Post-Game Talk: 2019 World Junior Hockey

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
I think we have that in Batherson, Tkachuk & White not to mention Chabot on defence.
Only chabot is high end. Tkachuk looks like a low end first liner at best, white and batherson third liners with potential to be decent second liners

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
My money's on the Finns tonight.

Screenshot 2019-01-05 16.43.37.png

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I don’t get this take. Tkachuk is definitely high end and White is already a second liner

Too early to say on either. Tkachuk is definitely a top 6 forward. We'll see what happens when he gets stronger. White has had a good half season but I'm not ready to call him a guaranteed top 6 forward yet.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Norris is looking pretty good here, not sure why we're getting these idiotic 3rd liner takes.

Gold medal game is very tight, not much room to get going. My early prediction is the US takes this if there is more than 1 goal scored, if not the Finns take it 1-0.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Norris is looking pretty good here, not sure why we're getting these idiotic 3rd liner takes.

Gold medal game is very tight, not much room to get going. My early prediction is the US takes this if there is more than 1 goal scored, if not the Finns take it 1-0.

everyone knows norris is going to be a good hockey player but its incredibly difficult to make it as a legit offensive threat in the nhl.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
everyone knows norris is going to be a good hockey player but its incredibly difficult to make it as a legit offensive threat in the nhl.

That's totally fair, I agree and that would be my conclusion too. I guess I'm just reacting to the takes that he is devoid of any talent, he's got plenty of talent. He looks pretty good tonight, we have to hope that translates to the NHL.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

A 3rd liner in 2019 is a much different animal than a 3rd liner in 1999.

Today's NHL is basically a 1st line, 2nd line A & B, and a 3rd line by old NHL standards.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That's totally fair, I agree and that would be my conclusion too. I guess I'm just reacting to the takes that he is devoid of any talent, he's got plenty of talent. He looks pretty good tonight, we have to hope that translates to the NHL.

he does everything right but seems to lack offensive creativity/vision/iq to me

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
he does everything right but seems to lack offensive creativity/vision/iq to me

He plays such an intelligent game... quick on the puck and gets it off his stick very quickly

He won't be a game breaker but he has all the tools to be a productive and important big minute player

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He plays such an intelligent game... quick on the puck and gets it off his stick very quickly

He won't be a game breaker but he has all the tools to be a productive and important big minute player

norris plays a very safe mobile game. makes the right play but not the great plays.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Big goal by Norris to tie it up at 2!

Chmelevski sure has been great tonight, was hoping we would get him when I saw that EK65 was going to SJ

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
A bigger, more physical Tierney. Safe, solid, versatile, two-way center.

Better shooter, better defensively, better skater, and I bet he will be better at faceoffs

I am sure there are things that Tierney is better at too but I find his game hard to evaluate. He is not a great skater, shooter or defensive player though, thats for sure

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Only chabot is high end. Tkachuk looks like a low end first liner at best, white and batherson third liners with potential to be decent second liners

White is on pace for 50 points in his first full season you see that as a third liner?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad