well.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Branny and JBD line-up well together. If we add to current line-up I suggested before, then play Aspirot with Thomson and see how the latter joins in the play. That means resting Williams, Leslie and Heatherington.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Any Belleville fans wanna give me the scoop on Aspirot in terms of NHL potential? He's only 22 and was right at the top of the league for goals in last year's very short season. I haven't watched enough BSens to get a great understanding of his game. Do you expect he'll get any significant time with the big club this season?

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Aspirot has looked good at times, especially carrying the puck. A year older than Thomson, I put him ahead of the young Finn in terms of cracking the big squad.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Aspirot stays as a career AHL player, being a 1st rd pick & a right shot I think Thomson gets much more of a longer look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweatred

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Aspirot has looked good at times, especially carrying the puck. A year older than Thomson, I put him ahead of the young Finn in terms of cracking the big squad.
He's a left Dman no? there's no room on the left side, he's way down the depth chart.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Branny and JBD line-up well together. If we add to current line-up I suggested before, then play Aspirot with Thomson and see how the latter joins in the play. That means resting Williams, Leslie and Heatherington.

From what I know and saw from Heatherington (very small sample size), I'd be shocked if he wasn't a regular. He was most likely brought to be Top-4 and he'll make 250 000$ this season so it would be crazy if he wasn't. Might actually be a good partner for Thomson to develop his game.

Bernard is a pure rookie, not even 1 pro game, he'll start from the bottom. Same with Guenette but he was drafted and has more potential. Leslie also has a lot of AHL experience, should be a regular. Same with Williams, he has AHL experience but I'm hoping Guenette plays over him, I didn't really like what I saw from Williams last season. Maybe he'll be better with what should be a much better team around him

JBD starts the season in Belleville, needs to gain pro experience and anyway, a bit of a logjam in Ottawa for now. I think Brannstrom will be in Ottawa, despite everything they're doing to make it hard for him.

Heatherington-Thomson
Aspirot-JBD
Leslie-Guenette
Bernard-Williams

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad