2020/2021 Around The League Thread | Playoff Edition III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
With 7 min to go...Nylander had a 3 on 2. He sees Edmundson coming towards him and decides to curl up before the blueline and dump the puck in.

During the EN sequence. Marner in the offensive zone has a lane to the net but decides to dump it in the corner to nobody because Petry was lining him up.

Mason Raymond was more willing to take hits than these guys.

Reactions: kevinsane

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Always good to see the Laughs lose and choke in such mighty fashion. Overhyped losers still cant get past the first round.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Five straight first round exits.
Didn't they miss the playoffs last year? Or did the Canucks win 2 rounds last year? The 1st for Folingo is not looking a lot better than the 1st to get rid of one year of Marleau. I think Leaf have done a lot of things right but they like all teams can not win unless their best players are their best players. The flat cap for 5 years hurts them a lot as Matthew's contracts are not going down as a percentage of cap. Matthews is a star so their will win around some year.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
And Isles win in OT!

I'm not an evil person.....but if I had an armoured vehicle I would paint the Habs logo and all the rest of the Canadian teams then drive up and down Yonge street.

On the back I would paint.....shove it CBC.

I'm sure I can find a lot of Vancouver fans hitching a ride! :laugh:

I call shotgun.

Reactions: LordBacon

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Media spending too much time on what the Leafs didn't do, and not enough about what the Habs did do.

Leadership = Price with honourable mention to (gag me) Perry.

Last edited:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Leafs out.

giphy.gif

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
There was something funny about seeing Corey Perry, his longtime divisional rival actually making an impact on this game.

I lost all respect for Thornton after he tried to clown Henrik when the ref was talking to both team captains. Happy to see him lose.

That's where you saw Joe's "leadership and character" on display. A loser then, a loser now.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
happy the leafs lost, but what a boring series. the first important leafs/habs games in decades and it's basically a dud. oh well
It had violence, goaltending, 3rd period comebacks 2 overtime possible elimination victories and went 7 games. It was a great series for neutral or non leaf fans.
It has to be soul crushing for them. Even the WCE won a couple rounds. They will go young next year. Let the young guys lead. Vancouver should do the same.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It had violence, goaltending, 3rd period comebacks 2 overtime possible elimination victories and went 7 games. It was a great series for neutral or non leaf fans.
It has to be soul crushing for them. Even the WCE won a couple rounds. They will go young next year. Let the young guys lead. Vancouver should do the same.
Admittedly I didn’t watch much of it, but the pace and intensity seemed so much faster in the TB/FLA series, that was fun to watch.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
LOL.

To Toronto: F Nick Foligno, F Stefan Noesen
To Columbus: 2021 1st round pick (TOR), 2022 4th round pick (TOR)
To San Jose: 2021 4th round pick (TOR)

To Toronto: F Riley Nash
To Columbus: 2022 6th or 7th round pick

To Toronto: G David Rittich
To Calgary: 2022 3rd round pick

To Toronto: D Ben Hutton
To Anaheim: 2021 5th round pick

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
LOL.

To Toronto: F Nick Foligno, F Stefan Noesen
To Columbus: 2021 1st round pick (TOR), 2022 4th round pick (TOR)
To San Jose: 2021 4th round pick (TOR)

To Toronto: F Riley Nash
To Columbus: 2022 6th or 7th round pick

To Toronto: G David Rittich
To Calgary: 2022 3rd round pick

To Toronto: D Ben Hutton
To Anaheim: 2021 5th round pick

giphy.gif

Reactions: supercanuck

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Is there a bigger loser in the league than Joe Thornton?

And imagine being dumb enough to sell him as some "great grizzled vet" that would teach them how to win. Comical all year and more so with this result.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Didn't they miss the playoffs last year? Or did the Canucks win 2 rounds last year? The 1st for Folingo is not looking a lot better than the 1st to get rid of one year of Marleau. I think Leaf have done a lot of things right but they like all teams can not win unless their best players are their best players. The flat cap for 5 years hurts them a lot as Matthew's contracts are not going down as a percentage of cap. Matthews is a star so their will win around some year.
Honestly, you have to wonder for Toronto about them not keep Lou Lam around til he was able to sign their young kids coming out of elc. Lou is historically known to be a tough negotiator on young players.
Sign Tavares for $11 mill and your kids think that’s the bar to aim for in their contracts.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wasting a first round pick for the corpse of Nick Foligno with Taylor Hall available will forever be hilarious.
Technically a first and two fourth rounders for Foligno. And a third rounder for Big Save Dave Rittich who was the third string goalie. They have 3 picks in the upcoming draft and not a lot the next year either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad