Post-Game Talk: 2019 World Junior Hockey

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
McCagg definitely has a bias towards Habs prospects.

To his credit though, he was one of the first people to pump Kotkaniemi as a legit top 3 pick, even before the Habs lucked into the 3rd OVR pick.
He’s most definitely a good evaluator of players. But I don’t doubt that if they hadn’t picked kotkaniemi he would be nitpicking is game ad nausiem now though.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Podkolzin plays exactly like Crosby. Way he skates and moves and They way he plays below the goal line

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Norris is a poor man's version of White.

Likely a 3rd/4th line center at the NHL level.
They play nothing alike though. I find Norris hasn’t some serious talent but he’s one of those guys who just always in position with is cool but he’s got to break out of his shell a little offensively try something here and there

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
They play nothing alike though. I find Norris hasn’t some serious talent but he’s one of those guys who just always in position with is cool but he’s got to break out of his shell a little offensively try something here and there

I feel like he was playing with lesser line mates too. I was also intrigued that he always seemed to be in the right position or make the right pass very effortless. Look forward to seeing what he can become

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Homers

Norris talk reminds me exactly of White's talk. I remember when I went to see the rookie tournament with Vprime and Jules and and how we noticed White and were talking about him, while the board was getting down on him every week. You could tell he was a player that makes things happen. It takes a bit of time to figure it out at the NHL level, the competition level is incredible, everyone is damn good. White has great tools and a very high IQ, didn't expect him to be as good right away but he's getting there. Looks like he might be even better than I thought. I'm expecting the same thing with Norris, differently but the same impact level.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think it's pretty fair to project Norris as a middle 6 type of player at the NHL level. All depends on the next few years, and if he can reach his ceiling.

Not a bad thing, but not the high end impact type player we need in the future.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Just left the Finland - Swiss game and walked past Craig MacTavish, Marc Bergevin and Chris Drury. Was looking for Dorion to ask him some stuff but to no avail.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nice. Sens fans will get a good look at Hughes and Kakko. How much is that dog in the window, arf arf?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice. Sens fans will get a good look at Hughes and Kakko. How much is that dog in the window, arf arf?

And Lundell 2020 eligible (17 y/o in October) C/LW who has 4 g, 6a in Liiga (top Finnish league) in 20 games this year.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Norris is a poor man's version of White.

Likely a 3rd/4th line center at the NHL level.

That's exactly what was said of Colin White ........that he was a poor mans version of JGP.

Turns out, he's much better than projected.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Norris has more raw ayhletic ability (speed and strength) than White. But he doesn't have smarts and the ability to change direction fast in tight spaces. Neither player tends to even try to beat players 1 on 1 with their hands.

If Norris figures a few things out he could be a Kesler level player. If not he's a prime Chris Kelly, IMO.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well according to some not having prospects like that is gravy when you have guys like Norris and tychonik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad