Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
You guys think Pep will let Kompany go at the end of the season? His contract is expiring.

I don't care if he's older and injury prone , I'd take him at Roma for a couple years. We need a leader back there, even if it's only for 15-20 games a year.

He'd be a huge upgrade , and there is a little precedent with Dzeko and Kolarov coming here.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Pogba I hear Brighton is looking for a new CM if you want to come to a club with a challenge?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fair enough, I'm not overly familiar with the English media. There's a ton of smoke , though:

Man Utd: Pogba wants Juve return, defender seeks January exit

Mou pushes Pogba to Juve? | Football Italia

It could be Mourinho just using his media snakes to put an agenda out there , but at some point, we might just need to accept there's something to this.

It could be true for sure. I’m not going to say it will never happen because if Mou is there at the end of this season, Pogba, Martial, Mata, and probably De Gea will all be gone.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yes more turmoil for Man U! I almost feel bad, but I will take anything to help get back into the CL

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
It could be true for sure. I’m not going to say it will never happen because if Mou is there at the end of this season, Pogba, Martial, Mata, and probably De Gea will all be gone.

haha well could you guys please let Darmian come home? Christ , enough is enough. Roma will take him with open arms.

You really think De Gea would leave? Man... Pogba is one thing , but De Gea would be catastrophic.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
haha well could you guys please let Darmian come home? Christ , enough is enough. Roma will take him with open arms.

You really think De Gea would leave? Man... Pogba is one thing , but De Gea would be catastrophic.
Maybe not this offseason but eventually because everyone else would leave and no one wants to play for Mou.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think a move will happen in the winter, but I think a big club will purchase Manuel Akanji away from Dortmund in the summer. Terrific CB. He quietly has been one of the best CB's in Europe the last year and he was excellent at the World Cup.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Premier League players in the last year of their contracts

According to this site/article , these guys have expiring contracts for United :

- De Gea (club option for an additional year)
- Martial
- Herrera
- Juan Mata
- Jones
- Smalling
- Shaw
- Darmian

Damn dude, Woodward has some work to do.
De Gea already extended. Shaw will extend soon. Jones, Smalling, and Darmian aren't big losses. Mata, Herrera, and Martial are kind of question marks.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

According to this site/article , these guys have expiring contracts for United :

- Martial
- Herrera
- Juan Mata
- Jones
- Smalling
- Shaw
- Darmian

Pogba's contract isn't expiring, but he's in the last year of his contract.

They had options with Herrera and Mata like they did with De Gea. Herrera was only too happy to stay. :facepalm: I wonder if he'll end up back at Athletic Club.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pogba's contract isn't expiring, but he's in the last year of his contract.

They had options with Herrera and Mata like they did with De Gea. Herrera was only too happy to stay. :facepalm: I wonder if he'll end up back at Athletic Club.
They have the money to get him but he should play for a bigger team.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

Still can’t believe they kept Darmian around and didn’t work something out. Cruel. The guys never gonna play. (Although I’m sure he’s making damn good money)

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I mean at one time he was definitely a good coach, you don't win the CL with the likes of Porto and Inter by being a poor tactician. But since then his head got even bigger than it was, he thinks he is better and bigger than the team, acts like a clown, makes life miserable for players, etc. Just a toxic guy to be around, and what's worst for Utd, players don't want to go there because of him.

Reactions: gary69 and Gecklund

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England

- Martial
- Herrera
- Juan Mata
- Jones
- Smalling
- Shaw
- Darmian

Martial has a club option year too so Mourinho will probably be gone by then with enough time to get Martial signed to a new deal, although there are rumours about a new deal now.

Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Valencia and Pereira have club option years according to When Manchester United players' contracts expire

Valencia and Young shouldn't be renewed, they'll be 34 at the start of next season.

Extend Jones, Smalling and Darmian then sell them. Keep Shaw, Herrera, Mata and Pereira. Sign a RB, LB, CB and RW. Then stop playing FM. :help:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean at one time he was definitely a good coach, you don't win the CL with the likes of Porto and Inter by being a poor tactician. But since then his head got even bigger than it was, he thinks he is better and bigger than the team, acts like a clown, makes life miserable for players, etc. Just a toxic guy to be around, and what's worst for Utd, players don't want to go there because of him.

I mean he definitely revolutionized a certain style of play back in the late 00’s/early 10’s. But obviously eventually his style got figured out, and since he’s such a narcissist/egomaniac he’s never changed his ways at all and it’s really affected him as a manager.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I read it was because of Sanchez? He wants to play but they got Sanchez and he was forced to the bench.

Because of Mou lol. Mou wanted a big name attacker and got one in Sanchez. Which was dumb because our most important young attackers play the same position as him.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Because of Mou lol. Mou wanted a big name attacker and got one in Sanchez. Which was dumb because our most important young attackers play the same position as him.

Also because you're paying him a lot of money to play football that doesn't suit him, which is again on Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad