2020/2021 Around The League Thread | Playoff Edition III

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Seeing washed up Joe Thoronton miss his chance was the icing on top. Karma is real, folks.

d91.gif

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
I saw this coming. Dominating Game 6 OT and losing on a muffin shot was the dagger.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Keep your head up and keep your feet moving kiddo. If you don't want to get hit, stay off the tracks.

Tell me, what score specifically is the limit for when throwing a good hit is too mean for you?
Kevin Bieksa already answered this in the clip I posted twice

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I know what the curse of the Bambino was that cost the Red Sox a world championship for 86 years. Is there a known reason for the Toronto Maple Leaf curse?

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Beautiful. Just beautiful. The Habs are a team of destiny. That destiny is not to win the Stanley Cup, but to beat the Leafs in a humiliating fashion.

Now we just need Boston to fall and everything will be ok.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Lol gotta say I'm kind of liking the playoffs thus far even without the Nucks.

Avs look incredible and fun to watch. Jets are my underdog pick. Leafs bowing out in round one is always fun.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
View attachment 441540
honestly now I just kinda feel bad for them
Wonder what happens to Toronto this off season
Panic trades incoming?

Nope. Not one bit. They receive so much press, so much slobbery cheerleading by Sportsnet’s alleged journalists, and during the regular season were shoved down our throats every single day.
If they don’t like it they can amend their NTC’s to include Columbus or New Jersey and play out their days in utter anonymity.

Reactions: LordBacon

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I think Keefe is yet another ok or maybe even good regular season coach. But you can't win in the playoffs if your coach's solution is to keep doing what they've always done.

They have to be able to make adjustments, and I'm not talking about putting the lines in a blender - every coach does that to some extent. Like actual tactical and set play tactics to neutralize what the other team is doing.

That's not Green, which is why I'm baffled we re-signed him.

He put out Spezza with three minutes left.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Beautiful. Just beautiful. The Habs are a team of destiny. That destiny is not to win the Stanley Cup, but to beat the Leafs in a humiliating fashion.

Now we just need Boston to fall and everything will be ok.

Reactions: kevinsane

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Kevin Bieksa already answered this in the clip I posted twice

Didn't watch, don't care, stay on the bench or at home if you can't handle getting hit in game 1 of a playoff series at any point between the whistles.

Sure, 5-0 in the third period of an elimination game? Let up a little if you wanna keep it classy. Otherwise, Bieksa while normally great has a weak loser opinion on this one

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So much for that vaunted "leadership" from Joe Thornton. Good thing he came cheap.
There was something funny about seeing Corey Perry, his longtime divisional rival actually making an impact on this game.

I lost all respect for Thornton after he tried to clown Henrik when the ref was talking to both team captains. Happy to see him lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad