Prospect Info: [2020 - 102nd] Jack Smith (NCAA - Minnesota-Duluth)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If you're using chrome, check to see if you have hfboards muted. You can right click the tab you have hfboards open in to check if so.

Wow thanks. That was exactly that. I didn't even know that this feature existed...lolll

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hey I works in automation....but in a human resources mandate....slow down on the scientist...
It's like what I always tell my wife '' honey, it's not my fault you thought you were marrying a doctor and you found out I'm the wrong kind of doctor after it was too late to go back '' :laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No clue why they didnt pick Biondi and Farrell ahead, Im watching Biondi right now and he looks so much better lol...

Something happened not that long ago when I saw at a develoment Matt Bradley and Jeremiah Addison. While Addison retired....he looked SO much better than Bradley. And Bradley was picked in the 5th while ADdison in the 7th.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Biondi looks like a freaking train and a power forward in the making. IF he still develops.

I really like Biondi. I saw some footage here and there before the draft when I simply decided to check out some high school players (because I know Habs like to scout there). Biondi was one of those players that stood out to me. So when I saw the Habs select him, I was real happy. I can't wait to see him in the NCAA.

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
First time I see this game, he wasn't great indeed. I saw much better ones. He tends to come out of nowhere to score.
He's a good finisher. Not gonna pretend I've ever seen this kid apart from St-Cloud's games on video (easy to find, entire games) but, to me, he's absolutely not a C. Can't win a faceoff, avoids center ice at all cost and goes to the sides as fast as he can to wait or, sometimes drive the play from the outskirts. I just don't understand why they picked him so early. They must really trust his ability to score but it's not how Timmins described him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
In an article on Recrutes (behind a paywall), McCagg wrote a good article on each other Habs' prospects and had Timmins and other teams' scouts weigh in on each draft pick.

He mentions that Smith might miss some time this year because he injured his knee this week and had an MRI on Wednesday. Until we hear anything in terms of the severity of the injury and recovery time required, we won't know how long he will miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad