Post-Game Talk: 2019 World Junior Hockey

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I think both teams played really well and it was a very entertaining game. Honestly, Finland just got the bounces going their way and that was that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think both teams played really well and it was a very entertaining game. Honestly, Finland just got the bounces going their way and that was that.

Finland got the bounces for their goals but they were the much better team and controlled the game.

Pretty crazy how hard it is for people to admit. No offense of course.

Switzerland beat Sweden 2-0! This is GREAT for the sport.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Finland got the bounces for their goals but they were the much better team and controlled the game.

Let's not get carried away here. Finland was good and they deserve their win, but I'm not sure I can say they actually controlled any part of that game, it was very even in that regard.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I was busy last night playing darts and watching the game. I knew we lost, had no idea we were eliminated. Lame shit.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Not a very good Canadian entry this year. I thought the defense were terribly overrated. Bouchard and Dobson (both of whom I loved at draft time...) were huge disappointments to me. Deep group of forwards but not very good imo. Very few who could create offense against the better opponents.

Probably the most overrated team in memory. They deserved to lose that game.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Let's not get carried away here. Finland was good and they deserve their win, but I'm not sure I can say they actually controlled any part of that game, it was very even in that regard.

Alright, maybe "controlled the game" is a bit extreme but they outshot Canada by a considerable margin and I felt they clearly were the better team. Not by a ton, "close but clear" is how I like to put these things.

It just really bugs me when people seem to hand waive the loss away to "Finland got the bounces", as if Finland didn't really deserve the win. I thought they were the better team and 100% deserved it, DiPietro was outstanding.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Alright, maybe "controlled the game" is a bit extreme but they outshot Canada by a considerable margin and I felt they clearly were the better team. Not by a ton, "close but clear" is how I like to put these things.

It just really bugs me when people seem to hand waive the loss away to "Finland got the bounces", as if Finland didn't really deserve the win. I thought they were the better team and 100% deserved it, DiPietro was outstanding.

Yeah DiPietro was definitely outstanding, but so was UPL. The game could have easily swung either way by multiple goals if it weren't for the goalies.

To me it was a very even game. I know the Finns outshot Canada, but to me anyway, it did seem the scoring chances were virtually the same.

Charliebox

Aug 5, 2009
Finland controlled the game, especially the 2nd period. To think anything less is pretty homerish.

The first period was pretty even, and tight.

The second period was pretty much all Finland, minus the one chance and one goal from Canada. Finland had multiple odd-man rushes and a breakaway. Canada had none.

The third period was the one that was most disappointing as a fan. All Canada did was flip the puck to center, or dump it off the glass. It's ridiculous to try to hold onto a one goal lead for 20 mins.

The coaching was pretty terrible for Canada, but let's face it. They didn't have much of a team this year. That said, the whole tourney has been a bit of a snoozefest. There aren't too many exciting players this year. It's a product of last year's weak draft class. Anyone young enough (and good enough) from the previous draft year is already in the NHL.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

It is great for the sport but sorry I don't agree with you, I think the game was a lot closer then what your leading on to believe. but you know, it is a message board where everyone has their own opinion. :naughty:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Not sure where else to post this, but god forbid we sell Duchene/Stone at the deadline and pick up a mid/late 1st, I think my target would be Brett Leason. He was the most impressive forward on Team Canada after Glass and Frost. I'm not at the point int he year where I start dissecting the draft too much, but this kid is for real. Not sure the top end talent is there, but he'll play in the NHL, of that I'm fairly confident.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
How has Norris looked? Just got home but things seem to be going well for the States (in hockey I mean, not in any other sense lol)

He just had a good shift, stole the puck behind the net and then got it back later and put passed it thru a guys legs to Farabee

Would have been a tap in but it got broken up last second

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Poor Comtois, got beat up on social media. He's just a kid!

Social media allows weak people to bully without consequence, not sure if its a bug or a feature at this point...

Feel awful for the kids. I love seeing them win but when they dont, I dont think any less of the guys. If you really need to be angry at anyone direct it at Hockey Canada

The other countries are so good nowadays though even if all the best players play and the best coach coaches, we wont win every year

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
How has Norris looked? Just got home but things seem to be going well for the States (in hockey I mean, not in any other sense lol)

He just had a good shift, stole the puck behind the net and then got it back later and put passed it thru a guys legs to Farabee

Would have been a tap in but it got broken up last second

Norris sees the game well, nice vision, passes well and can play the cycle. Him and tkachuk will be nasty together

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The way McCagg was tweeting about Romanov I think I was going to be watching the next Orr.
*checks to see if he’s a Habs prospect*

Ah.

McCagg definitely has a bias towards Habs prospects.

To his credit though, he was one of the first people to pump Kotkaniemi as a legit top 3 pick, even before the Habs lucked into the 3rd OVR pick.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The way McCagg was tweeting about Romanov I think I was going to be watching the next Orr.
*checks to see if he’s a Habs prospect*

Ah.

McGagg is the biggest Habs homer out there. He knows his stuff but holy is he all over every Habs prospect like they are the next Gretzky/Orr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad