2020 - 2021 AUS Thread

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Maybe, if the bubble opens again, we see a few exhibition games?
Very quiet, haven't heard boo from any of the teams in the AUS.

I wouldn't put any money on a new bubble, but I could see SMU playing DAL and maybe UdeM and UNB playing. But, like you I haven't heard a peep. Another issue is the requirement for isolation for any student athletes who went home for the holidays.

Edit: Just watching the PEI Premier on TV talking about the Atlantic bubble "perhaps" being re-instated by mid Jan. Time will tell.

New Edit: I was texting with 2 AUS coaches yesterday and both have NO knowledge of any plans for hockey at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
As of today, NS requires anyone from NB to isolate 14 days. Not sure if PEI has a similar rule but it would make it impossible for UNB or UdeM to play anyone else.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Looks that way. By then the Maritimes and (hopefully) the rest of the country will have received the vaccine and (again hopefully) we can have a normal hockey season.

Reactions: Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Some AUS teams will play exhibition games over the next 5 weeks. Hockey, B-Ball, V-Ball and Swimming will be active. DAL, SMU and ACA will participate. SFX has opted out. All events will be held without fans (a least for now). Hopefully, in March a few fans can watch. ACA at SMU hockey this Friday.

Reactions: Hollywood3 and Rob

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
With NB set to go back the yellow phase at the end of the week, I wonder if there have been any discussions regarding a possible UNB/UdeM game? Or has that ship sailed until the fall?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Last time I spoke with Gards there was nothing happening. What are they gonna do, play each other every weekend?

This Yellow thing will last a week or less and then back to whatever the next color is and everything stops.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Hearing there's a UNB-STU women's hockey game being planned for when the Province loosens up the regs

Great if they could do that for the girls. SMU-DAL women played once and were supposed to play last weekend before the restrictions. Those restrictions have been lifted so they may play again. Same for the men (SMU, DAL, ACA).

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Great if they could do that for the girls. SMU-DAL women played once and were supposed to play last weekend before the restrictions. Those restrictions have been lifted so they may play again. Same for the men (SMU, DAL, ACA).

I thought I read something that said officials from two of teams said they were done until September.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
20F7462E-5460-4C24-9C90-E215B0D1A9E6.jpeg

Perhaps the thinking has changed with restrictions being lifted so soon??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad