OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Riders played tough...but just couldn't capitalize on their many golden opportunities. Biggest win for the Bombers in nearly a decade. Hope they put it all together next weekend!

Reactions: GNP

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I've been a Bomber fan since 2008 (Milt ultimately won me over, but admittedly I was trying to impress an ex's father), prior to that I was not a CFL fan, didn't care for American or Canadian Football tbh, and if I watched a game or a cup, I cheered for the Stampeders (my then-home town team ... though in 2007 I did cheer for the Bombers! Like I said I love Milt!)

Now, I am a Bomber fan and for me, this is the one CFL team I have that "true" attachment to

I've only seen them go to the Cup once before in 2011. I know, 2008 was a great year to become a fan of the club eh haha

But I stuck through their dark years and it's been so much better supporting a winning team.

I can't imagine how this feels for those of you who have long supported the team and seen the glory days when they were a powerhouse of a club.

Lets enjoy the moment! This is a big deal! Win or lose in the Cup just getting there itself is a major hurdle this franchise has overcome and the league seems more competitive than ever. Go Blue!!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
For those that go back that far --this matchup between the TiCats and Bombers brings me back in time, when they played in the Grey Gup in the early 1960's -- with Bud Grant as Bombers head coach. I believe the Bombers won 5 Grey Cups, from 1959 to 1965. ( great dynasty team)

Remember those Bomber players --Ken Ploen (QB), Leo Lewis, Farrell Funston, Ernie Pitts, Gerry James, Ken Neilson, Herbie Gray, Frank Rigney and the rest of them. The greatest dynasty team ever for the Bombers.

The Ti-Cats --had Bernie Faloney (QB) --Garnie Henley, Angela Mosca, and others. The Tiger Cats and Bombers were very closely matched, in that era.

Those were really great close matches -- I believe one was played in the Fog,( Fogbowl) I think in 1959 to around 1961. All great matches.

Last edited:

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
What was really obnoxious was the Sask player doing a backflip after their one QB sack..
You have to have some fun in life. Live it up!

I LOVE the Collaros redemption story. All of the Bombers found redemption in the last two games. Today they kept delivering the goods, again and again I was expecting disappointment, and I was dead wrong.

The Grey Cup could absolutely go either way, but based on the sheer will and talent I saw today, I definitely have found hope!

Wonderful stuff. This is why we watch sports.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
3gol0s.jpg

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I do hope they finally win their first Grey Cup one day...

The colder the weather -- the more advantage the Bombers have of winning. The TiCats threw for a lot of yards vs the Esks today, so a real cold day, will bring down the passing game of both teams.

The Bombers with Harris --should be at advantage in cold weather.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Esks fan here, gonna cheer hard for you guys. Hamilton is intensely unlikeable, mainly due to Lawrence, who should still be suspended. I hope Collaros gets his revenge.

You know what they say... revenge is a dish best served cold... and it will be cold in Calgary.

There’s also the fact that TSN seems to be falling head over heels for Hamilton. Hope you guys destroy them and leave the TSN guys speechless.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

The colder the weather -- the more advantage the Bombers have of winning. The TiCats threw for a lot of yards vs the Esks today, so a real cold day, will bring down the passing game of both teams.

The Bombers with Harris --should be at advantage in cold weather.

Evans and their offense can be rattled. Our idiot coach Maas couldn’t take advantage of anything today but you guys should fare better.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm listening to the post game show on TSN 1290, Troy Westwood is already crowning the Tiger Cats is Grey Cup Champs.

I would never go into a big game with him on my team.

He is one bitter little man, he cost us 2001 and many other games.

He also said the Jets would not be over .500 at the end of November..

I also recall him saying he was scared to death of how bad Hellebuyck would probably play this season...

Hey Troy, listen to Coach O'Shea.

This is what a winner sounds like.

"It's easy to believe in our guys and we're gonna find a way to get it done."

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I still remember 1984 like it was yesterday. Up until that point I had never seen the Bombers win a Grey Cup and they broke what is now their second longest drought against the same Hamilton Tiger Cats. Let’s hope they repeat this year and break the 29 year curse against the same team!
Go Bombers!!!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I still remember 1984 like it was yesterday. Up until that point I had never seen the Bombers win a Grey Cup and they broke what is now their second longest drought against the same Hamilton Tiger Cats. Let’s hope they repeat this year and break the 29 year curse against the same team!
Go Bombers!!!
Remember it well also. I was 18 and took a bus to Edmonton with a buddy to catch the game. It is a great memory for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad