Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal has withdrawn their contract extension offer to Aaron Ramsey. He's going to leave in Jan or next summer.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal has withdrawn their contract extension offer to Aaron Ramsey. He's going to leave in Jan or next summer.

Makes me kind of sad. He's always been one of my favourite players and has had a lot of amazing moments. That being said we simply have better options that are more consistent at this point.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Raiola is going to meet United officials in November to discuss Pogba’s future. Pogba is happy in England, at United, and with his teammates. He is open to a move simply because of Mou. According to Guardian.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Makes me kind of sad. He's always been one of my favourite players and has had a lot of amazing moments. That being said we simply have better options that are more consistent at this point.

Best case scenario is they replicate the Sanchez move. Losing Ramsey on a free would be brutal business.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Best case scenario is they replicate the Sanchez move. Losing Ramsey on a free would be brutal business.

That would leave me sad and mad. The club definitely needs to find a way to get something back for him. I'm not liking this trend of leaving these contract/sale discussions to the end of contracts. Makes me uneasy

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
That would leave me sad and mad. The club definitely needs to find a way to get something back for him. I'm not liking this trend of leaving these contract/sale discussions to the end of contracts. Makes me uneasy

I think Ramsey is really still the residual effects of the Wenger regime. I can't see it being an issue under Sven Mislintat going forward. He knows what he's doing after working under one of the best in Michael Zorc.

Personally, I don't mind Ramsey, but I think it's time to move on. Hopefully for Arsenal fans' sake, he can get creative and somehow get a player in return out of it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean I know Ox is injured atm but I could see Ramsey doing a Chambo if he moves to a club that complements him. Hell, I actually think he'd fit in great at Barca or City. My guess is he stays in England but we'll see.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Agreed, I'm devastated by this. He had his flaws, but he gave it his all. After that Shawcross leg break, I never cheered so hard for an individual player. Then in 2013 calendar year he was the best PL midfielder at the time, but has been up and down since. It is the right decision moving forward.

We badly need wingers. One of Lozano, Pulisic or Sarr should be with the Arsenal next yr.

Reactions: robertmac43

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think Ramsey will go to Chelsea. Kovacic will be too expensive to buy I think and Ramsey would perform well in the attack role Sarri is currently shoe-horning Kante in.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I think Ramsey will go to Chelsea. Kovacic will be too expensive to buy I think and Ramsey would perform well in the attack role Sarri is currently shoe-horning Kante in.

Yeah, but then what do you do with Kante? Jorginho is going to be the regista , without a doubt, and Kante absolutely has to be on the pitch.

If you're bringing Ramsey in January , it's to rotate with Kovacic and to provide cover.

So, say Ramsey actually does go to Chelsea , if you're able to get a player in a swap-deal , who would you realistically like to acquire?

Barkley?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah, but then what do you do with Kante? Jorginho is going to be the regista , without a doubt, and Kante absolutely has to be on the pitch.

If you're bringing Ramsey in January , it's to rotate with Kovacic and to provide cover.

So, say Ramsey actually does go to Chelsea , if you're able to get a player in a swap-deal , who would you realistically like to acquire?

Barkley?
Loftus-Cheek, Zouma or Gary Cahill I reckon if it's gonna be a swap deal.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

I think it's a matter of time before Sarri moves Kante to the left and Kovacic to the right.
Right now, Kovacic is having to deal with Alonso's forward runs on the defensive side (he's managing fine, but Kante does it better, duh), and offensively he and Hazard are almost bumping into each other on that side.
Assuming they both can play on the other side, Kante would make more sense on the left, and Kovacic would need to be less defensively responsible (massive difference defensively between Azpi and Alonso) and would bring more creativity to the right side and Willian/Pedro.

Whether he stays or not (Kovacic) depends on how he does for the season, how much Sarri wants him and whether Madrid would let him go.
I expect the first 2 things to happen, but I also think Lopetegui's Madrid could fail on all fronts and Perez, as a result, could be very hesitant to let Kovacic go.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Unai Emery said to have requested Arsenal sign player in January, picked him out - Sport Witness

Tielemans is exactly the profile Arsenal should be targeting. Though, as the writer says, it seems rather unlikely a move happens in Jan.

Definitely an intriguing player, to say the least.
Given his play during his time with Monaco, he's CLEARLY on the block, as long as they don't lose the money. He'll be in the stands for this weekend's game given his dramatic level of play.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Given his play during his time with Monaco, he's CLEARLY on the block, as long as they don't lose the money. He'll be in the stands for this weekend's game given his dramatic level of play.

Yeah, I saw Jardim dropped Pellegri and him for this weekend. You obviously know more about it than I do.

Perhaps it would be an ideal time to sign him , as his value/fee would probably be outrageous if he was playing well. Though, I'd wonder why Monaco would move him so soon/easily , as there's every chance his value could increase within the next 1-2 seasons.

Doesn't seem like ideal asset management to me , unless he's truly got character concerns and they want to cut the cord. Well, that, or Arsenal pays an exorbitant fee. Which, given that Monaco signed him for 25m only a season ago, doesn't seem likely.

It seems to me the best move for Monaco is to just remain patient , otherwise, expecting any kind of respectable return on investment is pretty much just banking on Arsenal (or someone else) conducting poor transfer business.

Tough call. I wouldn't feel comfortable paying 25m+ for Tielemans at this point in time if I were Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad