Prospect Info: [2020 - 102nd] Jack Smith (NCAA - Minnesota-Duluth)

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Not that the Fonstads, McShanes, and Houdes have done much more for us.

Yeah well there's a balance to be had. I had some fun yesterday night looking through the Habs draft since 2002 and none of these weird picks worked. Like prospects that come from nowhere leagues and don't produce.

I'm ready to give a chance to a kid that dominates, even in a lower league though.

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
https://www.futurescopehockey.com/post/2020-nhl-draft-rankings-united-states-edition

Jack Smith is a player who’s been hard for me to get a good read on. Other than the Minnesota state tournament, and a few St. Cloud games here and there, I haven’t been able to watch Smith that much. From what I’ve seen, I’m really impressed with his game. He’s a dynamic player on offense, with some quick hands and shifty feet. Smith has great finishing ability close to the net, and can also make plays at a high level. He’s a fast player, but not quite a speedster. I’m really looking forward to watching him at University of Minnesota Duluth, where he’ll likely be a big scorer.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Not on my radar, the write ups are encouraging.. so hopefully get some footage of him playing.
I like the description of this player also. Hopefully his injuries are behind him. Sounds like he has a lot of skill and in particular the ability to finish, coupled with decent skating. Just let him stay healthy and keep making strides. I like this narrative already.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Timmins-PressConference(20/10/07):Smith
“Jack is an elite playmaker at that level. He really sees the ice well, he makes plays...”
“Center is his natural position; he's a natural center...”
“Skating is another strong point of his and he has very good hockey sense.”
“He's going to go play for Sioux Falls this year in the USHL and then on to Minnesota-Duluth.”

Reactions: kevsavard95

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
St. Cloud Cathedral intros. When each player is introduced, they skate up to the blue line and say something to the camera. If I'm not mistaken, I think Jack Smith says "Hey, Biondi."

@1:20

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
St. Cloud Cathedral intros. When each player is introduced, they skate up to the blue line and say something to the camera. If I'm not mistaken, I think Jack Smith says "Hey, Biondi."

@1:20

The both say how great friends they are when they were interviewed so yeah, that's probably it.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The both say how great friends they are when they were interviewed so yeah, that's probably it.

I can't wait for NCAA to get going again. Some conferences will start before others, but we have so many prospects in the NCAA. We know we got Caufield, Harris, and Struble. But this year, Pitlick starts in NCAA. As well as Jack Smith, Blake Biondi, and Sean Farrell (though he will still in the USHL).

Jul 6, 2016
I can't wait for NCAA to get going again. Some conferences will start before others, but we have so many prospects in the NCAA. We know we got Caufield, Harris, and Struble. But this year, Pitlick starts in NCAA. As well as Jack Smith, Blake Biondi, and Sean Farrell (though he will still in the USHL).

Lots of kids we will never see playing a regular game for the Montreal Canadiens.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Jack Smith will be playing in the USHL this year and will be joining UMD next year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

It definitely doesn't seem like a bad idea to throw darts at these American kids in the later rounds.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is there a reason why I don't hear anything on HF but in order to do so I have to watch the vid from its orginal place? Anyone?

it's on your end as it works fine for me.

There's still trying to figure out if it will just be conference only game or not. if so,

HE -Harris/Struble vs Tuch
NCHC - Biondi vs Stapley
Big 10 - Caufield/Gorniak vs Pitlick
ECAC - Farrell (if Ivy doesn't cancel the 2nd half)

not a prospect to me but Henriksson is in the WCHA.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Is there a reason why I don't hear anything on HF but in order to do so I have to watch the vid from its orginal place? Anyone?

If you're using chrome, check to see if you have hfboards muted. You can right click the tab you have hfboards open in to check if so.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00