OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I remember Hammy coming out and putting some points on the board (17) and TC losing a contact lens...an important interception (Shaw?) and the Bombers dominating the rest of the game.
We had a VERY dominant home team back then. Teams did not want to come to Winnipeg to play.

Reactions: Ducky10

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I was at the 1972 Western Final, and it broke my 13-year-old heart.

It took 47 years, but I finally buried that ghost today.

It feels very, very good!
Hey we’re the same age. :) Wasn’t at that game but I remember it well. Such one sided officiating.

Reactions: Fairview

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I remember Hammy coming out and putting some points on the board (17) and TC losing a contact lens...an important interception (Shaw?) and the Bombers dominating the rest of the game.
We had a VERY dominant home team back then. Teams did not want to come to Winnipeg to play.
That old stadium was a vicious place to play in the 80’s and early 90’s. Ruthless teams and ruthless fans, loved it despite it being a dump.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Bombers winning that game by standing up the Riders 3 times on the 5 yard line is crazy. Pretty good defense.

They better go all the way next Sunday and finish that 29 year drought.

Reactions: GNP

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Last time we won a Cup we played Hamilton , we had Clements as our QB . Well we are playing Hamilton and have Collaros , close enough . :nod:
Ya, pretty close. Clements and Brock were traded for each other and then ended up facing each other in the GC. Clements gave us mobility at the QB spot, something that Brock did not have. Ex-Ticat QB destroys former team. I would love to see this Ex-Ticat QB do the same thing a mere 35 years later. IIRC the Ticats had given up on Clements, with many in Hamilton convinced Clements was not effective anymore. Kinda like the furor on here when Collaros was brought on. A few on here claiming that he was done. Be real cool if history repeats itself ..kinda. It’s gonna be tough though.
Actually the game that we both are referring to was the 1984 Cup. That was the first cup for us after a long drought. After that win, we won a few others before going dormant again.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So, is the Blue Bomber forum just no longer a thing? Down for the second straight week of playoffs. Not sure it’s ever gonna come back now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Cheering hard for you guys. I can hardly stand the NFL anymore and became a pseudo Bomber fan since around the time of Swaggerville. Been patiently waiting for the boys in Blue to get back to the Grey Cup and it would be a hell of a nice birthday present for me (11/25) to see you finally get it done. I can't even imagine the wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad