2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Vegas outshooting the wild 20-5 but it's still 0-0. Where have I seen this story before?
7 minutes to go in regulation and still 0-0.
Interesting to see Dumba right up there with Brodin in minutes played given all of the threads about him in trade or him being expendable for the ED.

Reactions: mossey3535

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Vegas lacks finishers, It was evident when they played us.

Their team transition and forecheck is top notch. They are fast, aggressive ,and physical.

Not having Pacioretty hurts them. They are one elite finisher away from going all the way. Pietrangelo solidifies that D.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Vegas lacks finishers, It was evident when they played us.

Their team transition and forecheck is top notch. They are fast, aggressive ,and physical.

Not having Pacioretty hurts them. They are one elite finisher away from going all the way. Pietrangelo solidifies that D.

I think they have finishers, if not if the elite / franchise variety.

But they definitely try and pick their corners too much. Not a lot of shot-rebound combinations coming from them. I don’t know if that’s just a by product of getting into their own heads after running into Demko last summer, or just a natural proclivity their players have - but they’re trying to be too fine in my estimation.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And Minnesota takes Game 1 in OT.

AP couldn't clear the puck, but initial replay, I didn't see an outlet for him. Probably didn't want to ice it, but that extra time in deciding the right amount of force to put on the clear allowed the Minny forechecker to get on him and limit what he got on the puck.

Puck luck with the goal deflecting off Martinez who went to block it.

Vegas must be wondering what it takes to score goals in the playoffs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wonder if we'll look back and say that Demko shut Vegas' window for good.

They look like they're still playing that series against us.
They also struggled to score vs Dallas and their excellent D. Take care of the Hawks in their first round, but that's against an old Keith and the rest of the Hawks D that is nowhere close to what it was during their Cup runs with Seabrook, Hjmarlsson, Oduya, etc.

Minnesota, not as much offense as Dallas up front, but their D core is very solid.

Going to be a battle for the Knights.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
And Minnesota takes Game 1 in OT.

AP couldn't clear the puck, but initial replay, I didn't see an outlet for him. Probably didn't want to ice it, but that extra time in deciding the right amount of force to put on the clear allowed the Minny forechecker to get on him and limit what he got on the puck.

Puck luck with the goal deflecting off Martinez who went to block it.

Vegas must be wondering what it takes to score goals in the playoffs.

Looked to me like Petro just fanned on his clear attempt.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Wow, Minnesota takes Game 1.

I find VGK a very arrogant and unlikeable team and I hope the Wild take them out. (but damn, they do tilt the ice... they can do everything but score!)

Jarry's high glove side is open for business. Pens won't go far with goaltending like that.

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I find VGK a very arrogant and unlikeable team and I hope the Wild take them out.

I love the Knights. They took several stupid GMs for a ride during the expansion draft, play a fun brand of hockey, are not afraid to make bold moves and provide an unbeatable atmosphere in the arena. It’s everything I want in a team.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Minny is going to beat Vegas.

Won the season series and from the looks of game one, just seems like they have their number regardless of play.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
I love the Knights. They took several stupid GMs for a ride during the expansion draft, play a fun brand of hockey, are not afraid to make bold moves and provide an unbeatable atmosphere in the arena. It’s everything I want in a team.
Me? Jealous? Nah! :laugh:

Reactions: I am toxic

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Minny is going to beat Vegas.

Won the season series and from the looks of game one, just seems like they have their number regardless of play.
Comparable to Dallas on the back end. Don't have the high end 1st line in Seguin/Benn/Radulov that Dallas had, but Kaprizov is dangerous.

If they get goaltending, and keep the games low scoring and close, have every chance in the world to beat Vegas.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Someone remind me why Vegas spent all that money on Robin Lehner?

Fleury is playing really, really damn well.

I do love Flower and he is playing well right now. But as people pointed out to me last post-season, he does have some meltdown tendencies in the playoffs and their goal is to win the Cup. And he's getting older and older. So from that perspective it makes a lot of sense.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I find VGK a very arrogant and unlikeable team and I hope the Wild take them out. (but damn, they do tilt the ice... they can do everything but score!)

Jarry's high glove side is open for business. Pens won't go far with goaltending like that.

Vegas is an arrogant crew, but I also loathe Hartman on Minnesota for his blatant cheap shotting of Petey in the qualifiers last year.

Plus, I generally enjoy watching skilled hockey more than I do Minnesota’s brand of trapping, grinding hockey.

Reactions: CherryToke

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Panthers vs Lightning, shows you playoffs hockey is not just skill its a war.

canucks way too soft, these teams are battling every inch, every chance to finish a hit, they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese