Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
dblQkJi.jpg

Aho looks like a happy Miss Trunchbull.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I still appreciate his career. Good professional and all.
Oh no questions asked, he was as much of a professional and star as you could've been as a PBP. I mean, I've enjoyed my number of classic games with him as PBP, but these last few years dating back to Penguins Cup win in 2016 he's been sharply declining where he heavily falls back to his constant "Doc mannerisms" (which got insanely annoying). I also think he's got some sort of underlying brain illness he doesn't want the public to know about.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Oh no questions asked, he was as much of a professional and star as you could've been as a PBP. I mean, I've enjoyed my number of classic games with him as PBP, but these last few years dating back to Penguins Cup win in 2016 he's been sharply declining where he heavily falls back to his constant "Doc mannerisms" (which got insanely annoying). I also think he's got some sort of underlying brain illness he doesn't want the public to know about.

That got dark quick.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I was a fan of Doc when he was with the Devils but not really on the national broadcasts.

I wasn't a fan of how he'd overdramatize things, with the way he'd try to sum up the importance of something during a game, or with his anecdotes from the past. They were just a little much for my tastes.

Doc still had one of the best hockey broadcasting careers ever though and was always a class act. Congrats to him.

It's too bad Cuthbert moved to Sportsnet. He would have been the perfect replacement for Doc.

Reactions: MarkT

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I was a fan of Doc when he was with the Devils but not really on the national broadcasts.

I wasn't a fan of how he'd overdramatize things, with the way he'd try to sum up the importance of something during a game, or with his anecdotes from the past. They were just a little much for my tastes.

Doc still had one of the best hockey broadcasting careers ever though and was always a class act. Congrats to him.

It's too bad Cuthbert moved to Sportsnet. He would have been the perfect replacement for Doc.
Cuthbert is the best for me. Such a great voice and way to call the game that makes it even more exciting.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Juuso Välimäki is racking up points, 2 points behind the league leader (who you might know, it's Petri Kontiola). The weird circumstances kind of remind me of the 04-05 lockout.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I liked Doc although I also think he was on the decline. He could make a slap shot from the point by EJ sound interesting. I’m glad he got to hang ‘em up while he was still sort of ahead of the game.

Wouldn’t mind Forslund taking his place, either. He has always been one of my favorites, I’ve been watching him down here in NC for years. He’s not an over the top exciting guy but he knows what he’s talking about and makes it pretty interesting.

Reactions: MarkT and 22FUTON9

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I liked Doc although I also think he was on the decline. He could make a slap shot from the point by EJ sound interesting. I’m glad he got to hang ‘em up while he was still sort of ahead of the game.

Wouldn’t mind Forslund taking his place, either. He has always been one of my favorites, I’ve been watching him down here in NC for years. He’s not an over the top exciting guy but he knows what he’s talking about and makes it pretty interesting.
Since I can’t have Cuthbert I want this guy:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Good for him, it was a great run. Wonder who takes his place. Albert? Hughson? I’d love it if Gary Thorne made his way back to hockey.
****ing PLEASE take him from Sportsnet.

Jim Hughson is one of the worst national PxP guys I've ever heard. Such a lack of enthusiasm for the game he's calling unless it's the Vancouver Canucks.

His call this year when Auston Matthews won the game in OT vs Columbus after that 3-0 comeback was pathetic. Called him Kasperi Kapanen after a slight delay and didn't even bother correcting himself, it had to be Craig Simpson chiming in saying "I think it was Matthews".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad