2020 - 2021 AUS Thread

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I wonder how many players teams are expected to lose this summer?

I noticed St. FX posted a tweet recognizing their graduating players - Robertson, Laishram, Centorame, and Graham.

UPEI did the same for Headrick and Blaisdell.

Last edited:

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
FISU games 2021
Any idea who will represent Canada, in the 2021 FISU games? AUS/OUA/CanadaWest?
Games are to take place Dec 11-21, in Switzerland.
USA hockey has announced that the Northeastern University (Hockey East) will represent the country in both Mens and Women's hockey.
This is the first time that I can remember an NCAA (Div 1) team involved, as usually the players come from Div 111 teams.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
I wonder if the government will allow full attendance by October?
upload_2021-6-13_14-46-54.png

Reactions: Rob

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Former Acadia Axeman Liam Heelis leaving McGill (was Interim Head Coach of the men's team) to become the assistant coach of the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads.

Reactions: AUS Fan

mikeandI

Jun 30, 2010
Former Acadia Axeman Liam Heelis leaving McGill (was Interim Head Coach of the men's team) to become the assistant coach of the QMJHL Halifax Mooseheads.
Was he not interested in being the full time HC at McGill or is the Moosehead job a better fit or move?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I would guess Major Junior is a better stepping stone to the Show than CIS. Just my opinion, so don't mention Babcock.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Per John Moore Twitter: Varsity hockey will return to the Dal campus after a 10 yr hiatus. The Board of Directors has voted in favour of a Dalhousie Event Centre inc/ an NHL size ice surface. Completion date fall of 2023. Great addition to student life and the community.

Reactions: Rob

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Per John Moore Twitter: Varsity hockey will return to the Dal campus after a 10 yr hiatus. The Board of Directors has voted in favour of a Dalhousie Event Centre inc/ an NHL size ice surface. Completion date fall of 2023. Great addition to student life and the community.

That's even better news than the Habs being 1 game away from the Stanley Cup Finals.

While it does have it's charms I don't think anyone will miss going to the Forum.

Board approves proposed Dalhousie Event Centre in Halifax

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
So they are going to tuck it in there in the former spot? which I thought LeMarchant Place was built on, guess I was wrong, but to put it in there beside LeMarchant, ...going to be a bit of a tight squeeze isn't it? Unless they are going to take from Wickwire Field, or Studley Gym maybe?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
From what I read it's going in the same spot as the old rink. I haven't been near DAL since the rink came down, so I don't really know where LeMarchant Place ended up.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
G
From what I read it's going in the same spot as the old rink. I haven't been near DAL since the rink came down, so I don't really know where LeMarchant Place ended up.

Good riddance to the old Forum. That place just had a dreadful atmosphere. Especially with only 100 people for a Dal game.

Island Husky

Sep 18, 2008
Kensington PEI
Just to the right of the old rink, which was turned into a parking lot with a gate, remember the lane you took out of the Rink parking in front of the door? well on the far side between the parking lot and Lemarchant Street, is where they put LeMarchant place. So they're are going to put it back where it was, but it looks awfully tight, what do I know?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
This was "assumed" for months and now it's official.

Acadia University, in partnership with S|E|A, will be hosting the 2022 U SPORTS Men’s Hockey National Championship from March 16th to 20th at the Scotiabank Centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad