Ridly Greig (#14)
Belleville Senators
G: 1 | A: 0

Reactions: DrEasy and Sicko

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, something about Sokolov that just gets me super excited. Great comeback by the boys. Peg outplayed us heavily in the 1st and we took over from middle of the 2nd onwards. Though they outshot us heavily, their goalie also made some stellar saves including couple breakaways and 2on1s.

Ridley Greig was just something else. He was smashing players, attacking the boards hard, using his speed to create odd man rushes, crossing the middle of the ice to make excellent plays, this guy going to be something. Feel like Greig-Stutzle-Sokolov can form a nasty line for us sooner than later.

Williams had best game out of our D. Strong effort. Cassels was also really good. Crookshank, Abramov, Reinhardt, Kaestlic all played great games. Peca with a lot of effort and speed too on the forecheck.

I really don’t mind thomson

Understatement, he has progressed the most out of anyone--both ends of the ice. I think Mann can do wonders with him in next couple seasons. Thomson was rushing the puck and making plays throughout this game.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
And Mads is going to be a madman.

Damn, even though we have some pretty damn good prospects graduating this season, our pool is still pretty stacked

Man when Greig puts on some weight he is going to be a terror to play against

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Sutzle-Greig-Sokolov
Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Crookshank-Paul-White

motherofgod.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NikoEhlers

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Did Greig line up at LW or C?

I really don’t mind thomson

"19th overall don't mind" or "could be an NHL player don't mind"? Without having seen much of him, sounds like there are concerns about him being able to play above the bottom half of the lineup, not necessarily that he doesn't have the ability to play

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

"19th overall don't mind" or "could be an NHL player don't mind"? Without having seen much of him, sounds like there are concerns about him being able to play above the bottom half of the lineup, not necessarily that he doesn't have the ability to play

Greig lined up at both C and LW. I saw him play before the W and now after. He looks good. He was 28OA but 19OA would have been ok based on the guys drafted 19-28. Very early but I see top 6 ability. Skates well, good speed, poise with the puck, attack mentality, seems to have good awareness. At this point I would say 2nd line upside very projectable and a 3rd line floor. "28th OA very happy"... On the Sens , at LW he would not play ahead of Tkachuk or Stutzle and at C.. wait and see.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Greig lined up at both C and LW. I saw him play before the W and now after. He looks good. He was 28OA but 19OA would have been ok based on the guys drafted 19-28. Very early but I see top 6 ability. Skates well, good speed, poise with the puck, attack mentality, seems to have good awareness. At this point I would say 2nd line upside very projectable and a 3rd line floor. "28th OA very happy"... On the Sens , at LW he would not play ahead of Tkachuk or Stutzle and at C.. wait and see.
Appreciate the response - 19th overall was referring to Thomson in this case, though. I have been very impressed with Greig.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020

Greig was playing at C from what I saw, taking faceoffs, even won a couple. I think that will be a part of his game that should improve with a couple of good offseasons training.

Thomson I still see as having good bottom pairing upside with the big club, but he hasnt really shown enough to make me think that he is going to play above Zub, Zaitsev or JBD. He's definitely come a long way though from looking totally lost on the ice at the beginning of the year. The big things I'd hope to see him improve on if he's going to have a career in the NHL are his decision making/defensive coverage and getting his big shot off faster. I do still worry though that he's going to have a Jaros type career as a prospect with the team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Mm. I don’t mind him relative to how much hate (maybe deservedly) he got before this season. He’s feisty. But when he gets moving he’s pretty hard to stop. Defensively I think he’s pretty sound. Puck on his stick in the d zone ehhhhh there’s a couple warts. But he will be in the ahl next year again and learning. I see no reason why he can’t be a decent 5-6. Maybe even a 4 somewhere down the line.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mm. I don’t mind him relative to how much hate (maybe deservedly) he got before this season. He’s feisty. But when he gets moving he’s pretty hard to stop. Defensively I think he’s pretty sound. Puck on his stick in the d zone ehhhhh there’s a couple warts. But he will be in the ahl next year again and learning. I see no reason why he can’t be a decent 5-6. Maybe even a 4 somewhere down the line.

Would you say his ceiling is a Zaitsev type or more than that?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Would you say his ceiling is a Zaitsev type or more than that?
Yeah probably accurate. Thomson is more of a bill with the puck on his stick tho. And obviously has a waaay bigger shot than zaitsev.

Honeslty. Thomson and ceci don’t look that different out there except Thomson way more willing to skate with the puck

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Not certain of the exact transfer rules, but one could assume that anyone who laced up for the B-sens this year is eligible to return from Ottawa. If so, we could see the following players added for the final five home games:

Formenton-LBrown-Kelly (This line practiced on Tuesday in preparation for tonight's season-ending game against the Leafs)

Brannstrom-Aspirot

If we add those 5 to a team already on a four-game win streak, the B-sens would be very tough, if not impossible, to beat!

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Taxi squad makes AHL salary. He would have received NHL per diem of a whopping $100+change if he was on taxi on an away game.

Wow that's pretty brutal for the taxi squad guys. I wonder why the move then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->