B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
This just seems dumb. So guys that played OHL can skip straight ahead but guys in the W or Q can't? That seems to be the net effect of that rule, or am I missing something?
Ya seems really unfair. Honestly I don’t understand why the NHL gives into the CHL on this anyway. At minimum, every NHL team should be able to bring one guy to the AHL early.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ya seems really unfair. Honestly I don’t understand why the NHL gives into the CHL on this anyway. At minimum, every NHL team should be able to bring one guy to the AHL early.

It's pretty unfair to the OHL too, they lose a bunch of their star players that might help draw people back to the rink after being shut down while the other two CHL league's seem to be status quo (don't think there is a single player from those league's that hit 20 games)

Reactions: Smeddy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If you listen to DJ’s interview on cam and strick, it seems an awe full lot like the reeeeaally want to see what Brown has before losing him, and that injuries at the wrong times were the reason he kept missing his call ups last season.

There may be some sugar coating, but the did just protect him, and we really do need a player who plays his position. My gut tells me that patience is slim and that this off season is the biggest one of his career.

He needs to stay healthy and he need to make the team out of camp.

DJ reiterated that pace at the NHL level was the only thing that seems to be holding him back.

Pace plus injuries have held L. Brown back. I don't know if he can ever improve on those two aspects enough to become a good NHL player. I hope he does because we do need a a high end play-making center on this team to generate offense. He might be perfect to set up Dadonov for shots. Add a speedster to those two and you might have something useful as a line.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Pace plus injuries have held L. Brown back. I don't know if he can ever improve on those two aspects enough to become a good NHL player. I hope he does because we do need a a high end play-making center on this team to generate offense. He might be perfect to set up Dadonov for shots. Add a speedster to those two and you might have something useful as a line.

None of us are subject to his injury or rehab … it could be 1000x better or worse than anyone here knows.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Sens fans with respect to Logan Brown (with cameo from Eugene Melnyk):

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Good for him but, definitely a bummer for the BSens. Who is going to play in Belleville this year.

Crookshank
Sokolov
Jarventie
Kastelic
Reinhardt
Bishop
Kelly
Shaw
L. Brown (potentially)
Formenton (potentially)
Pinto (potentially)

I'm sure they'll sign a few guys

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Damn...that sucks. I was impressed with his play in Belleville and thought he fit right in with what the Sens were trying to build. The fact that he signed an AHL contract as well I am really surprised that the Sens didn't sign him to the same contract.

Reactions: aragorn

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Too bad about Douglas.
Kinda hope he sucks for the Marlies now. Sorry Curtis

He’s from Toronto area, a leafs fan??, so maybe that had something to do with it.

If so then f*** him and his blue shirt.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Damn...that sucks. I was impressed with his play in Belleville and thought he fit right in with what the Sens were trying to build. The fact that he signed an AHL contract as well I am really surprised that the Sens didn't sign him to the same contract.
Does it really matter? He has no NHL hopes.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Does it really matter? He has no NHL hopes.

One of the things the organization has overlooked for many years is a successful AHL club. You want to surround your young NHL-bound talent with good players.

Getting shelled every night ruins confidence and doesn't allow you to develop the skills required for the NHL imo.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
One of the things the organization has overlooked for many years is a successful AHL club. You want to surround your young NHL-bound talent with good players.

Getting shelled every night ruins confidence and doesn't allow you to develop the skills required for the NHL imo.
Right, but this isn't really a good player. Ideally you want guys on two-way NHL deals.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

This org has 4-5+ young centers a head of Douglas … not hard to imagine why he’d rather play for Toronto - they also have the ability to pay their minor league players more.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Yea, that's too bad, I know you were high on him. I assume they liked Kastelic more who they drafted, I wonder when he will get a game or two in the NHL if a couple of centres go down?

Ottawa's AHL farm team has had good yrs & bad like every team, they won a Calder Cup with Binghamton & if not for Covid could have had a good run last season in the playoffs. I bet Troy Mann wins one at some point here but developing players is what is important & they are doing that regularly.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Crookshank
Sokolov
Jarventie
Kastelic
Reinhardt
Bishop
Kelly
Shaw
L. Brown (potentially)
Formenton (potentially)
Pinto (potentially)

I'm sure they'll sign a few guys
The future is now Future...Forms is an NHLer and won't be back to AHL.

If Brown is in Belleville then all is lost with him and it's time to turn the page.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Looks like a lot of work needs to be done for Belleville to have a competitive roster on the ice for the upcoming AHL season.

Crookshank - Bishop - Sokolov
Reinhardt - Shaw - Jarventie
Kelly - Kastelic - X
X - X - X

Aspirot - JBD
X - Guenette
X - X

Gustavsson
Sogaard
Mandolese

Troy Mann started lobbying for better vets before last season even ended, so I'd expect some action here tomorrow.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Looks like a lot of work needs to be done for Belleville to have a competitive roster on the ice for the upcoming AHL season.

Reinhardt - Shaw - Jarventie
Kelly - Kastelic - X
X - X - X

Aspirot - JBD
X - Guenette
X - X

Gustavsson
Sogaard
Mandolese

Troy Mann started lobbying for better vets before last season even ended, so I'd expect some action here tomorrow.

I would think Lassi will play in Belleville again… possibly as 1RD

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Kelly - Lodin - Shaw
??? Cassels - ???
Reinhardt - Kastelic - ???

Aspirot - L. Thomson
??? - Williams/Doughty
??? - Guennette/Goloubef

Gus - Mando/Sogaard